The FA CUP draw helps us

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Arsenal now have a hard game against Manchester Utd to contend with just 3 days ( possibly 2 )
Before they play us. They will need to be full strength now and not have a chance to rest players.plus they have a tough trip to Man City straight after.

We on the other hand have a 10 day break before that game.

Or could our game be moved to the Wednesday to suit the tv schedules?
thomasblue
 
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

The FA CUP draw helps us

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby epping blue » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:19 pm

thomasblue wrote:Arsenal now have a hard game against Manchester Utd to contend with just 3 days ( possibly 2 )
Before they play us. They will need to be full strength now and not have a chance to rest players.

We on the other hand have a 10 day break before that game.

Or could our game be moved to the Wednesday to suit the tv schedules?


If they put the game back to sunday they' may move our game back to the wednesday. Could be an arse ache for people who've already booked travel / time off.
epping blue
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby thomasblue » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 pm

epping blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Arsenal now have a hard game against Manchester Utd to contend with just 3 days ( possibly 2 )
Before they play us. They will need to be full strength now and not have a chance to rest players.

We on the other hand have a 10 day break before that game.

Or could our game be moved to the Wednesday to suit the tv schedules?


If they put the game back to sunday they' may move our game back to the wednesday. Could be an arse ache for people who've already booked travel / time off.


I can see that happening. The Arsenal v Man Utd game will be the sunday kick off
thomasblue
 
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby buckleys brewery » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 pm

thomasblue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Arsenal now have a hard game against Manchester Utd to contend with just 3 days ( possibly 2 )
Before they play us. They will need to be full strength now and not have a chance to rest players.

We on the other hand have a 10 day break before that game.

Or could our game be moved to the Wednesday to suit the tv schedules?


If they put the game back to sunday they' may move our game back to the wednesday. Could be an arse ache for people who've already booked travel / time off.


I can see that happening. The Arsenal v Man Utd game will be the sunday kick off


Shit I hope they don’t move our game. Up in London early that week, but need to be home Wednesday afternoon.
User avatar
buckleys brewery
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby old_man » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:41 am

Anyone know how long the BBC have to pick the live games? I've already booked travel and want as much notice as possible to change it.
old_man
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby epping blue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 am

old_man wrote:Anyone know how long the BBC have to pick the live games? I've already booked travel and want as much notice as possible to change it.



They'll probably confirm it sometime today. There's so little live top flight football on the BBC these days they're bound to want it. If they want it on the Monday prime time slot then we who knows when we'll play. I assume BT gets first pick but not necessarily sure about that.
epping blue
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: The FA CUP draw helps us

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Arsenal v Man Utd is on the Friday, it’s been confirmed.



Manchester United’s FA Cup fourth round standout tie with Arsenal has been moved to Friday night after television broadcasters took their pick of the next batch of fixtures, leaving fans with the difficult task of returning home in the late hours.

The two Premier League sides were drawn together in the marquee fixture of the fourth round, pitting the two most successful sides in FA Cup history against each other in a repeat of their March 2015 encounter, the last time that they met in the competition.

With 25 FA Cup triumphs between them, fans were left relishing the encounter when it was drawn out of the hat last Monday night, but United fans now face the prospect of a late-night trip home – plus the requirement to take the day off work – in order to see their team in action.

With the match selected by the BBC, it has been moved to a 7:55pm kick-off on Friday 25 January, meaning that any fans travelling from Manchester will need to catch the 4.20pm departure from Manchester Piccadilly in order to get to the Emirates on time.

Within 30 minutes of the announcement being made, the last train out of London Euston back to Manchester in the form of the 11pm departure had already sold out, meaning any fans looking to get home on the same night need to attempt to catch the 9:15pm train – which requires fans to leave the match early in the second half.

United are expected to put on travel facilities to help fans, but the move of the crunch fixture is yet another slap in the face of the loyal fans to have to trek up and down the country at ridiculous hours in order to meet the demands of TV scheduling.

The other matches to be shown by the BBC are Millwall’s home clash with Everton, which kicks off at 5:30pm, and Chelsea’s encounter with either Sheffield Wednesday or Luton Town that is at the unusual time of 6pm on Sunday evening at Stamford Bridge.

BT Sport meanwhile will show four games across the weekend, with the Saturday 12:30pm kick-off featuring Accrington Stanley and either Derby County or Southampton, with the late 7:45pm game seeing AFC Wimbledon host West Ham.

Sunday’s 4pm match sees Crystal palace and Tottenham Hotspur meet in a London derby, while Monday night’s game gives non-league Barnet centre stage as they host Brentford at The Hive.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 12028
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluebird1990, Google [Bot], Igovernor, pembroke allan, SirJimmySchoular, WelshPatriot, worcester_ccfc, Xcasual, YM Bluebird and 292 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.