LATEST RUMOUR: TAMMY ABRAHAM A CITY TARGET AGAIN?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:43 am

Transfer news: Cardiff City join race for Aston Villa star
By Steve Wollaston

The Aston Villa man has his admirers

Tuesday 18th December 2018

Crystal Palace aren’t the only club keen to take Tammy Abraham in January.

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock is a long-time admirer of the Chelsea striker and the Mirror suggests that they have joined Crystal Palace in having an interest in the youngster.

The striker is on loan at Aston Villa and even manager Dean Smith says he has ‘no idea’ if he will be at the club in January.

Now the Bluebirds are being linked with a move in January.

Not that any interest from Neil Warnock should come as a surprise, he made his feelings clear about him when Villa secured his services.

The Bluebirds boss says he made an enquiry with Chelsea with a view to taking him on loan for the season and was not told when Abraham went to Villa Park.

And he reckons the England Under 21 would have been in his element in a Cardiff team known for its high tempo, direct approach.

Warnock told Standard Sport : “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa.

“I was really disappointed they didn’t even come back to me. I thought I at least deserved a phone call saying ‘sorry Neil, he’s not joining’

“It might have been because our deadline was three weeks before the Championship’s.

“Perhaps they weren’t sure at the time and then he ends up leaving at the end of the month, when only a move to a Championship club is possible. But even then, a phone call would have been better and shown a bit of class.

“Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it. Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League?

“I don’t think it was a question over the size of the loan fee - we would have paid it. I just the felt the way we played, he would have enjoyed it and had an impact.

"I missed out on a few players waiting for him too, which disappointed me. But that’s life.”

Villa boss Smith said recently: “I’ve no idea about the contract situation if I am honest. All we can do is work with him, we have a good relationship with Chelsea,” Smith told Sky Sports.

“Eddie Newton [Chelsea’s loan technical coach] was up here looking and checking at his development.

“He’s been developing with us all the time. He is enjoying his football and I think that is a big thing in the development of the young lad’s future.

“He wants to go and keep scoring goals for us and that’s what we are in control of at the moment.”
Attachments
Tammy Abraham.jpg
Tammy Abraham.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST RUMOUR: TAMMY ABRAHAM A CITY TARGET AGAIN?

Postby Lengee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 am

I had been banging on about going for Tammy even before the of last season. If we can get him and Ampadu for the rest of the season it will be huge in helping us stay up :bluebird: :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Lengee wrote:I had been banging on about going for Tammy even before the of last season. If we can get him and Ampadu for the rest of the season it will be huge in helping us stay up :bluebird: :thumbup:

Cant take both of them on loan.

To be honest I don't see Abraham making our season.
2blue2handle

Postby LaBamba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:46 pm

I dont imagine Chelsea will bring Tammy Abraham back from a loan to send him out on loan again. I imagine the only way he will be moving is if someone buys him.
LaBamba

Postby Sven » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Lengee wrote:I had been banging on about going for Tammy even before the of last season. If we can get him and Ampadu for the rest of the season it will be huge in helping us stay up :bluebird: :thumbup:

Cant take both of them on loan.

To be honest I don't see Abraham making our season.

No, neither do I :thumbright:

Lots of promise and doing okay at Championship Villa but hardly set the world on fire with the relegated 'Jacks' last season, did he?

Guess no matter who we sign this transfer window, all will be judged at the season's end come what may :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Strong reports on social media that the reason they are considering recalling Abraham down to our interest, one of the offers Warnock was referring to on goals on Sunday was in reference to Abraham.

Only thing I would say is that Terry being at Villa may keep Abraham there with convincing but Smith is resigned to the fact he may be sold in January and already in contact with Brentford about Maupay.

I don't know what to make of him, watching him score some real poacher goals for Bristol and Villa but when live on the telly in the games I have watched his link up play is shocking.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby montyblue » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 pm

I would just say if we try for him and it does'nt happen ffs move on quickly no more grujic sagas again please.
montyblue

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

I really hope that City don't think he is the answer to staying up as he was gash with the scummers.

Plus he is on a season long loan so that scuppers any deal

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/08/31/ ... om-chelsea
https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/08/31/ ... -on-loan...
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Crayfish » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Can't say I am an expert on loan rules but I am pretty sure the loaning club can end the loan if they have an injury crisis or can sell the player. Not sure if they would recall an on loan player simply to loan him to another club but I think they would be allowed to if they wanted.
Crayfish

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Crayfish wrote:Can't say I am an expert on loan rules but I am pretty sure the loaning club can end the loan if they have an injury crisis or can sell the player. Not sure if they would recall an on loan player simply to loan him to another club but I think they would be allowed to if they wanted.

I remember Bournemouth doing it last season with Lewis Grabban where they recalled him from his loan spell at Sunderland believing they could sell him on but no one was willing to buy him so they loaned him out to Aston Villa. In all honesty though I don't see them recalling him as he's still very young and is playing really well at Villa and seems to be enjoying his time there.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby AV3 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Crayfish wrote:Can't say I am an expert on loan rules but I am pretty sure the loaning club can end the loan if they have an injury crisis or can sell the player. Not sure if they would recall an on loan player simply to loan him to another club but I think they would be allowed to if they wanted.

If a loan fee has been paid, the loan would have to be for the duration of the agreement. If no fee has been paid, the parent club are free to recall him.

I'm not convinced that he's the answer for you - He misses too many chances and the lack of chances you create would limit his chances.

Remember that Villa are probably creating more chances per game than any other side in the Championship. It is odds on that the main striker will be among the goals in that scenario.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:13 pm

clubs can only recall a player on a season long loan if there is a clause in the loan contract.or both clubs agree
dogfound

Postby joeywills98 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Didn’t rate him with Swansea, good championship player but below average premier league player.
joeywills98

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:00 am

joeywills98 wrote:Didn’t rate him with Swansea, good championship player but below average premier league player.

I'm with you on this, even AV3 is spouting the truth on this one :lol: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm with Charlie Harper on this, and still a big believer in Patterson.I really hope this guy makes some of you eat your words.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby neilst » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 pm

We wont sign him. Abraham has already appeared for the maximum amount of clubs permitted by FIFA in any one season (two - Chelsea in community shield and Aston Villa).
neilst

Return to General Chat