' Watford fans fuming about Cardiff game '

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 am

Watford fans react to Cardiff fixture date change

HITC

Tuesday 18th December 2018

Peter Welling
@petej91
Replying to @WatfordFC
Why does the club agree with switches like this? So what about rugby. Disgraceful. #watfordfc

The Six Nations clash between Wales and England is the main reason for the Premier League fixture move, but some fans of the Hornets are not happy.

Jose Holebas of Watford during the Premier League match between Watford FC and Cardiff City at Vicarage Road on December 15, 2018 in Watford, United Kingdom.

Watford have announced on their official website that their Premier League fixture away at Cardiff City has been rescheduled.

The original fixture was due to take place on Saturday, February 23 - the same day as Wales' Six Nations encounter with England at the Principality Stadium.

According to the Hornets' statement, the game will now take place on Friday, February 22, with a 7:45pm kickoff.

In addition, Watford say the decision was taken following consultation with South Wales Police, with both clubs involved in the fixture in full agreement with the move.

However, some Hornets fans were not particularly happy with the decision and took to Twitter to make their feelings known:

WATFORD FANS
Link
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/17/w ... te-change/

Both clubs have league action the following midweek, with Watford travelling to Anfield to face Liverpool on Wednesday, February 27 and Cardiff hosting Everton a day earlier.

Due to this, the move to Friday evening instead of Sunday afternoon ensures that both teams have plenty of time to prepare for these matches.

Watford and Cardiff only faced off last Saturday, with Javi Gracia's charges running out 3-2 winners at Vicarage Road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Watford fans fuming about Cardiff game '

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:07 am

I can see why they're annoyed to be honest. You wouldn't think this city help the Champions League Final just a year and a half ago. Add to that the Rugby world cup, Olympic events, massive Concerts etc you'd think the city would be able to cope with this, they did earlier in the season with us playing Leicester and Wales v Scotland kicking off 15mins apart.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:09 am

Rugby should have no influence over the prem fixtures what so ever, it's a disgrace and I'm embarrassed. Watford fans are spot on.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 am

Dahboy wrote:Rugby should have no influence over the prem fixtures what so ever, it's a disgrace and I'm embarrassed. Watford fans are spot on.

Top post from my favourite poster :ayatollah: :wave: :laughing6:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Well they would be in meltdown come sat eve after they've missed 1st half trying to go down m4 with rugger fans at same time? Can you imaging the chaos and 10 mile traffic jam outside Newport! :old:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Bananas wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Rugby should have no influence over the prem fixtures what so ever, it's a disgrace and I'm embarrassed. Watford fans are spot on.

Top post from my favourite poster :ayatollah: :wave: :laughing6:

Sorry forgot you love the egg Mr jack.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:49 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 pm

We all know that police got hands full with all those chariots swinging low down st Mary's street! :laughing6:
But what would their fans reaction be when miss 45mins of the game because stuck outside Newport on m4? :mrgreen: people argue about previous times where 2 games been played together but seriously this is wales england completely different kettle of fish! :old: