Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City Chairman issues statement '

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Today's game is an indicator of why we need players through the door this window.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Our fans do make me laugh.

The club can’t do any right it seems.

Perhaps people would rather Dalman said: “We’re not signing anyone, so tough shit.”

I know it’s not exciting, but all we can do is wait and see.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I just hope that the club take note after today’s performance. Premiership survival and £100m is there for the taking if we just brought in a couple of quality players. Never mind about the parachute payments, go for the £100-130m every season. The club wouldn’t have any debt in a short space of time.

Fulham probably thought that too.

Burnley and Huddersfield have spent a bit too.

You have to give yourself a chance. We are currently out of the bottom 3 and we all must agree that a couple of extra quality players and there is an even better chance of us surviving. I can’t work out why some fans are so paranoid about spending a penny. The club has done well to reduce the debt however we have spent 24m out of over 100m+. Look at the bigger picture and the rewards for survival. Why do so many Championship club spend £100m to try and get into the Premiership? Survive and the club wouldn’t have any debt. Fulham’s problem is they brought in 12 players & couldn’t work out what their best 11 were.

We have spent way more than that. There are far more expenses involved in running a football club than just the initial outlay in buying a player. We also started out with a massive minus figure on the balance sheet. I don't think any fans are paranoid about spending Tan's money. I think we would happily splash his cash given the chance. However, he has been up front with everyone, told us his plans, and as I said above, why the sudden change of mind by the fans. Most said they would rather be in Div 2 in blue than the PL in red. Had a feeling that would be a very short lived attitude.

BUT- financially it’s madness because we are in a great position to survive and thrive for the sake of spending a little more. Let’s just see what happens before the end of the window. Tan is a business man & can surely see that the club would be worth a lot more if we survived this season.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I just hope that the club take note after today’s performance. Premiership survival and £100m is there for the taking if we just brought in a couple of quality players. Never mind about the parachute payments, go for the £100-130m every season. The club wouldn’t have any debt in a short space of time.

you want to patent this idea. make a fortune , and nobody will ever be relegated again.

Grow up.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You have to give yourself a chance. We are currently out of the bottom 3 and we all must agree that a couple of extra quality players and there is an even better chance of us surviving. I can’t work out why some fans are so paranoid about spending a penny. The club has done well to reduce the debt however we have spent 24m out of over 100m+. Look at the bigger picture and the rewards for survival. Why do so many Championship club spend £100m to try and get into the Premiership? Survive and the club wouldn’t have any debt. Fulham’s problem is they brought in 12 players & couldn’t work out what their best 11 were.

We have spent way more than that. There are far more expenses involved in running a football club than just the initial outlay in buying a player. We also started out with a massive minus figure on the balance sheet. I don't think any fans are paranoid about spending Tan's money. I think we would happily splash his cash given the chance. However, he has been up front with everyone, told us his plans, and as I said above, why the sudden change of mind by the fans. Most said they would rather be in Div 2 in blue than the PL in red. Had a feeling that would be a very short lived attitude.

BUT- financially it’s madness because we are in a great position to survive and thrive for the sake of spending a little more. Let’s just see what happens before the end of the window. Tan is a business man & can surely see that the club would be worth a lot more if we survived this season.

Only the ITK (not!) negativos have stated that Vincent tan won't spend any money ;)

Sometimes (for varying reasons) it isn't so simple and takes time, patience and a little understanding; none of which are attributes held by quite a few (mainly the same people) on this Forum! :(

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

There are quite a few other clubs in a similar position, and I am sure their fans are saying the same as you. Spend more and try to survive. However, three clubs are going to go down even if they all spend lots more cash. Just means they still go down but in a worse financial position. All a gamble, and I think Tan will take a bit of a punt if the right players are available at the right price, and providing the players are prepared to come here. We still know exactly what Tan has previously told us, we know all about his plans to make the club debt free, and the present position should not come as a shock to anyone. Plenty of time left in this transfer window.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 pm

dogfound wrote:

you want to patent this idea. make a fortune , and nobody will ever be relegated again.

Grow up.

yes my post 100% meant grow up..........its the ramblings of a 5 year old and if it were that simple every club in trouble would just buy 2 quality players .

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:55 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Today's game is an indicator of why we need players through the door this window.

Without a doubt 100% agree.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 pm

mallo wrote:Sack the lot of them - blah blah fookioooing blah 2 points dropped gone begging welcome back to the championship

Well done :thumbup:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:53 am

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Only the ITK (not!) negativos have stated that Vincent tan won't spend any money ;)

Sometimes (for varying reasons) it isn't so simple and takes time, patience and a little understanding; none of which are attributes held by quite a few (mainly the same people) on this Forum! :(

Trouble is,he's damned if he does,and damned if he does with these posters,they (conveniently ) forget who has been single handily keeping this club of ours afloat,paying transfer fees,salaries,police etc the list is huge,and I for one am very grateful,wish they could just let go,and just concentrate on keeping our support,as vocal as possible,letting them know (as we have to date)that we are fully behind them,through the bad times and the good :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Why the sudden shock and horror of us having to work to a tight budget and spending such small amounts. Quite a few of us have been saying on this forum throughout the season that this is what would happen. Only the fantasists came on here and came out with amounts like £50m. Those of us who said we would spend small were shot down by the blue blinker brigade, but we were not looking at any crystal ball for our info. All we were doing was listening to what Tan and Warnock have been telling us for a long time, and not become deaf just because they were saying things we did not want to hear.

I am the same as every other fan on this forum. I would love us to spend big and pay over the top wages to attract the best players. I just happen to listen to what those at the top have had to say, and know this won't happen. I happen to believe our Chairman, and I am confident there is money available, just not silly amounts that will increase debts when Tan is trying to do the opposite. Fans may not like or agree with our way of conducting business, but it should be expected. Not long ago, nearly everyone seemed to be happy enough to be playing in the lower leagues providing it was in blue. The fans struck a deal with Tan, and as far as I can see it is not Tan who is breaking his end of the bargain.

Well said :thumbup:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 pm

If we were guaranteed to get 30k in the championship perhaps the purse strings would have been loosened, unfortunately 10k of fans will walk if relegated,

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:40 pm

dogfound wrote:

Grow up.

I think that post/comment was what is sometimes called 'ironic' and dogfound actually makes a valid point ;)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Haha - classic Stan..

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Today's game is an indicator of why we need players through the door this window.

Agree .

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Grow up.

I think that post/comment was what is sometimes called 'ironic' and dogfound actually makes a valid point ;)

Agree