Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we please start having a go at teams!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:52 am

Surely someone has to be looking at this slow, lacklustre way we start games... Its ok NW saying we wanted to be in with a shout with 30 to go - well get at them FFS stop waiting until we are down.

Watford looked a very good passing side but this counter attacking football does not suit us. Id much rather we get at them early on. Camarassa seems to have more freedom as games develop and its only then we look decent. With Mendez back now (who I must say is looking as good as he was pre injury) and Murphy on other flank we have to start looking at options of pushing on. Get Bobby Reid or Ward in the mix, lets start actually going to win a game rather than hoping for a 0-0

Re: Can we please start having a go at teams!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Surely someone has to be looking at this slow, lacklustre way we start games... Its ok NW saying we wanted to be in with a shout with 30 to go - well get at them FFS stop waiting until we are down.

Watford looked a very good passing side but this counter attacking football does not suit us. Id much rather we get at them early on. Camarassa seems to have more freedom as games develop and its only then we look decent. With Mendez back now (who I must say is looking as good as he was pre injury) and Murphy on other flank we have to start looking at options of pushing on. Get Bobby Reid or Ward in the mix, lets start actually going to win a game rather than hoping for a 0-0

Yes, it's a simple as that isn't it, Warnock with his million games knows feck all does he?

We believe in the Manager, trust in his knowledge of the game, he is basically saying if we tried it we would be getting ripped apart like Fulham when they did !!!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm

BLUEBINA
To be fair to ryan blue he is just stating a fact through frustration as i see it myself, away from home we are setting up to defensively and sometimes it looks like we are to frightened to go over the halfway line hence the slow looking starts away from home if we adopted the up and at em approach which we do at home which gets the crowd going, neil stated on goals on sunday that its difficult at away games with 30,000 home fans against us from what i have heard and experienced we make it sound more like a home game non stop support, so i hope we on saturday are up and at em from the start and get all us fans behind them and get some noise from all around the ground not just the canton, we may not be the 70,000 stadium but we can make more noise than any premier League ground, it must be in our jeans singing loudly from choirs and no locks on toilet doors, so hopefully the whole ground will sing up on saturday night after oiling our vocal chords beforehand lets take the roof off.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:35 pm

think some people need a reality check ..

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm

dogfound wrote:think some people need a reality check ..

Yeah they certainly do !
I suggest they have a look at my thread " Football, isn't it ", where I addressed this subject.

For the benefit of the original poster here, no we can't just go Pete Tong when the whistle blows because we're trying to manage games to get the best possible outcome with very limited rescources. If we started taking premiership teams on at beach football we'd lose by double figures every time.

You might remember Ossie Ardilles tried that during his brief encounter with management at Tottenham. He got royally fu@@ed doing it with some of the worlds top players, so I wonder what you think would happen with Lee Peltier and Joe Ralls running at them like nutters ?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah they certainly do !
I suggest they have a look at my thread " Football, isn't it ", where I addressed this subject.

For the benefit of the original poster here, no we can't just go Pete Tong when the whistle blows because we're trying to manage games to get the best possible outcome with very limited rescources. If we started taking premiership teams on at beach football we'd lose by double figures every time.

You might remember Ossie Ardilles tried that during his brief encounter with management at Tottenham. He got royally fu@@ed doing it with some of the worlds top players, so I wonder what you think would happen with Lee Peltier and Joe Ralls running at them like nutters ?

I’m not saying going pete tong when the whistle blows. Nor am I in need of a reality check. Nw has himself said we’re not just going along for the ride we are going to get at teams. Sorry but at the moment we are doing anything but when we go away. Why does it take us normally at least 1 goal down sometimes more to have a go. But if pace but if attacking intent is all I want to see. I’d rather lose but giving it a fkin go that get our arses kicked for 70 mins then feel like we need to start working.
I’m a big warnock fan but I’d rather see us having more attacking flavour in first hour

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:50 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah they certainly do !

I’m not saying going pete tong when the whistle blows. Nor am I in need of a reality check. Nw has himself said we’re not just going along for the ride we are going to get at teams. Sorry but at the moment we are doing anything but when we go away. Why does it take us normally at least 1 goal down sometimes more to have a go. But if pace but if attacking intent is all I want to see. I’d rather lose but giving it a fkin go that get our arses kicked for 70 mins then feel like we need to start working.
I’m a big warnock fan but I’d rather see us having more attacking flavour in first hour

we all knew at the getgo how this season was going to go surely ?...hope to get 6 or 7 home wins and PINCH some points away...probably against teams around us..
personally i would prefer to still have some chance on 80 mins { which has been the case in the majority of games } to no chance at all and be stood there amongst an ever decreasing away crowd at 3/4/5 nil down..trying to frustrate and restrict is actually giving it a go because nil- nil at any of the 7 grounds we have lost would have been a great result..and not just for us either...

the 7 clubs we have lost to away have played 60 home games between them this season and had no defeats to any bottom 7 club....1 draw

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:05 pm

I think this is a frustrates reaction to saturday everybody realised we where not at the races 3 0 down with ten mins to go and threw caution to the wind then, and got the 2 goals i know we have been in a lot of games close to the end but i think we need to pick games away from home where they are worth going for it, and some keep it tight.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Although the players are giving their all and trying their best it seems from the away games played so far that we do not have the quality or ability to play a tight game.

Whether we'd have more success playing in a more attacking style away from home we just don't know because we haven't taken that approach in any away game so far.

If we try to play in a different way we could get hammered or we could get a surprise result or two but we won't know whilst we persist with an approach that plainly isn't working at the moment.

When we go away to Fulham are we going to play in the same way or should we be trying to win the game? Should we take the game to them or keep it tight for 80 minutes and hope to nick a goal at the end of the match?

Let's try something different - if it doesn't work fair enough but can it really be any worse as far as getting points away from home is concerned than it is now?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Measured balance approach is the plan. It's not fifa, lol.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:37 pm

montyblue wrote:I think this is a frustrates reaction to saturday everybody realised we where not at the races 3 0 down with ten mins to go and threw caution to the wind then, and got the 2 goals i know we have been in a lot of games close to the end but i think we need to pick games away from home where they are worth going for it, and some keep it tight.

well I find some of these posts frustrating as I appreciate how determined and disciplined our players have been...
yes lost 7, but how important would just 1 extra point be..? because the big picture is just that, a point somewhere people might not expect us to get one..and the reverse, how damaging might a few hammerings be ,not just to GD but to moral..1 goal down at Bournemouth, Chelsea and Liverpool he changed it up and we conceded goals..seems pretty obvious to me had we played 90mins as we did the last 10 those games could well have been done after 15 minutes.

I just want to stay up, by 1 point or 1 goal and so far we are doing better than anyone that does not support our club predicted and we might just do it but while those that predicted catastrophe are now doubting their predictions it seems its not enough for some of our own fans..?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Surely someone has to be looking at this slow, lacklustre way we start games... Its ok NW saying we wanted to be in with a shout with 30 to go - well get at them FFS stop waiting until we are down.

Our style of football does not suit the premier league. There I was slagging people/pundits off for saying this, but it's true.
We need quick pacy players with ability and skill to compete.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:06 am

RYANBLUE wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah they certainly do !

I’m a big warnock fan but I’d rather see us having more attacking flavour in first hour[/quote

Sir Neil isn't stupid , so what he says publicly isn't going to give away his tactics. I know exactly what he's doing ,and trust me so does he. There's a very good reason for the way he's going about things and it's getting him - and us - the best possible chance of points. In theory , to be honest, we can't compete in a few vital areas with the players we've got and, without a bit of very clever jiggery pokery we wouldn't be holding up half as well as we are.
I very much doubt that any other manager today would be doing as well with these rescources, the object being to keep us in touch till the window . Again, he's said stuff about not being fussed about reinforcements , but I don't think he means that either.
Look, if you're getting away with tricks like this it isn't going to work every time, but so far it's working well enough to keep us in touch and if there's a time to open up a bit, this isn't it. If we can get a few players and they fit in, that time may come this season but still not in the all action Copa Cabana style you seem to envisage.

What's that line in the movie - "don't come to a gunfight with a knife "

Saying all that, I appreciate your constructive engagement and, much as I might seem to be rubbishing your comments, I don't mean to be rude or dismissive . This is exactly the sort of conversation people should be having here.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:24 am

I reckon we should go out and sign Messi and Bale then. Simples.