Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Newcastle United v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Newcastle United win
30%
Cardiff City win
38%
Draw
33%

Total votes : 61

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ NEWCASTLE v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:We will go down.

Normal service resumed! ;) :oops:

From me or the team?

No service at all from the team, so... ;)

What you are actually admitting we are not playing well :o

I'm sure Warnock will blame the ref or something else for yet another poor performance.but hey after all we should t be in the prem like he keeps on saying every opportunity he gets haha

stentona wrote:Must admit without Arter AND Camarasa our midfield is shite. Definitely needs spicing up but Warnock I'm afraid is beginning to get on my man tits with 'poor old Cardiff' 'we're lucky to be here' mentality and the belief seems to be draining away from this team. Unless we get a couple more quality mids we're heading back to the Championship. Forwards need service.

Don’t forget his usual quote about the fans to direct the talk away from another embarrassing performance on the pitch

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:36 pm

We need to get rid of Warnock if we want to save our season. He has to go.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:37 pm

christ alive, why does holliet hold the ball so agonisingly long

welshrarebit wrote:Ralls doesn't do what we need. Gunnar is a destroyer. Camarasa needs help. We have no ball players that can just use the possession to create chances. We just hoof it.

Ralls is a passenger and should be nowhere near the team. Unfortunately we don't have anyone else!! Summer failure again.

Miserable buggers :old: :laughing6:

Dahboy wrote:We need to get rid of Warnock if we want to save our season. He has to go.

He’s just been given the ok to spend 15mill on a striker. He isn’t going anywhere. I don’t see who we could bring in that will change anything

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Dahboy wrote:We need to get rid of Warnock if we want to save our season. He has to go.

Yoooo Jerk bstrd!!!!!!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:38 pm

We are transitional and this game was always going to be hard as I said. Unless we can do something spectacular very very quickly and get a point then we've got a few problems , but we can solve them . There's a nice big break before Arsenal to work new players in , but that's why it's very urgent to move quickly in the window.
We've got to be slightly better now in the next half of the season than we were in the first,but that's quite possible with the new players and a bit of thought and it should be alright .

It was obvious that chucking a new player in was silly , which a lot of people here couldn't understand, but they also can't understand that there's a tactical shift taking place or that this will take at least a couple of weeks. This is real competitive football ,and it's not as easy as some think, but it can and I think most certainly will be done .

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:39 pm

2 massive games, 2 baffling team selections!!

Jimmykingz wrote:

He’s just been given the ok to spend 15mill on a striker. He isn’t going anywhere. I don’t see who we could bring in that will change anything

It’s not Warnock’s fault we just aren’t good enough.

We arent ready for the premier league.

Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:

From me or the team?

No, we are no better than last week and that was poor...but to say we're going down? :?

We have a lot to play for yet and we've exceeded expectation and produced results after a poor game; particularly at home

Disappointing that we're dropping back in to the bottom three with Arsenal to play away next weekend but to say we will go down at this point is pretty negative (not just by you either)

We might as well all give up and save some time, money and effort turning up? ;)

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:40 pm

whats there to be positive about should have lost against huddersfeild will loose today now back in bottom 3 everyone above us getting points

Llan_Blue wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:

Who picks the team? The buck stops with Warnock.
Last edited by Dahboy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirJimmySchoular wrote:We are transitional and this game was always going to be hard as I said. Unless we can do something spectacular very very quickly and get a point then we've got a few problems , but we can solve them . There's a nice big break before Arsenal to work new players in , but that's why it's very urgent to move quickly in the window.
We've got to be slightly better now in the next half of the season than we were in the first,but that's quite possible with the new players and a bit of thought and it should be alright .

It was obvious that chucking a new player in was silly , which a lot of people here couldn't understand, but they also can't understand that there's a tactical shift taking place or that this will take at least a couple of weeks. This is real competitive football ,and it's not as easy as some think, but it can and I think most certainly will be done .

I see where you’re coming from, but these last two games were unbelievably important and we’ve been poor at best in both games. Last week was a disgrace if everyone is honest with ourselves

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Ritchie’s ball comes off the head of Bennett at the near post. It goes out for a throw that eventually sees Rondon win it out wide on the right. He’s marshalled into the corner by Hoilett, before trickling a low ball towards the near post and into the arms of Etheridge.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:

From me or the team?

No, we are no better than last week and that was poor...but to say we're going down? :?

We have a lot to play for yet and we've exceeded expectation and produced results after a poor game; particularly at home

Disappointing that we're dropping back in to the bottom three with Arsenal to play away next weekend but to say we will go down at this point is pretty negative (not just by you either)

We might as well all give up and save some time, money and effort turning up? ;)

If you look at the remaining fixtures we have it is very hard to see where we pick up points.

4 points from these 2 games was a must and we got 1.

Hard to see how we do stay up now or where the next points come from.

These two games really were season defining no matter how positive you are.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Josh Murphy comes on for Mendez-Laing.

Cardiff finally have NML playing 30 yards further forwards and we have some threat. Why oh why NW plays Paterson and Hoilet week after week is beyond me.
Finally!!! Murphy coming on BUT as usual he takes off NML !

Unless they are both injured, to go into this game without Gunnarsson and Arter is absolute suicide.

If they are both injured then it just shows we need another CM.

Ralls is simply not up to this level and you only have to look st the games he’s started to work that one out. If you don’t have the players available to play the system, change it to at least give yourself a chance.

2 most important games of the season so far and we put in 2 poor performances :banghead:

Dahboy wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:

You're a Jack, it's obvious

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Sub

Matt Rictchie is coming off for Javier Manquillo. Newcastle in no hurry either as they look to close this one out.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:

From me or the team?

If you look at the remaining fixtures we have it is very hard to see where we pick up points.

exactly had to be a minimum 4 points from huddersfeild and today we were lucky to get 1 and lets face it arsenal away that will more than likely be another defeat so could be further adrift then u get to feb bournemouth watford everton at ccs what will we get from that if we loose at arsenal for me we need atleast 9 points out of 12 in febuary

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:49 pm

We cannot score We don’t build attacks We are going down .

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Jimmykingz wrote:

The players he’s got to pick from aren’t good enough for the premier league.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:51 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Sven wrote:

From me or the team?

It's hard to be positive after games like this (and last week's) but we've played two teams in a similar position and it was always going to be tough. However, we will (additional to Sala) be bringing in a couple more players during the window and will be more than capable of picking up points during the remainder of the season

I know positivity narks quite a few on here but I've been around long enough to know that the mood/outlook will change according to the result on any given day! ;)

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm

3-0

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Paterson is raising the white flag...... League 1 striker (at best) forcing route one. I don't mind route one but we are not that good at it. We never got promoted with him as a striker but now this is the game plan, we were promoted because of the wide forwards and getting the ball to them quickly. Now it smash it down the middle for a flick on like a Sunday morning team.