Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FRESH REPORT: BLUEBIRDS POISED TO WIN RACE FOR £20M SALA

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:32 am

Report: Cardiff City beat Everton & West Ham to Nantes’ Emiliano Sala, agree £20million fee
Alani Adefunmiloye, 2 January, 2019

Wednesday 2nd January 2018

Cardiff City have agreed a £20million deal to sign Nantes’ striker Emiliano Sala in January, according to Sport24.

All that is left is for the Argentine to agree personal terms with the Premier League strugglers, but the deal comes as a huge blow for the likes of West Ham United and Everton who have both been keen on Sala.

As reported by Sportsmail, the two clubs sent scouts to watch the 6ft 3ins hitman during last month’s Ligue game between Nantes and Marseille, while Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock and assistant Kevin Blackwell were also present to run the rule over him.

Given their recent struggles, Everton could do with a prolific striker in the form of Sala, while West Ham won’t also mind adding such player to their ranks in their bid to qualify for Europe.

The 28-year-old has 12 goals and two assists in 16 Ligue 1 games this season, and looks a perfect fit for the English top-flight.

Cardiff need to score more goals and win more points if they are to survive in the Premier League, and the Argentine late bloomer will be a great addition to their cause.

However, Everton and West Ham have been potentially dealt a huge blow if Sala indeed moves to the Welsh side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FRESH REPORT: BLUEBIRDS POISED TO WIN RACE FOR £20M SALA

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:36 am

This report seems to have legs and is in line with a comment made by Neil Warnock in his press conference before the Spurs game, where he said reports that Sala didn't want to come to Cardiff were wide of the mark and the deal wasn't completely dead

Not sure about the price/valuation but if true, this would be a very positive start to the January window :thumbright:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:36 am

Sven wrote:Report: Cardiff City beat Everton & West Ham to Nantes’ Emiliano Sala, agree £20million fee
Alani Adefunmiloye, 2 January, 2019

Cardiff City have agreed a £20million deal to sign Nantes’ striker Emiliano Sala in January, according to Sport24.

All that is left is for the Argentine to agree personal terms with the Premier League strugglers, but the deal comes as a huge blow for the likes of West Ham United and Everton who have both been keen on Sala.

As reported by Sportsmail, the two clubs sent scouts to watch the 6ft 3ins hitman during last month’s Ligue game between Nantes and Marseille, while Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock and assistant Kevin Blackwell were also present to run the rule over him.

Given their recent struggles, Everton could do with a prolific striker in the form of Sala, while West Ham won’t also mind adding such player to their ranks in their bid to qualify for Europe.

The 28-year-old has 12 goals and two assists in 16 Ligue 1 games this season, and looks a perfect fit for the English top-flight.

Cardiff need to score more goals and win more points if they are to survive in the Premier League, and the Argentine late bloomer will be a great addition to their cause.

However, Everton and West Ham have been potentially dealt a huge blow if Sala indeed moves to the Welsh side.

I’d imagine if that’s true (and I’m not confident that it is) wages and terms wouldn’t be a problem if we’d pushed the boat out to get him in the first place.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:37 am

This story is hanging around a while, I just can't see us paying anything like that amount for a player, maybe we are being used for a bigger club to sign him?

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:This story is hanging around a while, I just can't see us paying anything like that amount for a player, maybe we are being used for a bigger club to sign him?

Or it’s £5m for this season and a further £10m if we stay up. He goes back if we don’t.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 pm

There is also a report that he doesn’t want to go to a team in a relegation fight. Who knows what’s going on.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:33 pm

If Everton and West Ham are really interested in him he would surely to to one of them rather than us.Maybe if he went to Everton would could get Niasse in on loan. Prefer either to Grabban.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:This story is hanging around a while, I just can't see us paying anything like that amount for a player, maybe we are being used for a bigger club to sign him?

The tranafee fee with a foreign club is not paid in a lump sum up front ,20 million is nothing these days

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 pm

I gather it be between 10-15 million upfront with the rest depending if we stay up which will take it up to 20 million which wouldn't be bad buiness if we stay up.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:07 pm

I cant see it happening.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Fingers crossed most of this fee is add ons. Because we're apparently paying £20m for a 28 year old who's had half a good season in a donkey league.

Before this season his Ligue 1 record is 36 goals in 125 games.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Another story says he doesn't fancy us.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:22 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:Fingers crossed most of this fee is add ons. Because we're apparently paying £20m for a 28 year old who's had half a good season in a donkey league.

Very true :occasion5: concerns me a lot, plus player saying he doesn’t want move, don’t really want a player that don’t want to be here

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Fingers crossed most of this fee is add ons. Because we're apparently paying £20m for a 28 year old who's had half a good season in a donkey league.

Very true :occasion5: concerns me a lot, plus player saying he doesn’t want move, don’t really want a player that don’t want to be here

Seems exactly like the Madine situation. Over-paying for a tall 28 year old with half a good season under his belt.

And I agree, with reports saying he isn't keen, sack him off.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Madine can go the other way to Nantes in exchange :laughing6:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Would have rather paid £18n for Abrahams. We know he younger has more potential and with a good attitude I think we should have gone for Abrahams with a good bid pre season. BUT
It's going to be difficult to get a player who skip for a relegation fight.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Done deal. Can tell from Warnock in last press conference. Got defensive when he said he didn't want to come here

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:18 pm

I hope this is true but I have my doubts.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Lengee wrote:Would have rather paid £18n for Abrahams. We know he younger has more potential and with a good attitude I think we should have gone for Abrahams with a good bid pre season. BUT
It's going to be difficult to get a player who skip for a relegation fight.

:thumbup: Bit worried about this signing tbh and would rathered a younger player. I hope to god he's not another Gary Madine :lol:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Wake up and get real

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Bluesman wrote:Wake up and get real

Hello! Is there anybody there? :?

What or who you on about? :laughing6:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Nantes continue to try to push Emiliano Sala towards Cardiff City
Get Football News @ GFN France

L’Équipe report this morning that Nantes President Waldemar Kita is continuing his efforts to push Argentine target man Emiliano Sala to move to Premier League side Cardiff City this month.

Sala has 12 Ligue 1 goals this season and the two clubs have reached a £20m fee agreement for the player, including bonuses.

Manager Vahid Halilhodzic wants to keep the player, but Kita is trying to convince the 28-year-old to exit Les Canaris, currently under contract 2020, explaining to Sala that the salary offered by the Welsh side is too good to turn town.

Sala, who wants to join a project with a foothold in the European scene, did not want to acknowledge the existence of the offer from Cardiff.

As it stands, no contract extension offer has been made to the player by Nantes.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/nantes-continue-to-try-to-push-emiliano-sala-towards-cardiff-city/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 am

If he's in any doubt whether he wants to play for Cardiff City we don't want him. He seems like a good player but unless it can be done early and with full commitment on his part we mustn't waste time with it all.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:If he's in any doubt whether he wants to play for Cardiff City we don't want him. He seems like a good player but unless it can be done early and with full commitment on his part we mustn't waste time with it all.

Have to agree, the last thing we need is to piss away the kind of fee suggested,on a player who does not want to be here?? It seems the club want him to come (for a wedge?)maybe they think"hey they want to pay silly money,let's try and force it through,to the benefit of nante fc,too good to turn down ;)

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:34 am

bluesince62 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:If he's in any doubt whether he wants to play for Cardiff City we don't want him. He seems like a good player but unless it can be done early and with full commitment on his part we mustn't waste time with it all.

Have to agree, the last thing we need is to piss away the kind of fee suggested,on a player who does not want to be here?? It seems the club want him to come (for a wedge?)maybe they think"hey they want to pay silly money,let's try and force it through,to the benefit of nante fc,too good to turn down ;)

that was my first reaction to reading it as well..but im not sure Arter or Camarasa were keen initially..?
and i am not sure there are many out there desperate to play for us....get him over here the club and City sell themselves and if you cant get motivated by our fans ..well.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:

Seems exactly like the Madine situation. Over-paying for a tall 28 year old with half a good season under his belt.

And I agree, with reports saying he isn't keen, sack him off.

Agree with this. Hate to be the pessimist but it seems like a disaster waiting to happen.i hope to god I'm wrong.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 pm

I'm not too bothered about whether he's reticent about coming. He may well use us as a stepping stone, a bit like Camarasa, but in order for that to work he'll have to perform in order to attract the attentions of "bigger" teams.

As long as there is a decent release and/or relegation clause there's opportunities for club and player that would suite both.

He does look like the sort of player we want and I was encouraged by Warnock's reaction to the suggestion that Sala didn't want to come here.

Watch this space I guess !!

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 am

I am sorry . R.I.P.

He would have made an impact for you for sure.