Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Peoples Vote/Second Referendum?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 am

Latest YouGov Poll

How would you vote if another European Union referendum was held today?

LEAVE 37% REMAIN 46%

Would you support or oppose a public vote on whether Britain stays in the EU, Leaves the EU on the terms set out in the government’s deal, or Leaves the EU with no deal?

SUPPORT 44% OPPOSE 35%

Why are you ignoring the views of the British people?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:29 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:The American vote was way off just a month or so before the elections. She had something like a 9 point lead in the polls

You answered your own question - $2.4 billion dollars was spent on the US Election largely on TV advertising. Opinion changes during a campaign otherwise it would be pointless having a campaign.

Please think through your posts before pressing Submit.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:32 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:but your point of view is more likely to be respected if you can avoid the personal insults. I always believe an argument is lost the minute a person is unable to debate without name calling etc.

You stop lieing and I will stop calling you a liar - Deal?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:40 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:but your point of view is more likely to be respected if you can avoid the personal insults. I always believe an argument is lost the minute a person is unable to debate without name calling etc.

You stop lieing and I will stop calling you a liar - Deal?

Just something I have copied and pasted for you from your favourite engine search Dave. Whether or not this is factual or wrong again I will let you decide. I do not believe everything I read on the internet, but apparently you do, so I guess the following may be right.

The present participle of lie is not lieing. The I becomes a Y: lying. Here is a mnemonic from the website Primility to help you tell laying and lying apart: “If you tell an untruth it is a lie, not a lay; and if you are in the process of telling an untruth you are lying and not laying.”

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:The present participle of lie is not lieing. The I becomes a Y: lying. Here is a mnemonic from the website Primility to help you tell laying and lying apart: “If you tell an untruth it is a lie, not a lay; and if you are in the process of telling an untruth you are lying and not laying.”

Well done on posting a valid point - it had to come sooner or later?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am

The views of the British people were declared in 2106. There are some bed wetting types out there trying to insult that decision, but these are generally just void of the vertebral column.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The present participle of lie is not lieing. The I becomes a Y: lying. Here is a mnemonic from the website Primility to help you tell laying and lying apart: “If you tell an untruth it is a lie, not a lay; and if you are in the process of telling an untruth you are lying and not laying.”

Well done on posting a valid point - it had to come sooner or later?

Did not want people thinking you were intelligent Dave. Easy enough to continually copy and paste in this modern era, but sometimes you get an indication of just how intelligent a person is when they are unable to spell a word that the average ten year old can spell without a second thought. Anyway, have a good Krismuss.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:57 am

rumpo kid wrote:The views of the British people were declared in 2106.

Two questions...
1. Are you a time traveller?
2. Did you build the time machine yourself?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:59 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Did not want people thinking you were intelligent Dave. Easy enough to continually copy and paste in this modern era, but sometimes you get an indication of just how intelligent a person is when they are unable to spell a word that the average ten year old can spell without a second thought. Anyway, have a good Krismuss.

Wow you have never made a spelling mistake in your life?
Do you have any other super powers?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:12 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Did not want people thinking you were intelligent Dave. Easy enough to continually copy and paste in this modern era, but sometimes you get an indication of just how intelligent a person is when they are unable to spell a word that the average ten year old can spell without a second thought. Anyway, have a good Krismuss.

Wow you have never made a spelling mistake in your life?
Do you have any other super powers?

Not a mistake Dave. You did it more than once. Can't you at least admit you did not know how to spell this five letter word. Perhaps it's the fact that it has more than one syllable that did it for you. In answer to your question, yes I have made spelling mistakes. I try not to make the mistake more than once, and no I do not have super powers. Try not making yourself look more silly Dave, not being able to spell is not really a sign of lacking intelligence. I was just pulling your leg. Calm down and have a cup of coffee or something.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Dave67 wrote:

Two questions...

Yes Dave, I’m travelling throughout time right now, as you are. Second question is irrelevant.

Life must be hard when one struggles with all those big five letter words. Ten years may be a little optimistic Steve.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Dave67 wrote:

Two questions...

Are you as condescending snide and obnoxious off line?

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Jock wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

Two questions...

Are you as condescending snide and obnoxious off line?

Jock, he's clearly not intelligent enough to trawl Google, listen to the likes of us and the voices in his head at the same time! ;) :laughing6:

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Can put this thread down to one of those threads thats lost its way just like bo peeps sheep! :laughing5:

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Come across plenty of these characters over the years, especially Union stewards..

And the Bottom Inspectors.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Okay just abuse and spelling lessons now.

The usual suspects saying nothing and heartily agreeing with each other - spot on :thumbup:

Looks like the end of the thread.

I am sure we shall have another thread before the referendum.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Dave67 wrote:Okay just abuse and spelling lessons now.

The usual suspects saying nothing and heartily agreeing with each other - spot on :thumbup:

Looks like the end of the thread.

I am sure we shall have another thread before the referendum.

Dave, making yourself look even more stupid again if that is possible. Cracking comment about the abuse. I won't express an opinion here Dave, I will show a few comments previously posted during what started as a sensible debate, that is until you became involved. Try taking a guess as to who made the following remarks Dave, I will give you a clue. They were made by someone who is great at copying and pasting, but that certain someone shows a distinct lack of intelligence when trying to post something not copied from another source.

"I assumed you were capable of clicking it. Apologies for overestimating your abilities"

"sorry I don't have the time or inclination to teach you basic comprehension skills"

"maybe you should think before you assert this nonsense?"

"Go to https://translate.google.co.uk/ and select english to stupid that should make it easier for you."

"To be honest I saw what you wrote and thought "if that lazy idiot cannot even be bothered to post a reason for googling it then he can go fcuk himself"

Plenty more where they came from. You see Dave, all you succeed in doing each time you post is to prove what most on here already know. There are no limits to your stupidity, and given the remarks posted above (I assume even with your limited intelligence you are aware who made them), are you really surprised that you have experienced a little retaliation. I am not sure in which field you excel the most, stupidity or arrogance. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go for the second one, although I am sure you will soon respond and prove me wrong yet again.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Ps Dave. That's me done on the subject now. Back to footy for me. :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Dave67 wrote:Latest YouGov Poll

How would you vote if another European Union referendum was held today?

LEAVE 37% REMAIN 46%

Would you support or oppose a public vote on whether Britain stays in the EU, Leaves the EU on the terms set out in the government’s deal, or Leaves the EU with no deal?

SUPPORT 44% OPPOSE 35%

Why are you ignoring the views of the British people?

Only clowns like you waste their time on pointless polls online like that. The real british vote was held officially and thats when everyone me included went out and voted on it. I cant be bothered to waste my time on a yougov bullshit poll online which means nothing and i guarantee there are many like me

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:13 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The American vote was way off just a month or so before the elections. She had something like a 9 point lead in the polls

You answered your own question - $2.4 billion dollars was spent on the US Election largely on TV advertising. Opinion changes during a campaign otherwise it would be pointless having a campaign.

Please think through your posts before pressing Submit.

so your saying the polls were accurate but opinion then changed ….so ,if your many copy and paste polls do happen to be correct ,the chances are they would no longer be if there was another vote and campaigns..

isnt that the exact opposite of everything you have previously argued..?

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:40 am

Bye Dave..come back again my friend.

Always beneficial to get the angle from the losing position.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:51 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:I guarantee there are many like me

nah I suspect you are special.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:07 am

dogfound wrote:so your saying the polls were accurate but opinion then changed ….so ,if your many copy and paste polls do happen to be correct ,the chances are they would no longer be if there was another vote and campaigns..
isnt that the exact opposite of everything you have previously argued..?

Polling Myths

The Janet and John version......

An opinion poll is a snapshot of public opinion over short a period of time (1-2 days). It is based on a sample usually about 1000 people who are picked to represent the country as a whole in terms of demographics (sex; social class; previous voting; newspapers read etc)

A poll is typical accurate within the margin of Error +-3% dependent on sample size. Although you will get rogue polls or outliers which can be wildly off but are rare.

In answer to your question they are a snapshot of opinion at a moment in time. Opinions are fluid.

If you still don't understand then get someone else to explain it to you.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:19 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Plenty more where they came from. You see Dave, all you succeed in doing each time you post is to prove what most on here already know. There are no limits to your stupidity, and given the remarks posted above (I assume even with your limited intelligence you are aware who made them), are you really surprised that you have experienced a little retaliation. I am not sure in which field you excel the most, stupidity or arrogance. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go for the second one, although I am sure you will soon respond and prove me wrong yet again.

Steve to spend so much time trawling through my posts to cut and paste bits where I have been unkind to you is flattering.

To complain about me not being nice to you is a valid point. To go on to call me stupid and arrogant just goes to show how incoherent your thought processes are.

Can I suggest that you stick to policing people's spelling - you seem to be competent at that and can do it without lieing. ;)
Last edited by Dave67 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am

Dave67 wrote:

The irony! You are the special one fella, arguing with every person on this thread, that is pretty special and points out blatantly that youve got a lot of issues bless you. #SpecialDave

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

The irony! You are the special one fella, arguing with every person on this thread, that is pretty special and points out blatantly that youve got a lot of issues bless you. #SpecialDave

wow back in the school yard. okay lets do this...

No, you are special!
Last edited by Dave67 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:23 am

Dave67 wrote:

Special needs :lol:

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:29 am

rumpo kid wrote:Bye Dave..come back again my friend.

rumpo kid, your sole achievement in this thread has been to make dogfound look a inspired genius in comparison.

Can you point to ANY contribution that you have made to this thread that has contributed anything?

I may have missed some - I do not bother to try to read the ones that where you cannot figure out how to quote somebody (I really don't know how you manage to fail at this so often).

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:38 am

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Plenty more where they came from. You see Dave, all you succeed in doing each time you post is to prove what most on here already know. There are no limits to your stupidity, and given the remarks posted above (I assume even with your limited intelligence you are aware who made them), are you really surprised that you have experienced a little retaliation. I am not sure in which field you excel the most, stupidity or arrogance. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go for the second one, although I am sure you will soon respond and prove me wrong yet again.

Steve to spend so much time trawling through my posts to cut and paste bits where I have been unkind to you is flattering.

To complain about me not being nice to you is a valid point. To go on to call me stupid and arrogant just goes to show how incoherent your thought processes are.

Can I suggest that you stick to policing people's spelling - you seem to be competent at that and can do it without lieing. ;)

I gave you the benefit of the doubt Dave, and put your inane ramblings down to arrogance rather than stupidity. As I suspected, you proved me wrong and it is now apparent that your main problem is sheer stupidity. You have filled up a large proportion of this very large thread with little other than copying and pasting, and the comments made by you which I reproduced above were mostly directed towards other people. You seem to forget that your childish insults have been directed at virtually everyone who does not share your opinions.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:41 am

Dave67 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Bye Dave..come back again my friend.

rumpo kid, your sole achievement in this thread has been to make dogfound look a inspired genius in comparison.

Can you point to ANY contribution that you have made to this thread that has contributed anything?

I may have missed some - I do not bother to try to read the ones that where you cannot figure out how to quote somebody (I really don't know how you manage to fail at this so often).

Give it a rest, fella. Starting to make yourself look and sound like a certain other Forum Troll who is never wrong right now! ;)

Enjoy your Christmas and come back refreshed in the New Year! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :santa: