Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK HAS BEEN ASKED “

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 pm

The Football Association has asked Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock to explain his post-match statements at Watford on Saturday.

7BCAFE5C-E74C-46A7-B619-05C912F21161.jpeg

BBC

Monday 17th Dec 2018

The Football Association has asked Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock to explain his post-match statements at Watford on Saturday.

Warnock called referee Andy Madley "a trainee" following Cardiff's 3-2 defeat at Vicarage Road.

The 35-year-old took charge of his first top-flight game this season having made his Premier League debut in March.

Warnock felt Madley should have sent off Watford's Troy Deeney.

Madley, who has predominantly refereed in the Championship this season, has more than 100 Football League and FA Cup games to his name.

"I cannot understand why we had Andre Marriner as the fourth official, and a referee who has not refereed a game all season [as the ref]," Warnock told BBC Sport.

"Unless it's because we are Cardiff and they say we can have a trainee or somebody?"

Deeney collided with goalkeeper Neil Etheridge while sliding for the ball in the second half.

"Troy should have been booked," said Warnock.

"I don't understand why we have to be the experimental side. Is it because they feel sorry for us? Or feel we are not important?

"You cannot tell me Marriner would not have give Deeney a card of some sort. It was a terrible tackle.

"We do not queue up and surround the referee. It upsets me when I see other teams get away with things.

"[Deeney] could have pulled out early doors or not put his studs up. It warranted a card.

"I am disappointed to have an inexperienced referee. At least it gives him practice and is great for his assessors."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK HAS BEEN ASKED “

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm

His comments are self explanatory - can't fathom what needs explaining!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Pretty self explanatory. And he has a point. Would they have given that referee a top 4 clash? I very much doubt it.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm

His comments were out of order & below the belt. It was a yellow but that didn’t have any bearing on the result. No, Madley wouldn’t have a top 4 game yet but let’s be brutally honest & pragmatic Watford v Cardiff is the type of game a newly promoted ref will get to enable them to develop. Chris Cavanagh has done the same over last season and done well enough to have been appointed up the recent Merseyside Derby. Let’s not get too precious about it gents

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Gary lineaker on motd came up with the usaul fly comment directed at neil, well the ref has to start sometime with his usual smerk.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 pm

caegarwblue wrote:His comments were out of order & below the belt. It was a yellow but that didn’t have any bearing on the result. No, Madley wouldn’t have a top 4 game yet but let’s be brutally honest & pragmatic Watford v Cardiff is the type of game a newly promoted ref will get to enable them to develop. Chris Cavanagh has done the same over last season and done well enough to have been appointed up the recent Merseyside Derby. Let’s not get too precious about it gents

No, they were deliberately deflective with a touch of reality in true Warnock style, i.e. the guy should have been given a 'safe' mid-table game rather than one with such depth for at least one of the teams involved

Just consider that the first goal would not have occurred had the referee given the clear foul on Murphy moments before and you can see where he was coming from, whether it be Andy Madley or Andre Marriner

Game over, Warnock will take his rollocking and we move on! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Unfortunatly i think Waenock is wrong on this one.

Everybody has to start somewhere and in all honesty the referee didnt have a bad game. Plus he was backed up by a very experianced 4th official.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 pm

I thought he was poor throughout to be honest. Didn’t have bearing on with the result in fairness but the Deeney incident is a stick on caution.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:08 pm

I think the pure fact it's being discussed shows that it was a mistake on the FA's part. Refereeing with NW on the touchline is never easy! He's lucky it was a relatively incident free game. But the one that did occur he blatantly got wrong!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:12 pm

It's embarrassing when the FA have to take some sort of action or even speak to managers because they made comments about the ref after a match, it's actually pathetic.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 am

I hate all this you can’t criticise the ref bollocks. That standard of referring in Britiain is absolutely shocking and the whole system needs to be looked at and completely revamped. Also I believe the refs should be made to do a press conference after the games to explain their decisions.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:22 am

There has to be laws where the manager can’t come out and say what he likes about the ref in the media post game otherwise it undermines the referees and shows no respect which results in things getting a lot worse.
What Warnock said seems pretty tame but you have to draw the line.
Nothing wrong with the ref officiating a Cardiff v Watford game IMO.

The standard of refereeing in this country is as good as anywhere in the world.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 am

Whatever ref we had we would have lost that game,out played.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Love how people jump the boat on these type of things, 'it would have had no baring on the result' and all that.. it's nothing to do with that it's the common sense of being a ref and an incident that endangered one of our best performers this season that could have been out for a long time.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm

PtB wrote:I thought he was poor throughout to be honest. Didn’t have bearing on with the result in fairness but the Deeney incident is a stick on caution.

So was Arter’s challenge earlier in the game.

I thought the ref did well.

Only moaning because he wasn’t leaning our way like the previous refs have done.