Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR ME TODAYS RESULT WAS NO GOOD TO ANY CLUBS POSITION / HUD

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 pm

FOR ME TODAYS RESULT WAS NO GOOD TO ANY CLUBS POSITION / HUDDERSFIELD MIGHT FEEL THEY JUST DESERVED THE 3PTS.

Also my personal opinion its 2pts badly dropped and puts more pressure on us to beat the bigger clubs, which we have struggled to do so far this season.

Over all not a great game.

Huddersfield had not come to Cardiff to defend.

76th min a Penalty was awarded to Huddersfield,But then Linesman spoke to him and Ref changed his mind :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Neil Etheridge during the game had kept Cardiff in the game,making quite a few saves.

First-half Huddersfield deservedly shared the 0-0 h/t score, but Cardiff finished the stronger team :bluebird: rem though

Huddersfield are currently the worst side by far in the Premier League.

Huddersfield had lost their 9 previous games.

CARDIFF CITY 0 HUDDESFIELD 0
Crowd 30,725
Away Support 1,200 approx

Neil Etheridge Bruno Manga Sean Morrison Sol Bamba Joe Bennett Aron Gunnarsson Harry Arter Victor Camarasa Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Callum Paterson.

Subs Alex Smithies Lee Peltier Greg Cunningham Joe Ralls Josh Murphy Bobby Decordova-Reid Rhys Healey

In the first 5mins Mendez-Laing and Hoilett were putting Huddersfield's defence under plenty of pressure :bluebird: :bluebird:

Then Huddersfield put Cardiff under pressure with Etheridge having to be alert to keep out Mounie and Cardiff's defence kept busy.

In the 33rd min Neil Etheridge had tip a shot over the bar from Mounie.

But Cardiff finished the first-half the stronger team.

H/T 0-0 :bluebird:

It was a bright start by Cardiff, Hoilett and Paterson causing Huddersfield a few problems :bluebird:

But the bright start did not long last and Huddersfield once again looked the more lively.

62nd min Ralls came on for Camarasa, head injury.

Junior Hoilett booked, it looked a nasty tackle by Hoilett.

Rhys Healey came on for Mendez-Laing.

76th min a Penalty was awarded to Huddersfield Bennett fell, Huddersfield player fell over him. Ref gave a pen.
But then Linesman spoke, so he over ruled himself :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Joe Bennett was booked in the 82nd min.

Huddersfield finished the stronger team.

F/T 0-0

PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE UPDATED :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FOR ME TODAYS RESULT WAS NO GOOD TO ANY CLUBS POSITION /

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Man of the match
Over all not good by City's players, I just give it Etheridge for his few good saves and a clean sheet :bluebird:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

This was a cup final for Huddersfield. They needed to win to stand any chance of catching up and they haven't. They are going down. I will take the same 0 v 0 result against Newcastle next week as well. Yes it was awful today but avoiding defeat today was vital.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Mate we looked awful today against a very poor Huddersfield team, we will be in bottom three at this rate

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:This was a cup final for Huddersfield. They needed to win to stand any chance of catching up and they haven't. They are going down. I will take the same 0 v 0 result against Newcastle next week as well. Yes it was awful today but avoiding defeat today was vital.

It should of been a cup final for us as well :bluebird: :bluebird:

0-0 for me def not good enough.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Lets go to Newcastle and get the win :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Stay strong Bluebirds :bluebird:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Enough to keep us out of the relegation places providing that Newcastle don't win against Chelsea away , and that's very important psychologically. The Chairman's statement was very encouraging today, and this result has at least smuggled us through what could easily have been a damaging game . As I said elsewhere we need some new players as much to improve morale and to give the present team some encouragement as anything else .

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Annis, i watched the game on line today and it was dreadful, with Camarasa having a very quiet game we totally lacked quality all over the pitch and to be honest we were lucky to get a draw.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Enough to keep us out of the relegation places providing that Newcastle don't win against Chelsea away , and that's very important psychologically. The Chairman's statement was very encouraging today, and this result has at least smuggled us through what could easily have been a damaging game . As I said elsewhere we need some new players as much to improve morale and to give the present team some encouragement as anything else .

Yes Dalman has stated, us fans will be very happy by the end of January regarding players coming in :thumbright: :bluebird:

I still say though, this was also an awful result for us at home, Hudders had lost their previous 9 games and we could not even score against them.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

cityone wrote:Annis, i watched the game on line today and it was dreadful, with Camarasa having a very quiet game we totally lacked quality all over the pitch and to be honest we were lucky to get a draw.

I to watched it Paul, I agree a very poor game, no quality and if we are honest we were lucky to get a point.

NOT good enough a draw,the football etc

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Reply from FB

Darren Stevens Can’t understand why you would leave £20 million worth of signings on the bench and bring on a kid who has been on loan in league 1
What message does send out to Murphy and Reid

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:33 pm

A Special mention for the bizarre refereeing decisions. He and the lino on the grandstand side seemed to be all over the place.
The lino on the Ninian end was also dodgy - some decisions he got sport on - others seemed to be based on a flip of a coin in his head.
A frustrating match and 2 pts dropped

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:34 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:A Special mention for the bizarre refereeing decisions. He and the lino on the grandstand side seemed to be all over the place.
The lino on the Ninian end was also dodgy - some decisions he got sport on - others seemed to be based on a flip of a coin in his head.
A frustrating match and 2 pts dropped

I agree not a great Ref, but Linesman saved us from losing.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Reply from FB

Laurence Williams:
your write up made the game sound good lol terrible game

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Not sure why anyone is shocked about the result today. On paper they have a far better team than us. They've out played us in 2 games with 11 players on the pitch.

The fact we've got as many points as we have, is down to the fight and character the players have shown. It's unbelievable to be fair to them. Problem is, it's a long old season and we're just running out of steam now!!

On the game they probably deserved the win if we're being honest. We got a bit lucky on the pen.... how many time do you see a ref who had a good view change his mind!! I thought the one on Hoilett was a good shout as well. Unfortunately it looked like a challenge but he didnt get any of the ball and stopped Hoilett getting a tapping in, off a brilliant cross from Mendez!!

No need to say it we need signings before too many of those points slip away!!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Not sure why anyone is shocked about the result today. On paper they have a far better team than us. They've out played us in 2 games with 11 players on the pitch.

The fact we've got as many points as we have, is down to the fight and character the players have shown. It's unbelievable to be fair to them. Problem is, it's a long old season and we're just running out of steam now!!

On the game they probably deserved the win if we're being honest. We got a bit lucky on the pen.... how many time do you see a ref who had a good view change his mind!! I thought the one on Hoilett was a good shout as well. Unfortunately it looked like a challenge but he didnt get any of the ball and stopped Hoilett getting a tapping in, off a brilliant cross from Mendez!!

Huddersfield have lost their 9 previous games, they will have come to Cardiff feeling really low.

Udders did slightly deserve to win today.

But sorry I don't give us any credit today as we were at home against the bottom club and on paper that means not a lot nowadays.

It might upset some, but I would rather be honest, we were awful today.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Darren Stevens Can’t understand why you would leave £20 million worth of signings on the bench and bring on a kid who has been on loan in league 1

Exactly why I DONT EXPECT another 20million given for other players in this window tbh :bluescarf:

Today was dreadfull and lucky with a point annis :thumbup:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

Exactly why I DONT EXPECT another 20million given for other players in this window tbh :bluescarf:

Ian, agreed dreadful today and I agree those players should be playing :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Ian, agreed dreadful today and I agree those players should be playing :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

He then brings healy on whos he himself let out on loan to a league one side, I mean what sort of a message that tell murphy and reid, baffles me :shock:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Be grateful for small mercies, I don't think we deserved anything today so the point has to be a bonus.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

He then brings healy on whos he himself let out on loan to a league one side, I mean what does that tell murphy and reid, baffles me :shock:

Ian,

I am starting to worry about Warnock.

We lose to Burton & Gillingham

We get virtually hammered by every big club and have started to cave in, in some of the games.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Be grateful for small mercies, I don't think we deserved anything today so the point has to be a bonus.

:thumbup:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 pm

0-0 flattered us. Second best all afternoon. Hope it’s down to knocks like Warnock alluded to.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Can’t recall Etheridge making many saves tbh..point gained from a poor performance.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Not sure why anyone is shocked about the result today. On paper they have a far better team than us. They've out played us in 2 games with 11 players on the pitch.

We were dreadful today and dreadfully lucky. As much as the draw was disappointing for us it was more of a setback for Huddersfield. Fortunately with Fulham losing today we have made more daylight between us and the bottom two. But with Southampton and Burnley winning we have a real uphill struggle to claim 17th place. All our home games are difficult ones from here on in. I don't think we'll have any more signings before the transfer window closes and I think that was always the plan. If we achieve a miracle and stay up it will be by blood, guts and sheer luck. Here's hoping!

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm

I thought everyone but Arter looked shattered before first half was even over. We were a bit lucky (cheers ref!) to come away unbeaten.

Agree the team need a bit of a lift. Fingers crossed for decent signings.

Quite a bit of moaning and cynicism from some fans around me. :(

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:35 pm

It's game like these in this month that actually might give Warnock and the board a wake up call.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 am

:bluescarf:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm

:bluebird: