Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Chairman issues statement '

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Cardiff City Chairman issues statement to reassure fans and reveals Emiliano Sala deal is NOT dead

BBC

Saturday 11th January 2019

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has issued a transfer update and told fans they won't be left disappointed with the Bluebirds' business this month.

Dalman revealed a deal for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala is not dead, although he admitted it seems unlikely the bid for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze can be revived.

Manager Neil Warnock has voiced his frustrations with business so far after the collapse of the Tameze deal followed Nathaniel Clyne's snub.

The Bluebirds are interested in Chelsea star Victor Moses, although the bookies believe he is far more likely to join relegation rivals Fulham.

But Dalman is remaining positive, telling BBC Radio Wales: "It has certainly been a testing window.

"It is not for trying. Neil's team, especially the scouts have worked really hard to come up with a list and to be honest with you, leading up to January, we thought we had two out of three in the bag.

"It didn't work out for all sorts of reasons, but there is no need to lose heart.

"We are very focused, very committed, we have good candidates and we are going to work through them.

"I guess in a way we counted our chickens before they were hatched.

"We really didn't think we would be disappointed with those two players because we had agreed on price, we had agreed every term, but for external reasons it did not happen.

"We will sit down and go through some names and hope to get them over the line in the next few days.

"Nothing is dead until it is dead, but as of this moment I don't think it is happening," he said of the Tameze deal.

"Sala, again, nothing is dead until it is dead, there is still dialogue going on and we will see what happens over the next few days.

"Fans should not worry the funds are not there, absolutely not, that would be extremely unfair.

"We made a very aggressive offer to Nice for Tameze, the midfield player; it wasn't a money issue at all.

"We are talking about a striker in the £18 million region, as has been rumoured, so money isn't the issue; the issue is finding the right player and the right price.

"Watch this space over the next 10 days.

"If we can't find the quality we want, we will have to go with what we've got, but I would be really, really surprised if that was the case.

"My message to the fans would be you have faith in the team, the manager and the club, stay with it, because I don't think we will disappoint you in the window."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Cardiff City Chairman issues statement '

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Great. So we can expect a new right back, a striker and a midfielder shortly then. And now with Connolly gone, we need another center back, yah? Can I suggest Memeth, Derrick Lucassen?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I'd started a topic on this earlier Annis,and judging on today's poor display,perhaps a few more needed :oops: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm

well lets see what happens we need a few in and quick

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:well lets see what happens we need a few in and quick

I think dalman has been quite open&honest,he says we have money,and as the saying goes"patience is a virtue" not bothered by getting players in in a rush,slowly slowly catchy monkey :ayatollah: #keep the faith :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Sack the lot of them - blah blah fookioooing blah 2 points dropped gone begging welcome back to the championship

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

"If we can't find the quality we want, we will have to go with what we've got" that again says everything I need to know if I am being honest.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

It,s ok saying sala deal not dead but if we had him we would have to get the ball to him,which does not look like happening.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:42 pm

mallo wrote:Sack the lot of them - blah blah fookioooing blah 2 points dropped gone begging welcome back to the championship

Sack Memahut and Winnie, and i think we will be fine!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

I do not believe this, the common consenses today from fans I talked to, was, City won’t pay the wages because of their low wage structure, to attract any quality! The board should be honest, you can’t bullshit a City fan. We’ve been her before !

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Great. So we can expect a new right back, a striker and a midfielder shortly then. And now with Connolly gone, we need another center back, yah? Can I suggest Memeth, Derrick Lucassen?

But we've lost camarasa to injury as well haven't we?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Although not on the same scale as Risdales “buy a season ticket and the money goes to transfers” bullshite, it’s the same kind of smoke screen.

They’re giving excuses before they’re needed.

Surely after today Tan and everyone else on the transfer committee must see we need reinforcements and some quality! Healey is not going to bring anything to this team other than a long throw (don’t say give the kid a chance, there’s a reason he’s only played league one and below)
Last edited by Jimmykingz on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm

We can only trust him on his word.

No point in us slagging the board off over this window until the window is over.

Because, let’s be honest, nobody else on here has a clue what the club are doing behind the scenes - some posters feel the need to be negative for the sake of it unfortunately.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:We can only trust him on his word.

No point in us slagging the board off over this window until the window is over.

Because, let’s be honest, nobody else on here has a clue what the club are doing behind the scenes - some posters feel the need to be negative for the sake of it unfortunately.

How many times have we heard this kind of rubbish though? I expected relegation at the beginning of the season but we have a genuine chance to stay up, the quality in the lower half of the league is not good

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 pm

For God's sake stop chasing Sala and look for a striker who wants to play for us. We are being told by Warnock that he has lost players while waiting for others who eventually don't to come hear.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:10 pm

mallo wrote:Sack the lot of them - blah blah fookioooing blah 2 points dropped gone begging welcome back to the championship

Somebody’s been on the piss today :lol:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Totally agree.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Bluesman wrote:For God's sake stop chasing Sala and look for a striker who wants to play for us. We are being told by Warnock that he has lost players while waiting for others who eventually don't to come hear.

Agree. Isn't this deal the kind of one we're supposed to be avoiding? £20m plus over the odds on wages to get an untested guy in the autumn of his career, who doesn't want to be here and has had one good season? At least Madine jumped at the chance of coming here!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Bluesman wrote:For God's sake stop chasing Sala and look for a striker who wants to play for us. We are being told by Warnock that he has lost players while waiting for others who eventually don't to come hear.

:thumbup:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Why the sudden shock and horror of us having to work to a tight budget and spending such small amounts. Quite a few of us have been saying on this forum throughout the season that this is what would happen. Only the fantasists came on here and came out with amounts like £50m. Those of us who said we would spend small were shot down by the blue blinker brigade, but we were not looking at any crystal ball for our info. All we were doing was listening to what Tan and Warnock have been telling us for a long time, and not become deaf just because they were saying things we did not want to hear.

I am the same as every other fan on this forum. I would love us to spend big and pay over the top wages to attract the best players. I just happen to listen to what those at the top have had to say, and know this won't happen. I happen to believe our Chairman, and I am confident there is money available, just not silly amounts that will increase debts when Tan is trying to do the opposite. Fans may not like or agree with our way of conducting business, but it should be expected. Not long ago, nearly everyone seemed to be happy enough to be playing in the lower leagues providing it was in blue. The fans struck a deal with Tan, and as far as I can see it is not Tan who is breaking his end of the bargain.
Last edited by Steve Zodiak on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Why the sudden shock and horror of us having to work to a tight budget and spending such small amounts. Quite a few of us have been saying on this forum throughout the season that this is what would happen. Only the fantasists came on here and came out with amounts like £50m. Those of us who said we would spend small were shot down by the blue blinker brigade, but we were not looking at any crystal ball for our info. All we were doing was listening to what Tan and Warnock have been telling us for a long time, and not become deaf just because they were saying things we did not want to hear.

I am the same as every other fan on this forum. I would love us to spend big and pay over the top wages to attract the best players. I just happen to listen to what those at the top have had to say, and know this won't happen. I happen to believe our Chairman, and I am confident there is money available, just not silly amounts that will increase debts when Tan is trying to do the opposite. Fans may not like or agree with our way of conducting business, but it should be expected. Not long ago, nearly everyone seemed to be happy enough to be playing in the lower leagues providing it was in blue. The fans struck a deal with Tan, and as far as I can see it is not Tan who is breaking his end of the bargain.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:06 pm

I just hope that the club take note after today’s performance. Premiership survival and £100m is there for the taking if we just brought in a couple of quality players. Never mind about the parachute payments, go for the £100-130m every season. The club wouldn’t have any debt in a short space of time.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Why the sudden shock and horror of us having to work to a tight budget and spending such small amounts. Quite a few of us have been saying on this forum throughout the season that this is what would happen. Only the fantasists came on here and came out with amounts like £50m. Those of us who said we would spend small were shot down by the blue blinker brigade, but we were not looking at any crystal ball for our info. All we were doing was listening to what Tan and Warnock have been telling us for a long time, and not become deaf just because they were saying things we did not want to hear.

This. As he didn’t when he changed to red.

If this clamour for more spending gets bigger then we will look even more foolish and dishonourable than we did when we started protesting at the Red when we stopped winning.

Fickle fans.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I just hope that the club take note after today’s performance. Premiership survival and £100m is there for the taking if we just brought in a couple of quality players. Never mind about the parachute payments, go for the £100-130m every season. The club wouldn’t have any debt in a short space of time.

Fulham probably thought that too.

Burnley and Huddersfield have spent a bit too.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:17 pm

maccydee wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I just hope that the club take note after today’s performance. Premiership survival and £100m is there for the taking if we just brought in a couple of quality players. Never mind about the parachute payments, go for the £100-130m every season. The club wouldn’t have any debt in a short space of time.

You have to give yourself a chance. We are currently out of the bottom 3 and we all must agree that a couple of extra quality players and there is an even better chance of us surviving. I can’t work out why some fans are so paranoid about spending a penny. The club has done well to reduce the debt however we have spent 24m out of over 100m+. Look at the bigger picture and the rewards for survival. Why do so many Championship club spend £100m to try and get into the Premiership? Survive and the club wouldn’t have any debt. Fulham’s problem is they brought in 12 players & couldn’t work out what their best 11 were.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 pm

you want to patent this idea. make a fortune , and nobody will ever be relegated again.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:

How many times have we heard this kind of rubbish though? I expected relegation at the beginning of the season but we have a genuine chance to stay up, the quality in the lower half of the league is not good

What exactly do you think the club should have done? It seems we’re trying everything to improve the squad without risking the financial turmoils of the past

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Ned, sadly you're spot on there! :(

Even sadder is that it is the same small but embarrassingly vocal group of individuals that are peddling the negativity; some in more than one name to amplify there negativity! :oops:

11:01pm on Thursday 31st January 2019 is the time to assess (often lots of last minute moves but hope our business is done before then) and at that point the negativos will either have a field day or be forced (without apology) to move on to their next target subject

I have no doubt the Board (Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo in particular) are working exceptionally hard to get in the players they believe will improve the team/squad rather than getting 'bodies' in just to blow smoke up supporters backsides in an effort to falsely appease

Let them do their jobs and they will be judged on their end of term results and not the mid-terms! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You have to give yourself a chance. We are currently out of the bottom 3 and we all must agree that a couple of extra quality players and there is an even better chance of us surviving. I can’t work out why some fans are so paranoid about spending a penny. The club has done well to reduce the debt however we have spent 24m out of over 100m+. Look at the bigger picture and the rewards for survival. Why do so many Championship club spend £100m to try and get into the Premiership? Survive and the club wouldn’t have any debt. Fulham’s problem is they brought in 12 players & couldn’t work out what their best 11 were.

We have spent way more than that. There are far more expenses involved in running a football club than just the initial outlay in buying a player. We also started out with a massive minus figure on the balance sheet. I don't think any fans are paranoid about spending Tan's money. I think we would happily splash his cash given the chance. However, he has been up front with everyone, told us his plans, and as I said above, why the sudden change of mind by the fans. Most said they would rather be in Div 2 in blue than the PL in red. Had a feeling that would be a very short lived attitude.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We have spent way more than that. There are far more expenses involved in running a football club than just the initial outlay in buying a player. We also started out with a massive minus figure on the balance sheet. I don't think any fans are paranoid about spending Tan's money. I think we would happily splash his cash given the chance. However, he has been up front with everyone, told us his plans, and as I said above, why the sudden change of mind by the fans. Most said they would rather be in Div 2 in blue than the PL in red. Had a feeling that would be a very short lived attitude.

Excellent response and reasoning, Steve Zodiak :clap:

Sadly, there are too many people (not just on this Forum) who have short or convenient memories on what has been said, what has been promised and what (in no small amount) has been delivered to date :thumbright: