Sala...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Done deal. ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Sala...

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sala...

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:34 pm

We will find out in the morning. If the news is true or not
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby TrueBlue99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:06 am

I am guessing you have seen this?

Or is there any other information you are aware of? ;)
Attachments
DwbH4WWWkAAUkiF.jpg
DwbH4WWWkAAUkiF.jpg (113.88 KiB) Viewed 8749 times
Life is a funny thing, Sometimes you just have to laugh along with it.
User avatar
TrueBlue99
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:10 am

Love it to be true as Sala looks the player we need
Mad bad and dangerous to know
User avatar
Charlie Harper
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 am
Location: Malibu beach

Re: Sala...

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:11 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)

Complete guess, no one knows what’s happening, just because one of our men has been out there tonight to talk to him, doesn’t mean a done deal, some saying it’s off and he’s told Cardiff he’s staying put and some saying there nothing looking for replacements, no one has a clue what’s happening!!!!
Edwardsccfc16
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 am

Thank me later. :D ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Re: Sala...

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Thank me later. :D ;)

If your so sure, when is it going to be made public? (Him holding a city shirt)
Edwardsccfc16
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:19 am

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Thank me later. :D ;)

If your so sure, when is it going to be made public? (Him holding a city shirt)


Within the next 48 hours signed ,snapped and sealed and with Warnock saying something along the lines of “He reminds of the lad Becchio I had at Leeds”. ;) :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Re: Sala...

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:13 am

I believe him tbh he's pretty good when it comes to new arivals. :ayatollah:
User avatar
Dahboy
 
Posts: 2117
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:57 am

Nantes are being strongly linked with the top scorer in Romania, possibly a replacement?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 11589
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Sala...

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:51 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)


I'd like this to be correct but (sadly) it will take a news conference to prove you right after all the up and downs! :(
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 14925
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby EastleighBlue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

Translated from a French sports website

They do not let go of the case. On Tuesday night, according to information from 20 Minutes, representatives of the Cardiff City club came to supervise the FCN striker Emiliano Sala, at the meeting Nantes and Montpellier (2-0). Welsh club manager Neil Warnock was accompanied by Willie Mac Kay, a British agent who presumably serves as an intermediary since the start of negotiations between the Kita clan and Cardiff City, in a presidential box and not in a platform to keep a low profile. This is obviously not the first time this season that the Welsh manager comes to La Beaujoire to scrutinize Sala, who will be at the end of the lease in Nantes in a year and a half and will not extend his contract.

The Cardiff City manager had implied late December that the track was abandoned. His presence, Tuesday, at the Beaujoire, suggests that the file is not closed.

Offer of 22 million euros
Contrary to what President Kita claimed in L'Equipe on Tuesday, a 22 million Cardiff City proposal came to the table for Sala a few weeks ago. A sum (50% of the transfer nevertheless to Bordeaux) that seemed to suit Kita. On the other hand, the Italo-Argentine, author of 12 goals this season, has never been really ready to join this poorly ranked club in the Premier League, despite a tempting offer on the salary ...
EastleighBlue
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

I don’t doubt the OP has been told something which he believes to be concrete but unless it’s media connected and he’s seen a press release/club statement which has yet to be posted on the official website then nothing is certain unless it has come straight from either of the direct parties involved... which I unfortunately doubt.
BarryWelsh88
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Sala...

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Thank me later. :D ;)




for what..?
its a toss of a coin post that might be correct or might be totally off the mark. now if you had said done deal because Warnock { a Warnock lookalike } told you in costa coffee or asda { you seem to like it there } last night fair enough..
dogfound
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby theclaw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)

Good news then :thumbup:
theclaw
 
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby howbluewasmyvalley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:50 am

PS Willie McKay is representing Nantes in the negotiations, per this article...

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ve-4261936
Nantes hire British agent to get Sala Premier League move
by Paul Vegas17 days ago
Share the love
Image: https://images.tribalfootball.com/defau ... large.jpeg
"Nantes are ready to sell Emiliano Sala to a Premier League club next month.
The prolific centre-forward has a raft of English [?] clubs chasing his signature, including Fulham, Southampton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace.
Euro United reports Nantes chairman Waldemar Kita has hired Scottish agent Willie McKay to help get Sala a move to England [read Wales?].
McKay negotiated André-Frank Zambo Anguissa's move from Marseille to Fulham last summer.
Nantes are seeking €20-30m to sell Sala in January".

Block 111 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
User avatar
howbluewasmyvalley
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am

howbluewasmyvalley wrote:PS Willie McKay is representing Nantes in the negotiations, per this article...

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ve-4261936
Nantes hire British agent to get Sala Premier League move
by Paul Vegas17 days ago
Share the love
Image: https://images.tribalfootball.com/defau ... large.jpeg
"Nantes are ready to sell Emiliano Sala to a Premier League club next month.
The prolific centre-forward has a raft of English [?] clubs chasing his signature, including Fulham, Southampton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace.
Euro United reports Nantes chairman Waldemar Kita has hired Scottish agent Willie McKay to help get Sala a move to England [read Wales?].
McKay negotiated André-Frank Zambo Anguissa's move from Marseille to Fulham last summer.
Nantes are seeking €20-30m to sell Sala in January".

Block 111 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:


Fulham, Southampton & Palace after him from our mini League ...............
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8820
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 am

I did think when I heard that the deal for the midfielder had fallen through that we may have seen sense and realized that to have a chance of survival we need goals and not a replacement for Gunnar when he calls it a day, all the money saved on wages plus the 8m not now being spent on a midfielder may add up to a package for sala, time will tell. Hopefully then Mosses on a loan to play right full back/wing back and I'd say as good as its going to get.
pontlliwblue
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 am

Bluebina wrote:
howbluewasmyvalley wrote:PS Willie McKay is representing Nantes in the negotiations, per this article...

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ve-4261936
Nantes hire British agent to get Sala Premier League move
by Paul Vegas17 days ago
Share the love
Image: https://images.tribalfootball.com/defau ... large.jpeg
"Nantes are ready to sell Emiliano Sala to a Premier League club next month.
The prolific centre-forward has a raft of English [?] clubs chasing his signature, including Fulham, Southampton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace.
Euro United reports Nantes chairman Waldemar Kita has hired Scottish agent Willie McKay to help get Sala a move to England [read Wales?].
McKay negotiated André-Frank Zambo Anguissa's move from Marseille to Fulham last summer.
Nantes are seeking €20-30m to sell Sala in January".

Block 111 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:


Fulham, Southampton & Palace after him from our mini League ...............


McKay has 2 sons who play for us doesn't he?
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
howbluewasmyvalley wrote:PS Willie McKay is representing Nantes in the negotiations, per this article...

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... ve-4261936
Nantes hire British agent to get Sala Premier League move
by Paul Vegas17 days ago
Share the love
Image: https://images.tribalfootball.com/defau ... large.jpeg
"Nantes are ready to sell Emiliano Sala to a Premier League club next month.
The prolific centre-forward has a raft of English [?] clubs chasing his signature, including Fulham, Southampton, Cardiff and Crystal Palace.
Euro United reports Nantes chairman Waldemar Kita has hired Scottish agent Willie McKay to help get Sala a move to England [read Wales?].
McKay negotiated André-Frank Zambo Anguissa's move from Marseille to Fulham last summer.
Nantes are seeking €20-30m to sell Sala in January".

Block 111 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:


Fulham, Southampton & Palace after him from our mini League ...............


McKay has 2 sons who play for us doesn't he?


Correct. ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Re: Sala...

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am

Yes, twins, they were released by leeds and we signed them up!
User avatar
Igovernor
 
Posts: 4000
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

pontlliwblue wrote:I did think when I heard that the deal for the midfielder had fallen through that we may have seen sense and realized that to have a chance of survival we need goals and not a replacement for Gunnar when he calls it a day, all the money saved on wages plus the 8m not now being spent on a midfielder may add up to a package for sala, time will tell. Hopefully then Mosses on a loan to play right full back/wing back and I'd say as good as its going to get.


The striker is a bigger priority than a midfielder that’s why we stepped out of negotiation with that French lad and gone all in for Sala it was either one or the other. :thumbup:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Re: Sala...

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 am

And plus us getting Tomlin, Madine and Pilks off the wage bill is helping towards it too. :thumbup: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
User avatar
Rydogsccfc
 
Posts: 12700
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Mind you're own business.

Re: Sala...

Postby howbluewasmyvalley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 am

…for anyone who hasn't seen Sala in action. Let's just hope it happens. :occasion5:

https://twitter.com/EmilianoSala1

From the Canaries to the Bluebirds.... ;)

Block 111 :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
User avatar
howbluewasmyvalley
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am

Well if this one falls through after all the fuss and losing out on the midfielder worse would be gasumped by one of our rivals fulham pinching him the sh.t will hit the fan and rightly so.
montyblue
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Bananas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:01 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)


What's that smell??
Bananas
 
Posts: 1120
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Crayfish » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:03 am

montyblue wrote:Well if this one falls through after all the fuss and losing out on the midfielder worse would be gasumped by one of our rivals fulham pinching him the sh.t will hit the fan and rightly so.


That is true but you are forgetting that the bloke from Tadcaster is still available.

With regard to the McKay brothers was it not suggested at the time we signed them that they were only at Leeds as a favour to their agent dad as Leeds wanted to keep to keep in with him with a view to future signings and that is the reason they joined us and no one thinks they will ever be professional footballers at anything much above league two level if that.
Crayfish
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:And plus us getting Tomlin, Madine and Pilks off the wage bill is helping towards it too. :thumbup: :ayatollah:



sounds like he is your new favourite already. this years Saadi
dogfound
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 am

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:And plus us getting Tomlin, Madine and Pilks off the wage bill is helping towards it too. :thumbup: :ayatollah:



sounds like he is your new favourite already. this years Saadi


Let's hope he scores a few more for us than Rydog's old mate, Idriss. If this transfer comes off, can only hope that it works well and that he can score a few at this level. Not getting too excited, will wait and see how it all turns out in the longer term. I remember the number of people wetting their pants with excitement when we signed Owen Doyle and this board going into meltdown with what a fantastic signing he would turn out to be. We know what happened there. Hoping that Rydogs is correct on this one, see no reason why he would'nt be, and hoping this is finally the striker who can come good for us.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: Sala...

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:38 am

From France translation

They do not let go of the case. On Tuesday night, according to information from 20 Minutes, representatives of the Cardiff City club came to supervise the FCN striker Emiliano Sala, at the meeting Nantes and Montpellier (2-0). Welsh club manager Neil Warnock was accompanied by Willie Mac Kay, a British agent who presumably serves as an intermediary since the beginning of negotiations between the Kita clan and Cardiff City, in a presidential box and not in a platform to keep a low profile. This is obviously not the first time this season that the Welsh manager comes to La Beaujoire to scrutinize Sala, who will be at the end of the lease in Nantes in a year and a half and will not extend his contract.

The Cardiff City manager had implied late December that the track was abandoned. His presence, Tuesday, at the Beaujoire, suggests that the file is not closed.
Offer of 22 million euros
User avatar
Igovernor
 
Posts: 4000
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 103 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.