Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: ' Lee Tomlin today left Cardiff City for '

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Had anyone ever thought Lee Tomlin just doesn't fit the system that we play? In the championship we played a 4-3-3, no idea where tomlins meant to fit in that. Now he's competing with Camarasa and Reid. To be honest I don't think he had a chance from the get go, and while Warnock has done many things right, he does have a habit of buying players who don't fit the system. E.g. Reid and Tomlin. Also can people not lay off the hostilities on hear? I come to read about Cardiff, not grown men squabbling about spelling.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 pm

LaBamba wrote:Had anyone ever thought Lee Tomlin just doesn't fit the system that we play? In the championship we played a 4-3-3, no idea where tomlins meant to fit in that. Now he's competing with Camarasa and Reid. To be honest I don't think he had a chance from the get go, and while Warnock has done many things right, he does have a habit of buying players who don't fit the system. E.g. Reid and Tomlin. Also can people not lay off the hostilities on hear? I come to read about Cardiff, not grown men squabbling about spelling.

Here* :laughing6:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:18 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:Had anyone ever thought Lee Tomlin just doesn't fit the system that we play? In the championship we played a 4-3-3, no idea where tomlins meant to fit in that. Now he's competing with Camarasa and Reid. To be honest I don't think he had a chance from the get go, and while Warnock has done many things right, he does have a habit of buying players who don't fit the system. E.g. Reid and Tomlin. Also can people not lay off the hostilities on hear? I come to read about Cardiff, not grown men squabbling about spelling.

Classic :thumbup:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:56 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Caerphilly boy!

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 am

No you didn't hit any nerves. You GOT ON my nerves, that's all, and yes it's okay to do all those things because with the exception of calling you a little tosser,( which was direct retaliation), none of them involved insulting people personally.
That was what I was calling you to task for, not questioning signings, because that's what you did.
Keeping Australian times ? No, I just get up when I want to, which I'm fortunate enough to be able to do.

Actually it's a bit freaky that you check the timings of postings- not a thing which its ever occurred to me to do, but I'm worried now because you'll probably go mad when you find out how late I was up .
I presume you're an early riser then, which somewhat discredits the old saying about that making you wealthy and wise.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:46 pm

CPbluebird02 wrote:Your all slating tomlin but even though we love the gaffer have any of you stopped to think that maybe his failure was simply down to Warnock holding a grudge over an argument it’s the only reason that makes sense really. You all mention fitness but he went and played nearly every game for half a season at forest even tho he apparently lacked ‘fitness’. Another one your all bringing up is attitude but he mentioned his desire to fight for his place numerous times not to forget every time he’s played I think he’s given nothing but his best effort.

I don't know what happened with his relationship with Warnock but you make a very valid point and I thought it was ridiculous to put him in the development squad in the pre season friendlies. Fit or not fit I always thought he was worth at least a space on the bench because he could turn a game. His injury time dipping free kick against Sheff Wed which the keeper couldn't hold and resulted in Bamba scoring and his equaliser at Reading- both off the bench- earned us vital two points last year.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:59 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
CPbluebird02 wrote:Your all slating tomlin but even though we love the gaffer have any of you stopped to think that maybe his failure was simply down to Warnock holding a grudge over an argument it’s the only reason that makes sense really. You all mention fitness but he went and played nearly every game for half a season at forest even tho he apparently lacked ‘fitness’. Another one your all bringing up is attitude but he mentioned his desire to fight for his place numerous times not to forget every time he’s played I think he’s given nothing but his best effort.

I don't know what happened with his relationship with Warnock but you make a very valid point and I thought it was ridiculous to put him in the development squad in the pre season friendlies. Fit or not fit I always thought he was worth at least a space on the bench because he could turn a game. His injury time dipping free kick against Sheff Wed which the keeper couldn't hold and resulted in Bamba scoring and his equaliser at Reading- both off the bench- earned us vital two points last year.

I hesitate to say this, but you're bound to wonder whether there's some problem which people don't know about.
I certainly don't suggest that this is the case regarding Mr Tomlin, but it's a fact that many people suffer from addictions of one sort or another, personal or family difficulties and a huge variety of other difficulties which they do not announce publicly.
Perhaps there is some such sub plot in the story which we don't know about, so we really should be careful of judging the man.