Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Man Utd manager sacked / ex-Cardiff man to replace him

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 pm

gungne wrote:
dogfound wrote:let me guess
a Norweigan OGS fan that's been trapped in a lemon vat for 4 years.?

Let me guess..
0-5 saturday?

waited 4 years and that's your best.?
best bet go drop a couple of valium

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:18 am

Solskjaer will be out of his depth again. Has everybody forgotten how our players apparently went to the chairman because his training was wank and they were so unfit.

Can you not remember how we used to play about 7 different formations a game because he couldn’t make up his mind.

He’s the worst person they could of chosen he’ll be on snap chat with pogba and Lingard dabbing like six year olds.

Re: Olly for Manchester United - Are they NUTS !!!

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 am

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:According to many sources , Manchester United are seriously considering Olly to replace Mourhinio.
What is it - his experience in taking the helm of a premiership team which is reeling from the loss of its manager , or his straightforward and brave,if suicidal, commitment to total attacking football ?

I'm wondering whether someone in the personnel department at Old Trafford has got a huge bet at long odds for Manchester United to get relegated . Maybe they misunderstood when he said he'd get them into the championship next season, thinking he meant the Champions League.

Can't wait to see how much he will spend on totally naff players in the transfer window

Man Utd relegated is this the third leg of a treble having already predicted Trump and Brexit ?

No, that was what we call Hyperbole. Big word I know, and nothing to do with discount stores in fact. If you're interested the " third leg" of that was Donald Trumps nomination by the GOP which of course preceded the other two and would more correctly be called the first leg I suppose .

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:19 am

Come on Ole you can drag them even further down the league. I hope.

Re: UPDATED: Man Utd manager sacked / Ole Solskjaer new mana

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:51 am

UPDATED:

19/12/18

Manchester United website gaffe appears to confirm ex-Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as new manager

Cardiff City manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and 'Fred The Red' before the Barclays Premier League match at Old Trafford
Former Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appears to have been confirmed as Manchester United's interim manager after a website gaffe.

Solskjaer, a United favourite, has been widely reported as the man replacing Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford on an interim basis until the end of the season.

At which point, it is said the club will take stock and assess their options ahead of the summer. An announcement is expected in the next 48 hours or sooner.

But it appears the club's official website has gone early.

A video appeared on the site under the title 'The most famous night of Ole's career' and linking to a video package of United's famous 1999 Champions League victory.

Under the caption, it read: "Solskjaer becomes our interim manager, 20 seasons after clinching the Treble with THAT goal at Camp Nou."

A link to the page and a screengrab were widely shared on social media before the page was taken down from the website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am

Bluesman wrote:Come on Ole you can drag them even further down the league. I hope.

Although Ole is shit, I think Pigba and the rest of the players will start to play, just to try and say it was Mourinho's fault, so unfortunately, we will see an improvement.

Player power is part of the game these days, it's getting harder for Managers to give them a kick up the arse, and easier for players to get the Manager sacked.

Re: Olly for Manchester United - Are they NUTS !!!

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:16 am

RV Casual wrote:They clearly are 'nuts' by virtue of the fact they can't see the bigger picture and the problem lies in Woodward and to an extent certain elements of the playing staff.

Say what you like about Mourinho the fact is Man Utd were on the slide, they had slipped out of the Champions League under Moyes and slipped back out again under Can Gaal.

In his first season Mourinho won 3 trophys and back into the Champions League, in his second season 2nd place and their highest finish since Ferguson left.

They are not having the best of times but are still in 2 cups and theres a hell of a long way to go, he had earned the right to be given the rest of the season to see what he could do, think its a really shit decision from the Mancs, not sure who they think they are going to get to compete any better.

Pochetino and Klopp have won nothing and are like gods for some reason, bizzare.

Agree with the first part of your post but not the second.
Mourinho had to go and go now IMO. There’s a complete breakdown with the manager and the club. The club being the players, the hierarchy and the fans. When players won’t play and you can’t motivate them then you’ve lost the dressing room. He walks around like the most miserable sod in the world and I wonder what impression that gave the players.
When the fans want you gone then there’s only one winner eventually.

I don’t think it’s bizzare that Klopp & Potchetino are loved at their respective clubs at all.
They run their clubs superbly, play fantastic entertaining and attacking football and both clubs are on the up.

Re: UPDATED: Man Utd manager sacked / Ole Solskjaer new mana

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

Manchester United manager news: live - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed as caretaker manager until end of season

Re: Breaking: Ole Gunnar Solskjær Confirmed as Manager

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:46 am

Thing is, Pogba and OGS have a really good realationship and Pogba trained under Ole during his stint as junior coach. With the backing of board, fans, players and Fergie, this could actually be a very smart move nd the turnaround Manu need.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am

bluetooth wrote:Thing is, Pogba and OGS have a really good realationship and Pogba trained under Ole during his stint as junior coach. With the backing of board, fans, players and Fergie, this could actually be a very smart move nd the turnaround Manu need.

Not a chance.

Terrible terrible manager.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am

THE RETURN - A manager who nearly put us in further trouble by relegation to League 1. A Manager Who Can't Cut The Premier League Or The Championship. Hopefully he can help Cardiff out by letting us grab 3 points against united on saturday. i wonder if he will bring in eikrem and dhaeli :lol:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am

I can't believe this is true, it's comical - lovely guy but one of the worst managers we have ever had! Even Slade was better than Ole...

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 am

SOLSKJAER UPDATE

19/12/18

Sky Sports News understands the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not yet in the country and he is due to arrive and take training for the first time tomorrow

He is likely to speak to the press for the first time on Friday ahead of Man Utd's trip to Cardiff to Saturday.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 pm

I am genuinely surprised at this appointment; in fact, I'm gobsmacked! :shock:

I can only assume Ed Woodward and the ManUre hierarchy need a rest from competitive football and have chosen a puppet they can control until the summer recess!

Now wait for the pre-game "ManUre is in my blood" and "I enjoyed my time at Cardiff City" platitudes ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Sven wrote:I am genuinely surprised at this appointment; in fact, I'm gobsmacked! :shock:

I can only assume Ed Woodward and the ManUre hierarchy need a rest from competitive football and have chosen a puppet they can control until the summer recess!

Now wait for the pre-game "ManUre is I my blood" and "I enjoyed my time at Cardiff City" platitudes ;) :ayatollah:

Think most people are surprised. But I see most pundits don’t judge him much from his time at Cardiff. They recognize the chaos at the time. Strange fans close to the club don’t see this. And I mean, what happened to players like Much, Caulker, Campbell or Turner to name a few. Pretty shure this is a Sir Alex recommendation, and his relationship with Pogba and others. Will be interesting to see what happens, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t appreciate his time with either Cardiff or Tan. But a good lesson I guess.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Ole was really up and down with his tactics here, I remember we played some of the best football at the CCS against Norwich and ended up losing 4-2.

Seen a lot of comments on here and social media that he screwed us over which he did play a part but I think Malky left us in more of mess in terms of financial in the first place.. it was quite obvious we gonna make some money in transfer fees when we went down but he was only spending what he brought back in which got us two of our best defenders we had in years so can't argue with that.. a lot of players he brought in were free signings but just came with a bit of wage maybe more than they deserved.

I think as a manager/coach when it came to the whole control of the squad, tactics and line ups he tinkered a lot and I don't think he got across his style here and I think he took a run and jump coming here too early but to see comments of the financial side is a bit laughable considering we brought in more than we spent in the summer he had when he went down where Malky blew 50 million and didn't bring a single penny in for us.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Well as he was utter s##t with us,it's written in the stars they will beat us on Saturday. Then we have them away the last game of the season,could he relegate us twice ?
That will be typical of our luck,I just hope OGS is the same Tinkerman that managed us.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:42 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Ole was really up and down with his tactics here, I remember we played some of the best football at the CCS against Norwich and ended up losing 4-2.

Seen a lot of comments on here and social media that he screwed us over which he did play a part but I think Malky left us in more of mess in terms of financial in the first place.. it was quite obvious we gonna make some money in transfer fees when we went down but he was only spending what he brought back in which got us two of our best defenders we had in years so can't argue with that.. a lot of players he brought in were free signings but just came with a bit of wage maybe more than they deserved.

I think as a manager/coach when it came to the whole control of the squad, tactics and line ups he tinkered a lot and I don't think he got across his style here and I think he took a run and jump coming here too early but to see comments of the financial side is a bit laughable considering we brought in more than we spent in the summer he had when he went down where Malky blew 50 million and didn't bring a single penny in for us.

First of all we beat Norwich under Ole 2-1 at the Cardiff City stadium.
Second, Malky never left us in a finacial mess, in fact it was due to Malky all the money came in from Sky etc.
Ole was the one who brought in about 20-30 players on mega money and we got relegated under, all facts.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Sven wrote:I am genuinely surprised at this appointment; in fact, I'm gobsmacked! :shock:

Now wait for the pre-game "ManUre is I my blood" and "I enjoyed my time at Cardiff City" platitudes ;) :ayatollah:

its a safe appointment until the end of the season,they can not realistically go down or make champions league, he is Man Utd through and through and their fans love him. from his point of view its a free roll of the dice at getting his dream job.

its pretty clear our fans do not rate him but the situations are miles apart..and its possibly a mistake to judge any manager on a short stint at a club that at the time was already a car crash. had our board judged NW on his time at Bury or Oldham he would not be our manager.?

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Ole was really up and down with his tactics here, I remember we played some of the best football at the CCS against Norwich and ended up losing 4-2.

First of all we beat Norwich under Ole 2-1 at the Cardiff City stadium.
Second, Malky never left us in a finacial mess, in fact it was due to Malky all the money came in from Sky etc.
Ole was the one who brought in about 20-30 players on mega money and we got relegated under, all facts.

Wasn't referring to the game in the Prem Annis, was referring to the game in the Championship. :ayatollah:

Everyone contributes in some sort of the way Annis but Malky started it, Ole did have his role in it but I don't see why back then that we use the TV deals and all that when we get promoted as some sort of shield that he could go and blown that sort of money when that money was saved in order to keep the club afloat and to clear any sort of debt we had too.. a lot of Ole's signings were on a free with questionable wages where Malky's signings were big fees and big wages.

I am not in any way saying Ole was good for us I think it was bad timing and just inexperience because no matter what manager came in they was all going to be scapegoat because of the massive love in with MM, only thing you can praise Ole on in his time here is he didn't roll over for VT like Malky and Slade did and did fight for some sort of control in the football side of things here.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Just think the comments I have seen are OTT about Ole like people more or less suggesting we was in some sort of brilliant position before he came in when the club was in a mess the minute we turned red. We was spiralling out of control long before he came in.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 pm

15 permanent players came in and 14 left yet people love to bang on about him signing 30

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Come on Ole you can drag them even further down the league. I hope.

Although Ole is shit, I think Pigba and the rest of the players will start to play, just to try and say it was Mourinho's fault, so unfortunately, we will see an improvement.

Player power is part of the game these days, it's getting harder for Managers to give them a kick up the arse, and easier for players to get the Manager sacked.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Ole's naivety and insane faith in total attack could temporarily combine with the euphoria of the treacherous players at getting the manager sacked to cause us a massive problem .
If they were an average team then it'd help us, but these particular back stabbers happen to be world class players so they have the ability to celebrate at our expense, and I doubt whether we have the ability to exploit the holes they'll leave like some bigger teams would.

The overal recipe for them is a toxic one - a manager without much authority plus players who don't think they have to do what they're told by anyone and automatically deserve selection- but that won't necessarily help us if there's an initial burst of energy and enthusiasm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Just think the comments I have seen are OTT about Ole like people more or less suggesting we was in some sort of brilliant position before he came in when the club was in a mess the minute we turned red. We was spiralling out of control long before he came in.

Totally agree.

He could quite easily have the same effect as Di Matteo did at Chelsea for that short time.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 pm

I was lucky enough to meet Ole a few times while he was our manager.

He is one of the most down to earth, friendly and genuine people you will ever meet. A really nice person.

But it is impossible to make a case for him as a good manager, based on his time with us.

Will be interesting to see how Saturday goes now, I suspect the Man Utd players will play for him.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluetooth wrote:Thing is, Pogba and OGS have a really good realationship and Pogba trained under Ole during his stint as junior coach. With the backing of board, fans, players and Fergie, this could actually be a very smart move nd the turnaround Manu need.

Not a chance.

Terrible terrible manager.

Terrible Manager, but he has Phelan with him who is experienced and liked at Manu, Pogba and co will have no excuses now and will play their best and improve despite him. He doesn't need to sign anyone, just babysit the squad until they get a decent Manager like Di Matteo did at Chelsea when they won the FA Cup and Champions league.

It will be a tough game Saturday now !!!

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:14 pm

On a different note...……...interesting that the self-acclaimed Biggest Club in the World made such a basic error in announcing this and then pulling the news because they were likely to breach Stock Exchange rules. Just shows how planet football works in a universe of its own. All kinds of staff at Man U getting paid a fortune and they open themselves up to serious penalties.

Back to topic, I am surprised. Can only be explained by the Board wanting to bring niceness, attacking football and emotion to Old Trafford. Will win back fans and media. I think it shows the Board are content to have a season where they finish 6-8th, don't qualify for the CL and have a year next season with a new full time big manager in and no distractions in Europe. They just thought it better to sack Jose now than in May and use the extra time to rebuild. Big risks though.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:32 pm

RadnorRoad wrote:On a different note...……...interesting that the self-acclaimed Biggest Club in the World made such a basic error in announcing this and then pulling the news because they were likely to breach Stock Exchange rules. Just shows how planet football works in a universe of its own. All kinds of staff at Man U getting paid a fortune and they open themselves up to serious penalties.

Back to topic, I am surprised. Can only be explained by the Board wanting to bring niceness, attacking football and emotion to Old Trafford. Will win back fans and media. I think it shows the Board are content to have a season where they finish 6-8th, don't qualify for the CL and have a year next season with a new full time big manager in and no distractions in Europe. They just thought it better to sack Jose now than in May and use the extra time to rebuild. Big risks though.

Looking at Sky Sports News, it's going to be a total change higher up and a director if football, so yes he's just there to be nice and keep them ticking over until they decide.

There is a good chance that Pogba and some of the other top players could be moved on in the summer also. It's going to be an interesting end to the season and start to the next.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I was lucky enough to meet Ole a few times while he was our manager.

He is one of the most down to earth, friendly and genuine people you will ever meet. A really nice person.

But it is impossible to make a case for him as a good manager, based on his time with us.

Will be interesting to see how Saturday goes now, I suspect the Man Utd players will play for him.

Spot on Ned :thumbright: :bluebird:

I also met Ole, many many times and I feel exactly the same way.