Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW “ NOT GOOD ENOUGH “

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Shocking display today, I have defended us against critics all season, but came away thinking we stole a point today. To be bossed out of the game by the bottom club was very sobering. Again we didn't look like scoring and the long throw tactic is getting embarrassing now. Well done to the crowd and the Canton end lads.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm

First time I’ve ever seen us getting beat in the air, we didn’t win anything at all and got beat to every second ball. Didn’t create anything at all either which makes you wonder what sane striker would want to join us after that.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Not one CCFC player had a good game. The best was Arter but that was pure passion and workrate rather than output. Worst game I’ve seen in a while from us.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:50 pm

I couldn't believe how we continually sat back today. Huddersfield were allowed to easily get into our half to construct attack after attack after attack. There were times their keeper had the ball and rolled it out with only Paterson in their half and the rest of our team retreated, camping ourselves into our own half to continually invite Huddersfield onto us.

We should have been pressing much higher up the park to force Huddersfield back and put them under pressure to make mistakes. Huddersfield would have then been forced to go long and concede possession. We totally lacked intensity today, only Arter played up to standard with his usual effort and work rate.

Huddersfield did a job on Camarasa to stop him playing. Everyone knows about Camarasa's quality now and we can expect more opponents to put plans together to stop him. It might have been a good idea to bring Ralls on in the middle and move Camarasa out wide to give him more time, space and freedom to express himself. We were getting completely outplayed and I felt we needed Ralls' fresh legs and energy in the middle, but then Camarasa went off injured so Ralls had to come on anyway.

I wish we had Mounie up front for us. I thought he led the line for Huddersfield superbly and gave them the platform to advance into our final third. I think Mounie showed us all what we are lacking up front today.

I don't have anything positive to say about our performance today. The only positive is we didn't lose the game despite playing so poorly and Huddersfield haven't gained on us. The Huddersfield fans must be totally gutted they didn't get the win they deserved today.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm

joeywills98 wrote:First time I’ve ever seen us getting beat in the air, we didn’t win anything at all and got beat to every second ball. Didn’t create anything at all either which makes you wonder what sane striker would want to join us after that.

Yep, even Morrison was getting beat in the air most of the time. Our trademark hoofs into the box and long throw ins were dealt with easily. Can't remember a game where almost all the team were as bad as Manga at passing to a team mate. The result was not the end of the world but we can't afford to lose 2 points to a team like Huddersfield.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Keep the faith. If you disagree you are not a true fan.

Absolute bullsh#t, they were utter garbage today. Extremely lucky to get a point, it was like watching us in the old Division 4.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Shocking display today, I have defended us against critics all season, but came away thinking we stole a point today. To be bossed out of the game by the bottom club was very sobering. Again we didn't look like scoring and the long throw tactic is getting embarrassing now. Well done to the crowd and the Canton end lads.

Totally agree. The stats against the team who are bottom of the league was embarrassing and the long throws all the time are pathetic but like you said well done the lads in the Canton for never giving up

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:13 pm

joeywills98 wrote:First time I’ve ever seen us getting beat in the air, we didn’t win anything at all and got beat to every second ball. Didn’t create anything at all either which makes you wonder what sane striker would want to join us after that.

As they lined up I was surprised how big they were but they also seemed able to move the ball.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:40 pm

I was there today and I thought it was dreadful.
What is it that everyone here has with Arter.
“ Headless chicken” comes to mind chases and harried but getting nowhere, losing headers and no creativity.
Yet Ralls and Gunnarson get hammered on here. I also don’t understand the Rhys Healey substitution and then he takes throw in’s a bit bizarre I thought. Never mind keep the faith

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Quite frankly we did not deserve anything.Who were the home team? If you cannot compete in midfield then there is a major problem.Ten men behind the ball at corners....??? Please someone explain. If Huddersfield had a striker it would have been a rout. Feeble, I have kept my opinion to myself all season but this debacle was beyond the pale.As for the keeper nubbing the ball into the third tier on four occasions you do have to wonder.We look like a pub team at present with at least two players two stone overweight for Christs sake...what the f**k is happening ????

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm

We were crap today ( just like we were last week): sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and admit you cannot polish a turd.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 pm

ElGwapo wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:Keep the faith. If you disagree you are not a true fan.

Grow up mate. Being critical of what was an awful performance doesn't make you less of a fan. I was there, one of the worst games in years and they need to be called out for it

Absolutely, that was total crap today. Outplayed and outclassed by the team who's bottom of the league ffs

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 pm

I think a few so called ‘supporters’ on here need to get a grip. I’m not sure how many have seen any Huddersfield games this season but, bar their end product, they’re not as bad as their position suggests. My missus is from Huddersfield so I’ve watched a few games and I knew we’d struggle today. If the league was judged on defence and midfield alone, they’d be mid table.
There were times today when I thought we might nick it, but we were poor - I mean we as supporters we poor - and struggled to give the team the backing that we’ve been so good at this season.

Let’s get our chins up and, most importantly, lets give the lads 90 minutes backing next time. We all have far more influence than we think. These messages of doom will only ensure we end up defeated

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Not good enough with Southampton winning and a result in the Burnley / Fulham game .

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:37 pm

The upside I can find is this will push Warnock and the board more to actually realise we do need signings and stop with this crap of Healey and Zohore potentially being the firepower and will turn it around.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 am

I can’t lie that was as poor as performance I’ve seen in a long time couldn’t string a pass together looked like a bunch of strangers in the most important game so far now makes toon even more important next Sat we got to get reinforcements ASAP as we did look tired today but you know Warnock I trust we are still right in the mix. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I've been positive throughout the season but yesterday was the lowest point for me.For me Warnock's trying to fill too many round holes with square pegs.The failure of Madine,Ward and Zahore, for whatever reason,was laid bare for all to see against a side who were begging to be beat.We started brightly enough but after 20mins its as if the Hudders team said to themselves "if this is all they've got then we may as well have a go".Luckily for us we met a side who's dire need for a striker is equal to ours.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 pm

For the first time yesterday, as I walked away from the stadium, I thought we will be relegated. We started brightly but after the first 15-20 minutes ,we offered nothing and never looked like scoring. We played far too many long balls and as much as I like CP, he struggled badly yesterday. We just didn’t get the ball down and try and play some football. I don’t know what tactics the players are sent on the pitch with but, they need to take some responsibility and change things themselves. NML had the beating of the left back but he wasn’t given the ball to have a go at him again. NE’s kicking from both the hand and foot was atrocious and there was little or no wind to cause him problems. I’ll still be there if we are relegated but I do like to see some of the best players,playing against us,even though it normally costs us points.

Re: ' Sala deal back on as Cardiff increase their offer '

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Sorry for not staying on topic but NW talks about gambling with 3 players against Huddersfield and you have to ask wny!?
There is no reason why he could not have played Ralls instead of Camarasa and Reid instead of Paterson - he could have even have used Murphy.
Use fit players Neil. I think we may have won the match if that was the case but you never know.
No shots on target says it all.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Sorry for not staying on topic but NW talks about gambling with 3 players against Huddersfield and you have to ask wny!?
There is no reason why he could not have played Ralls instead of Camarasa and Reid instead of Paterson - he could have even have used Murphy.
Use fit players Neil. I think we may have won the match if that was the case but you never know.
No shots on target says it all.

There might be reasons why NW didn't take those options. If a player hasn't trained well over the past week then they often get overlooked even if it is frustrating for fans. Trust in Neil he has his methods and does a dam better job than either you or I could.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Amongst all the second guessing above it was interesting that Neil talked about not warming subs correctly. I'll pay more attention to the subs next home match but we don't seem to be doing less that other clubs do.

:bluescarf: