" NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:55 pm

This was Warnocks message to the fans:

"Bringing in a new player might go down to the wire."

"But the Cardiff fans just need to keep supporting us like they have been. With their incredible backing, which is as good as anything I've seen in football, there's no reason why we can't get another 18 points from our remaining matches - even with the players we've already got here."
Attachments
Large-6.jpeg
Large-6.jpeg (112.34 KiB) Viewed 6045 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 111186
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

" NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm

That last sentence tells me he is expecting not to sign anybody of note this window . Maybe just a squad booster not a starter
thomasblue
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby ch1ppy82 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm

now i have read that im even more convinced we wont get anyone else in now
ch1ppy82
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:47 pm

I've heard a few posts today saying i'm anti-Warnock anti-Cardiff. I want Warnock to be backed in the market. I do not agree with the club's way of thinking at all if they believe we don't need 2 quality additions!!!
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5165
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:58 pm

ThomasC wrote:I've heard a few posts today saying i'm anti-Warnock anti-Cardiff. I want Warnock to be backed in the market. I do not agree with the club's way of thinking at all if they believe we don't need 2 quality additions!!!


I'm sure they agree with you, I expect we all do. However, the players have to be prepared to come here, and also need to be an improvement on what we already have. Like I said on another post, there is not a big queue of quality players desperate to come to Cardiff, or at least, not until all their other options have disappeared. I am sure most would hope to go somewhere like Paris, Rome, Monaco or London and a load of other places before they would head for Cardiff.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby maltablue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Agree with other posters on this matter that sentance alone does not fill you with confidence of the board.
I think maybe the one loan if lucky on last day of the window, and i,m convinced tan will sell club by start of next season regardless of division.
maltablue
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby RageJon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Does not sound promising at all..

We have an opportunity to stay up and we have just released 2 players lowering the depth of the squad.
We could land in shit street come end of February
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !
RageJon
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm

RageJon wrote:Does not sound promising at all..

We have an opportunity to stay up and we have just released 2 players lowering the depth of the squad.
We could land in shit street come end of February


They weren’t in the 25 man squad had no bearing at all
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm guessing you mean Pilks & Tomlin, but Madine was. But I will admit you could argue whether he depleted the depth of the squad.
BLUE54
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby CardiffBatman888 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

If we dont sign any players,... Im afraid at the end of season, or perhaps in a few months time... Fans will turn and be like

"we should have, could have signed a striker... Tan out, warnock out".
User avatar
CardiffBatman888
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Cardiff (canton)

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:35 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:If we dont sign any players,... Im afraid at the end of season, or perhaps in a few months time... Fans will turn and be like

"we should have, could have signed a striker... Tan out, warnock out".


Not me though,I'm no fairweather fan.New what we signed up to and not being a cry baby over perceived transfer misses is not one.Better sign no-one than another Lambert.
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 am

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:44 pm

What is so wrong with playing for the capital citys football club in the Premier League and for a club still outside the relegation zone despite spending modestly (by most comparable standards)?!

To me, all this talk of going to the wire again smacks of deja vu and the same old lines being trotted out.

I think we need a statement from Dalman or even Tan cutting the bullshit and telling it like it is even if that is a bit unpalatable.

At present it simply looks like the board have no plan or any ambition to stay in the big league and that's really disappointing.

Never mind all this stuff about players wanting more glamourous locations- is Bournemouth with its average 11k attendances glamourous!? Are they a bigger club than Cardiff? Of course they're not.
Tuna Pasta Bake
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:What is so wrong with playing for the capital citys football club in the Premier League and for a club still outside the relegation zone despite spending modestly (by most comparable standards)?!

To me, all this talk of going to the wire again smacks of deja vu and the same old lines being trotted out.

I think we need a statement from Dalman or even Tan cutting the bullshit and telling it like it is even if that is a bit unpalatable.

At present it simply looks like the board have no plan or any ambition to stay in the big league and that's really disappointing.

Never mind all this stuff about players wanting more glamourous locations- is Bournemouth with its average 11k attendances glamourous!? Are they a bigger club than Cardiff? Of course they're not.


I know many people will disagree with this but I feel tan is going to try and sell us out if we stay up, no debt and barely any investment
rhblue
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby dorsetblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
RageJon wrote:Does not sound promising at all..

We have an opportunity to stay up and we have just released 2 players lowering the depth of the squad.
We could land in shit street come end of February


They weren’t in the 25 man squad had no bearing at all

One of them would have undoubtedly improved the 25 man squad come January, the other did not have the stomach to win the manager over. Madine never had a chance to show anything this season but Healey may arguably be a better player to havein the squad than him. However you can’t help feeling at the moment our club have thrown the towel in. Several players in the 25 that shouldn’t be, Richards, Connolly and probably Damour. I have the feeling the club would be quite happy to run with a squad of 12 if they could. We’ve been very lucky with injuries thus far but 3/4 more injuries to add to the continually injured Peltier, Richards, Ward and Zohore and with other players under performing or looking knackered, Ralls, Morrison and Paterson we are buggered. Need some movement inwards or a couple of the U23 to be flung in and surprise us.
dorsetblue
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby angelis1949 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is
angelis1949
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Welshman in CA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:What is so wrong with playing for the capital citys football club in the Premier League and for a club still outside the relegation zone despite spending modestly (by most comparable standards)?!

To me, all this talk of going to the wire again smacks of deja vu and the same old lines being trotted out.

I think we need a statement from Dalman or even Tan cutting the bullshit and telling it like it is even if that is a bit unpalatable.

At present it simply looks like the board have no plan or any ambition to stay in the big league and that's really disappointing.

Never mind all this stuff about players wanting more glamourous locations- is Bournemouth with its average 11k attendances glamourous!? Are they a bigger club than Cardiff? Of course they're not.


They may not be a more glamorous club than us but what they are is virtually assured to be playing premier league football next season & we're not. While Cardiff may be the center of the footballing universe to you & me it's not even in the same galaxy as far as 99% of people are concerned and everyone needs to calm down with the "club has no ambition, Warnock's not trying etc." and wait & see what happens.
Welshman in CA
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:06 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.
User avatar
Dahboy
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby dorsetblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:What is so wrong with playing for the capital citys football club in the Premier League and for a club still outside the relegation zone despite spending modestly (by most comparable standards)?!

To me, all this talk of going to the wire again smacks of deja vu and the same old lines being trotted out.

I think we need a statement from Dalman or even Tan cutting the bullshit and telling it like it is even if that is a bit unpalatable.

At present it simply looks like the board have no plan or any ambition to stay in the big league and that's really disappointing.

Never mind all this stuff about players wanting more glamourous locations- is Bournemouth with its average 11k attendances glamourous!? Are they a bigger club than Cardiff? Of course they're not.


They may not be a more glamorous club than us but what they are is virtually assured to be playing premier league football next season & we're not. While Cardiff may be the center of the footballing universe to you & me it's not even in the same galaxy as far as 99% of people are concerned and everyone needs to calm down with the "club has no ambition, Warnock's not trying etc." and wait & see what happens.


Having been born in Cardiff and now living in Dorset both areas are equally attractive, weather is a bit better down here but Bournemouth are a template apart from the ground of what we aspire to be. However their owner has not been shy in spending cash both to get them up and then keep them there. That’s the reason why we won’t get on a par with them any time soon. Oh and they have a coach that players want to play for, sadly we don’t as much as I like Warnock.
dorsetblue
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.


I must say that most of your comments are terribly negative and generally wrong. I'm sorry to be so rude and I don't mean to be personal but I'm mystified as to why you bother posting here when you seem to detest the club and everyone connected with it so much.
SirJimmySchoular
 
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.


Should be easy enough for him to sell to someone from that huge queue of people all desperate to pump millions into Cardiff City.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby cityone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 pm

If we do not sign any quality players in this window (i think we need three players) then we will go down.
User avatar
cityone
 
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Hawick, scottish borders

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.


I must say that most of your comments are terribly negative and generally wrong. I'm sorry to be so rude and I don't mean to be personal but I'm mystified as to why you bother posting here when you seem to detest the club and everyone connected with it so much.

I love this club but I don't have to love every aspect of it. I'm a fan and football is for the people isn't it?
User avatar
Dahboy
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm

I for one do not consider NW at fault although some of his signings can be questioned e.g. Madine. We do not know what funds have been made available although we know we spent 24m in the summer. If City do not sign a striker in this window then clearly the board have no intention to keep the club up. We clearly need a striker (1at least), right back & midfielder. For the club not to sign the striker in the summer was bad enough but if one doesn’t come in this time around says a lot. To play with a full back as your main striker for most of the season! Would it indicate that the club are happy to be relegated and survive on parachute payments?

I have followed this club since 1968 & been a long standing ST holder but for me some don’t know how lucky we are to be in the Premiership. We waited 50 odd years for the experience until 2013/14 when we got relegated & now we are in a great position to survive if only the club backed the manager in the transfer window. Yes the club has done a great job steadying the ship but isn’t it now time to move on to a new level?

It is so frustrating because you survive that first season & you could go from strength to strength. Debt would be a thing of the past.
User avatar
bridgendbluebird30
 
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby NorthGwentBlues » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 pm

There seems to be something amiss behind the scenes at our football club. I have no issue with not signing any players if we cant afford it however we have gone from identifying 3 or 4 positions that need strengthening asap to being told it's down to the wire on one.

What ever has happened would indicate that finances are not available now that maybe had been there previously.
I have no idea why, not being a doom and gloom monger but if we are going to go through the rest of a season in the premier and stay up with this squad it will be a bigger achievement than Leicester winning it outright.

There has to be more to this, has to be. Backing out of Tameze deal was bizzare to say the least, scouting costs money, we wouldn't have got to the point of signing and suddenly he's not better than what we have. That just doesn't happen.
NorthGwentBlues
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:44 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Seems like they are trying to trim the wage bill, maybe so there is a bigger pool of money for a possible new players wages.
Roadrunner
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Let's hope SSN are down the CCS on deadline day !! Dai Hunt will have a field day !!!
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 15941
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:If we dont sign any players,... Im afraid at the end of season, or perhaps in a few months time... Fans will turn and be like

"we should have, could have signed a striker... Tan out, warnock out".


Not me though,I'm no fairweather fan.New what we signed up to and not being a cry baby over perceived transfer misses is not one.Better sign no-one than another Lambert.


I’m not sure what planet the rest of our fans are on

He made it perfectly clear blue and run within our means

I have accepted that and my rough calculations suggest we have about £20m this window that includes eveeyhjting to do with a signing, the fee the signing on fee the agents fee and the wages realisticallynthis is one good player and maybe a loan with part wages

Why others can’t see the same as me and yourself I don’t know

The man is in for £180m he’s not putting more in
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.


I must say that most of your comments are terribly negative and generally wrong. I'm sorry to be so rude and I don't mean to be personal but I'm mystified as to why you bother posting here when you seem to detest the club and everyone connected with it so much.

I love this club but I don't have to love every aspect of it. I'm a fan and football is for the people isn't it?


You're right! Vincent Tan is not a Premiership owner; he's actually a Premier League club owner! :thumbright: ;)

You maybe a 'fan' but your comments on this Forum suggest you're not a 'supporter' of Cardiff City FC!

A 'supporter' would do exactly that (support) and get behind their team with a certain understanding of where they've come from and how exceptionally well they've done up to now to prove the doubters wrong!

That's not to say the manager/players/club/owner don't make mistakes but that's life and it's also football; and for most it's part of the roller coaster ride the supporters love so much! ;)
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 15460
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:If we dont sign any players,... Im afraid at the end of season, or perhaps in a few months time... Fans will turn and be like

"we should have, could have signed a striker... Tan out, warnock out".


Not me though,I'm no fairweather fan.New what we signed up to and not being a cry baby over perceived transfer misses is not one.Better sign no-one than another Lambert.


I’m not sure what planet the rest of our fans are on

He made it perfectly clear blue and run within our means

I have accepted that and my rough calculations suggest we have about £20m this window that includes eveeyhjting to do with a signing, the fee the signing on fee the agents fee and the wages realisticallynthis is one good player and maybe a loan with part wages

Why others can’t see the same as me and yourself I don’t know

The man is in for £180m he’s not putting more in


He made it all perfectly clear, and fans accepted it. Some have short memories or selective hearing.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 4626
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 pm

cityone wrote:If we do not sign any quality players in this window (i think we need three players) then we will go down.



we could sign 6 and still go down. massively short on quality going up and the whole world knew it.
doing better than expected so far yet people are in meltdown.?
dogfound
 
Posts: 7747
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 70 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.