Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ TWO CARDIFF CITY FIXTURES MOVED “

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:05 pm

The kick-off times of Cardiff City's Premier League home fixtures against AFC Bournemouth and Watford have been changed.

The Bluebirds' home clash with AFC Bournemouth will now kick off at 5:30pm on Saturday 2nd February 2019 (originally scheduled for 3pm on the same day).

Meanwhile, the visit of Watford to CCS has been moved to 7:45pm on Friday 22nd February 2019 (originally scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 23rd February).

New fixture dates & times:

Cardiff City vs. AFC Bournemouth: Saturday 2nd February (5:30pm) - to be broadcast live on BT Sport

Cardiff City vs. Watford: Friday 22nd February (7:45pm)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ TWO CARDIFF CITY FIXTURES MOVED “

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Good job Bournemouth home was not moved to the Sunday as my flight back is 6am on the Sunday, due to Sky/BT, I can't book far ahead for City games.

Who would of thought Cardiff v Bournemouth would be Live on TV.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :bluebird:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Great another home game i now cannot attend due to being on a stupid night and live on tv.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Shocking again from sky watford fans trying to get to a game on a working week day for an 7.45pm kick off ok if your not to far away fair enough but what public transport is available after that game sky just not thinking about fans even bournmouth is a bit of a jaunt for an evening fixture the watford game for me is tight on a working day to get to cardiff with a 3 hour journey for a 7.45 kick off

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:37 pm

its too many

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Watford game clashed with sell out Wales v England rugby game,no contest so wise to move it with or without Sky money!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Funny how we do not get any away games on sky..

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:44 pm

montyblue wrote:Shocking again from sky watford fans trying to get to a game on a working week day for an 7.45pm kick off ok if your not to far away fair enough but what public transport is available after that game sky just not thinking about fans even bournmouth is a bit of a jaunt for an evening fixture the watford game for me is tight on a working day to get to cardiff with a 3 hour journey for a 7.45 kick off

I know people love blaming the TV companies (even though they’re the ones who have helped to make the Premier League arguably the best in the world because of their money), but...

Watford game is not on TV. It’s been moved to avoid the Wales v England match in the Six Nations. Couldn’t move it to Sunday because both clubs have midweek the fixtures the following week and there was no need to disrupt two matchdays because of this.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:54 pm

At least it's half term for us when Watford is on. So me and the lad can make that one. Gutted to have missed Wolves. Looked awesome under the lights.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 pm

That damn game on the 2nd is causing me all sorts of problems, given it’s my son’s 3rd birthday...

Evening kick off might have helped... find out soon!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
montyblue wrote:Shocking again from sky watford fans trying to get to a game on a working week day for an 7.45pm kick off ok if your not to far away fair enough but what public transport is available after that game sky just not thinking about fans even bournmouth is a bit of a jaunt for an evening fixture the watford game for me is tight on a working day to get to cardiff with a 3 hour journey for a 7.45 kick off

I know people love blaming the TV companies (even though they’re the ones who have helped to make the Premier League arguably the best in the world because of their money), but...

Watford game is not on TV. It’s been moved to avoid the Wales v England match in the Six Nations. Couldn’t move it to Sunday because both clubs have midweek the fixtures the following week and there was no need to disrupt two matchdays because of this.

the Wales v England fixture was announced today..?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Another two I'll miss, I do understand the Watford one. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't renewed my season ticket tbh.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Another two I'll miss, I do understand the Watford one. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't renewed my season ticket tbh.

I don't, the rugby kicks off at 4.45..and whats wrong with having 2 events on in the city..?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 pm

dogfound wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:Another two I'll miss, I do understand the Watford one. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't renewed my season ticket tbh.

I don't, the rugby kicks off at 4.45..and whats wrong with having 2 events on in the city..?

Because the rugger morons cannot behave and there will be in excess of 100k fans in centre .. fri night suited both city and Watford they've got games following tues/wed :thumbup:
Plus how can Watford fans get to Cardiff with twikers rabel coming down m4 at same time?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:45 pm

The rugby take over the "council" car parks and rip people off the one game that clashed with us and the rugby, the scotland game they tried charging £15 for the car park for the day by the bowling green along the river oppsite the egg stadium f.ck off how they are allowed i don't know its a council car park and closing roads off why can' t they cross the rd nobody closses the rd off when i am walking around cardiff p.ss.dd use the pavements.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:38 am

Why is every time our game gets moved its a home game?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:29 am

Accept it....stop moaning......get there and support our Bluebirds at whatever time/day :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Moan....moan....moan :laughing6:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am

Scared of the dark?? Man up and get there. We have to come from Brecon and get to every home game by moving other stuff. Just man up :banghead:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:17 am

Bananas wrote:

Scared of the dark?? Man up and get there. We have to come from Brecon and get to every home game by moving other stuff. Just man up :banghead:

I travel from Yeovil and the bloke who sits behind me travels from Gloucester. I'm sure there's plenty of fans that go to more home games from further away than me but I'm not going to criticise anyone who lives closer who struggles to make daft kick off times.

I wasn't going to the Watford game anyway due to other plans but I feel better about it being on a Friday as that makes it more excusable :lol:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:33 am

Bananas wrote:

Bully for you, various things are going on which mean I can't now make these games. I'll give my tickets away to a mate of mine.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Bully for you, various things are going on which mean I can't now make these games. I'll give my tickets away to a mate of mine.

Oh the commitment to supporting your club...... :roll:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 am

Bananas wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Oh the commitment to supporting your club...... :roll:

I don't have any, it's just a very small part of my interesting and varied life.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Result. I was out for the Cardiff plus the Welsh Rugby on same day, now 2 nights on the lash. happy Days :occasion5: :occasion5:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:16 pm

If we were due to play one of the top 6 club on the 23rd Feb it would have gone ahead that day.

The likes of Liverpool and man City won't agree to put a game back 24 hours just cos there's some stupid sport being played nearby.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 pm

murphy wrote:If we were due to play one of the top 6 club on the 23rd Feb it would have gone ahead that day.

The likes of Liverpool and man City won't agree to put a game back 24 hours just cos there's some stupid sport being played nearby.

They do not have a choice the police have ultimate authority to move or even cancel games if required! And if it was big 6 team it's even more likely to be moved ...... :thumbup:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
murphy wrote:If we were due to play one of the top 6 club on the 23rd Feb it would have gone ahead that day.

They do not have a choice the police have ultimate authority to move or even cancel games if required! And if it was big 6 team it's even more likely to be moved ...... :thumbup:

In 2005, them stupid pricks in the millenium stadium won the 6 nations on home soil. There was 100s of 1000s in Cardiff that day and guess what? We were also home to Crewe that day.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:31 pm

murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

In 2005, them stupid pricks in the millenium stadium won the 6 nations on home soil. There was 100s of 1000s in Cardiff that day and guess what? We were also home to Crewe that day.

Crewe!! What was crowd 7k? compared to around 30k this game, and like I said what chance of Watford fans and Cardiff fans for that matter arriving in time alongside many thousands of rugby fans (No hope & bob hope ) are their chances... like said police have ultimate authority and they are using it for this game which is understandable despite the inconvenience to some fans., but then some fans gained from switch certainly city have as get 2 extra days prepare for Tues game. :thumbup:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Crewe!! What was crowd 7k? compared to around 30k this game, and like I said what chance of Watford fans and Cardiff fans for that matter arriving in time alongside many thousands of rugby fans (No hope & bob hope ) are their chances... like said police have ultimate authority and they are using it for this game which is understandable despite the inconvenience to some fans., but then some fans gained from switch certainly city have as get 2 extra days prepare for Tues game. :thumbup:

As watford fans said on their forum, if they're club refused to put the game back a day it wouldn't have happened.

The police are just looking to make their job easier.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 pm

murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
murphy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

As watford fans said on their forum, if they're club refused to put the game back a day it wouldn't have happened.

The police are just looking to make their job easier.

No a club cannot override police if police say cannot play that day you cannot do so! clubs need certificate to play games if police say no that's it can appeal ect but wont succeed, but like you say police looking for easy day Besides fans are last in being asked about games switching.... Watford more than happy to change as like city they get 2 extra days rest..