Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sky Sports Breaking:‘ Jose sacked just before Cardiff ga

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:29 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Starting to look like it will be Ole until the end of the season.

:laughing6:

Ole Gunnar - being heavily linked to Man Utd job

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Heard on the radio and now BBC is linking to it https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46607200 OGS being tipped for the Man U job........ pressure was always mounting on Maurinio and it was painting a very bad picture - I half fancied our chances before this news

OGS In time for Saturday maybe ? - should be interesting

Re: Ole Gunnar - being heavily linked to Man Utd job

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:02 pm

They cannot be serious :-) he was shocking here , as bad as any manager we have had.

FORMER CARDIFF MANAGER SET FOR MAN UTD JOB

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Manchester United to appoint Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as caretaker boss ahead of Cardiff City clash - reports
By Ian Mitchelmore

The Norwegian could be back at Cardiff City Stadium very soon

Manchester United are set to appoint former Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their caretaker manager ahead of the Red Devlis' clash with the Bluebirds this weekend, according to reports.

United axed Jose Mourinho on Tuesday morning following what has been their worst ever start to a Premier League season, with the Red Devils' 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday proving to be the final straw for the top brass at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils are currently 11 points adrift of the top four and trail Premier League leaders Liverpool by 19 points ahead of their clash with Cardiff this weekend.

Following confirmation of the Portuguese manager's departure, United confirmed that they would appoint a caretaker manager until the end of the campaign while searching for candidates to take charge of the club on a full-time basis next summer.

A club statement read: "Manchester United announces that manager Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect.

"The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.

"A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager."

And several national media outlets have reported that Manchester United icon Solskjaer - who managed Cardiff between January and September in 2014 - will oversee the rest of the Red Devils' matches in the 2018/19 campaign.

If appointed, his first game in charge of the club at which he spent 11 years as a player would be against the Bluebirds at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday evening.

Solskjaer won nine of his 30 matches in all competitions during his tenure with the Bluebirds, giving him a win percentage of 30%, although four of those victories came in cup competitions.

The 45-year-old won six Premier League titles, two FA Cups, two Community Shields, a Champions League and an Intercontinental Cup during his playing career with Manchester United.

He took charge of the club's reserve side in 2008 before spending three years with Molde prior to being named as Malky Mackay's successor in the Welsh capital.

Following his sacking by Cardiff just eight months after he arrived at the club, Solskjaer briefly worked at the youth side of Clausenengen before returning to Molde.

He won two league titles and the Norwegian Football Cup during his first stint in charge of Molde but failed to land any silverware in his second spell with the club.

Neil Warnock's men end the 2018/19 Premier League campaign against United at Old Trafford on Sunday, May 12.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Man U /ole !

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Please god let it be true!!! :lol: Would probably play Lukaku on the wing

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm

fred keenor wrote:They cannot be serious :-) he was shocking here , as bad as any manager we have had.

Yes it would be brilliant news if in before Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
fred keenor wrote:They cannot be serious :-) he was shocking here , as bad as any manager we have had.

Yes it would be brilliant news if in before Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please let the Clueless Clown return for Saturday,but leave Pogba out ;)

Re: ‘ Man Utd manager sacked / ex-Cardiff man to replace him

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Man Utd players are expecting to be told tonight that OGS has been placed in interim charge until the end of the season.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:08 pm

I hope Ole won’t be in charge on Saturday, he’s popular with players and remember he won his first game with us, Newcastle away in FA Cup. Will do a good job in short term getting stropy players to play for club again!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:18 pm

I think OGS will be fine at old Trafford. With the quality at old Trafford he will be fine.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:21 pm

They will get relegated if he goes there hahaha

All considered (particularly funds) worst manager I've ever seen at Cardiff.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think OGS will be fine at old Trafford. With the quality at old Trafford he will be fine.

we will see, its a totally different situation to when he came here that's for sure..

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Give it to Olly, he likes open attacking football.

Worked great for us didn't it

Olly for Manchester United - Are they NUTS !!!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 pm

According to many sources , Manchester United are seriously considering Olly to replace Mourhinio.
What is it - his experience in taking the helm of a premiership team which is reeling from the loss of its manager , or his straightforward and brave,if suicidal, commitment to total attacking football ?

I'm wondering whether someone in the personnel department at Old Trafford has got a huge bet at long odds for Manchester United to get relegated . Maybe they misunderstood when he said he'd get them into the championship next season, thinking he meant the Champions League.

Can't wait to see how much he will spend on totally naff players in the transfer window

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Manchester United have appointed a new manager
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202806

Re: Olly for Manchester United - Are they NUTS !!!

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm

It’s more to do with the years of success he had managing the reserves before going off to manage Molde

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Starting to look like it will be Ole until the end of the season.

Apparently he's all signed up :old:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:According to many sources , Manchester United are seriously considering Olly to replace Mourhinio.
What is it - his experience in taking the helm of a premiership team which is reeling from the loss of its manager , or his straightforward and brave,if suicidal, commitment to total attacking football ?

I'm wondering whether someone in the personnel department at Old Trafford has got a huge bet at long odds for Manchester United to get relegated . Maybe they misunderstood when he said he'd get them into the championship next season, thinking he meant the Champions League.

Can't wait to see how much he will spend on totally naff players in the transfer window

Man Utd relegated is this the third leg of a treble having already predicted Trump and Brexit ?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think OGS will be fine at old Trafford. With the quality at old Trafford he will be fine.

we will see, its a totally different situation to when he came here that's for sure..

Quite often you will see a manager fail at one club and succeed at another, for one reason or another he failed at City, wrong club and wrong time maybe.

I can see someone like him making an impact thought no doubt with Fergie overhead now he is at United.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Quite often you will see a manager fail at one club and succeed at another, for one reason or another he failed at City, wrong club and wrong time maybe.

I can see someone like him making an impact thought no doubt with Fergie overhead now he is at United.

its easy to poke sticks at him for our relegation and boy did he get some things wrong.but he took over a divided club on a run of 1 win { 6 points } from the previous 10 games playing in an alien colour having just sacked a popular manager .

i believe he was the wrong choice at that time but not sure anyone could have turned that form around it was actually worse than our form under Trollope..

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Please let this be true :old: :laughing6: :laughing6: One of the worst managers ever of our great club. Big name but really poor as a motivator and man manager. Drama queen Pogba will walk all over him. :laughing6:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:01 pm

^^^^= fair comment :bluebird:

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:14 pm

They clearly are 'nuts' by virtue of the fact they can't see the bigger picture and the problem lies in Woodward and to an extent certain elements of the playing staff.

Say what you like about Mourinho the fact is Man Utd were on the slide, they had slipped out of the Champions League under Moyes and slipped back out again under Can Gaal.

In his first season Mourinho won 3 trophys and back into the Champions League, in his second season 2nd place and their highest finish since Ferguson left.

They are not having the best of times but are still in 2 cups and theres a hell of a long way to go, he had earned the right to be given the rest of the season to see what he could do, think its a really shit decision from the Mancs, not sure who they think they are going to get to compete any better.

Pochetino and Klopp have won nothing and are like gods for some reason, bizzare.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:22 pm

I bet giggs is choking his chicken right now and good on him as long as he fucks off from rhe wales job i couldnt give a f**k

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:37 pm

neilst wrote:I bet giggs is choking his chicken right now and good on him as long as he fucks off from rhe wales job i couldnt give a f**k

You ok Hun?? :laughing6: pm me

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Bananas wrote:Please let this be true :old: :laughing6: :laughing6: One of the worst managers ever of our great club. Big name but really poor as a motivator and man manager. Drama queen Pogba will walk all over him. :laughing6:

United and Ole GS will walk all over Cardiff ;)

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:03 pm

gungne wrote:
Bananas wrote:Please let this be true :old: :laughing6: :laughing6: One of the worst managers ever of our great club. Big name but really poor as a motivator and man manager. Drama queen Pogba will walk all over him. :laughing6:

United and Ole GS will walk all over Cardiff ;)

let me guess
a Norweigan OGS fan that's been trapped in a lemon vat for 4 years.?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 pm

dogfound wrote:let me guess
a Norweigan OGS fan that's been trapped in a lemon vat for 4 years.?

Let me guess..
0-5 saturday?

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:They clearly are 'nuts' by virtue of the fact they can't see the bigger picture and the problem lies in Woodward and to an extent certain elements of the playing staff.

Say what you like about Mourinho the fact is Man Utd were on the slide, they had slipped out of the Champions League under Moyes and slipped back out again under Can Gaal.

In his first season Mourinho won 3 trophys and back into the Champions League, in his second season 2nd place and their highest finish since Ferguson left.

They are not having the best of times but are still in 2 cups and theres a hell of a long way to go, he had earned the right to be given the rest of the season to see what he could do, think its a really shit decision from the Mancs, not sure who they think they are going to get to compete any better.

Pochetino and Klopp have won nothing and are like gods for some reason, bizzare.

good post.

yes Woodward...towards the end of Fergies final season with him already talking about signings and pre season Woodward not even officially chief exec gave his no need of major re tooling interview..within a week Fergie announces retirement...although champions it was clear to many including AF it needed freshening up but not Ed