Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: Ole Gunnar Solskjær Confirmed as Manager

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Rookie Solskjaer with P.E.Teacher extraordinaire Russell Slade as his assistant- a dream team!

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

As a Norwegian I can only say that I'm shocked about this news, and Solskjaer did so many tactical mistakes both at this club and at Molde so I can't see him succeed , even if his heart is in Manchester United .

If Warnock plays his cards right I can see you get a point from this game, it's destiny waiting to happen .

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Ole actually made 17 signings for us and Morrison,Manga and Pilks are still with us. Apart from the Norwegians he made some good signings but chopped and changed the team so much we went from bad to worse! Others he signed still playing a top level are Zahare,Guerra,Fabio,Cala and Brussinger! I won’t mind a Kenwyne Jones in his prime signing for us in January!

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:17 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Ole actually made 17 signings for us and Morrison,Manga and Pilks are still with us. Apart from the Norwegians he made some good signings but chopped and changed the team so much we went from bad to worse! Others he signed still playing a top level are Zahare,Guerra,Fabio,Cala and Brussinger! I won’t mind a Kenwyne Jones in his prime signing for us in January!

With you on this, Burgstaller is now playing Champions League Football and scores for a top German team in Schalke.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Solskjaer lasted just eight months in charge of Cardiff in 2014, during which time he led them to relegation from the top flight - finishing bottom of the table - and then suffered a poor start to the next Championship campaign.