Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Newcastle United v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Newcastle United win
30%
Cardiff City win
38%
Draw
33%

Total votes : 61

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ NEWCASTLE v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Brings off Paterson with 881/2 mins gone! Chance for Ward to make an impact!!
3-0 got what we deserved.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:53 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Paterson is raising the white flag...... League 1 striker (at best) forcing route one. I don't mind route one but we are not that good at it. We never got promoted with him as a striker but now this is the game plan, we were promoted because of the wide forwards and getting the ball to them quickly. Now it smash it down the middle for a flick on like a Sunday morning team.

Not even a striker

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Bananas wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:
Dahboy wrote:We need to get rid of Warnock if we want to save our season. He has to go.

He’s just been given the ok to spend 15mill on a striker. He isn’t going anywhere. I don’t see who we could bring in that will change anything

It’s not Warnock’s fault we just aren’t good enough.

We arent ready for the premier league.

Who picks the team? The buck stops with Warnock.

You're a Jack, it's obvious

Actually, I think YOU'RE the 'Jack' and not Dahboy!

Turn right or go straight ahead at Brecon Roundabout will take you to the higher League club, accordingly and in about the same time! ;) :laughing6:

Shocking performance, looks like our fight has gone.

3-0 can't wait to hear who Warnock blames today.
Last edited by Dahboy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm

How is Ralls in the team

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Another shocking performance. Why arnt we playing similar to Newcastle using our wingers? Sick and tired of not using the pace we have available.

Reid deserves a start made some great runs since coming on.

This team doesn’t even play for Warnock, anymore. Started seeing signs of that a few weeks ago, and I’ve yet to see anything to change my mind.

He needs to go. We will not achieve anything in this league with him as our manager now. I’d sooner see bloody OGS back with this squad, than watch Warnock drag us toward the end of the season. It’s bloody painful.

Brianclark5 wrote:How is Ralls in the team

Only just a championship player for me.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Brianclark5 wrote:How is Ralls in the team

Only just a championship player for me.

Whole team is championship players

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm

KWest wrote:This team doesn’t even play for Warnock, anymore. Started seeing signs of that a few weeks ago, and I’ve yet to see anything to change my mind.

He needs to go. We will not achieve anything in this league with him as our manager now. I’d sooner see bloody OGS back with this squad, than watch Warnock drag us toward the end of the season. It’s bloody painful.

Murphy and Reid lost there faith with him both been benched last couple of games

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:We will go down.

Normal service resumed! ;) :oops:

From me or the team?

No service at all from the team, so... ;)

What you are actually admitting we are not playing well :o

No, we are no better than last week and that was poor...but to say we're going down? :?

We have a lot to play for yet and we've exceeded expectation and produced results after a poor game; particularly at home

Disappointing that we're dropping back in to the bottom three with Arsenal to play away next weekend but to say we will go down at this point is pretty negative (not just by you either)

We might as well all give up and save some time, money and effort turning up? ;)

Quite right Sven. I think we've got a ten day break before Arsenal though, which is helpful.
I knew this game was knackered before we started actually , but that's the way the dice fall sometimes. We're in the process of reforming and effectively putting out a new team for the second half of the season and we're going to be vulnerable during that process .
I'm sorry but many of these knobbers don't understand the realities of this game and so they're surprised when things don't happen or change on their own, but require careful ajustment and very very hard work. Therefore they start this entirely negative whining when things don't happen as they imagined them.
Fortunately we do seem to be seriously undertaking this reformation process in a practical manner whilst the girls are screaming and wetting themselves in the background , so there's every reason to expect the required outcome over a period.
I'd hoped that we might have bummed a point today but we couldn't have expected to and we're stuck with the reality, which dies effectively mean that we'll have to be just a little bit better than we have been for the remaining games.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:We will go down.

Normal service resumed! ;) :oops:

From me or the team?

No service at all from the team, so... ;)

What you are actually admitting we are not playing well :o

No, we are no better than last week and that was poor...but to say we're going down? :?

We have a lot to play for yet and we've exceeded expectation and produced results after a poor game; particularly at home

Disappointing that we're dropping back in to the bottom three with Arsenal to play away next weekend but to say we will go down at this point is pretty negative (not just by you either)

We might as well all give up and save some time, money and effort turning up? ;)

Quite right Sven. I think we've got a ten day break before Arsenal though, which is helpful.
I knew this game was knackered before we started actually , but that's the way the dice fall sometimes. We're in the process of reforming and effectively putting out a new team for the second half of the season and we're going to be vulnerable during that process .
I'm sorry but many of these knobbers don't understand the realities of this game and so they're surprised when things don't happen or change on their own, but require careful ajustment and very very hard work. Therefore they start this entirely negative whining when things don't happen as they imagined them.
Fortunately we do seem to be seriously undertaking this reformation process in a practical manner whilst the girls are screaming and wetting themselves in the background , so there's every reason to expect the required outcome over a period.
I'd hoped that we might have bummed a point today but we couldn't have expected to and we're stuck with the reality, which dies effectively mean that we'll have to be just a little bit better than we have been for the remaining games.

Yes, I forgot it's FA Cup weekend to come :thumbright:

To make it worse, I'm actually travelling up to the Arsenal game, too! :lol: