Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW “ NOT GOOD ENOUGH “

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

MY VIEW “ NOT GOOD ENOUGH “

Huddersfield had the better of this match, but we need to win these fixtures if we want to stay up.

Neil Warnock named a strong team for this crucial match at Cardiff City Stadium.

Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Paterson

9th minute - Puncheon shot wide from distance for Huddersfield

15th minute - City denied what looked like a certain penalty as Hoilett was brought down in the box as he was about to tap in

24th minute - Bennett makes a crucial block to deny a certain Huddersfield goal

31st minute - Etheridge tips a shot over the bar

33rd minute - Harry Arter booked

40th minute - Bamba has a close range effort saved, but he was ruled offside anyway

42nd minute - Morrison inches away from giving City the lead from a Hoilett corner

Huddersfield were by far the better team in the first half.

HALF TIME: Cardiff City 0-0 Huddersfield Town

Slow start to the second half with no chances.

64th minute - Ralls replaces an injured Camarasa

70th minute - Paterson’s shot from distance deflected over the bar

71st minute - Hoilett booked

73rd minute - Mendez-Laing replaced by Healey

76th minute - Referee gives Huddersfield a penalty, but after speaking to linesman changes his mind

82nd minute - Bennett booked

91st minute - Gunnarsson shout blocked

FULL TIME: CARDIFF CITY 0-0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

Next up Newcastle United away next Saturday :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW “ NOT GOOD ENOUGH “

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Totally agree Ned, not good enough at all.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Terrible display. It's hard to watch this standard of football. I do it because I love city, but f**k me I might aswell go to pontcanna on a sat afternoon.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 pm

that was terrible battle of two poor teams it wouldnt have bothered me if we lost that

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Never look like winning this one which is very disappointing.

My fear is we will burn out now.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 pm

38% posession
0 shots on target
3 off target

At home Against bottom of the table

Camarasa injured
Bamba injured

Southampton won
Burnley won

Back in the bottom 3

Today was a chance to kill off one of our main rivals and we blew it

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Keep the faith. If you disagree you are not a true fan.

thomasblue wrote:
Back in the bottom 3

Only if Newcastle win away at Chelski!

thomasblue wrote:38% posession
0 shots on target
3 off target

At home Against bottom of the table

Camarasa injured
Bamba injured

Southampton won
Burnley won

Back in the bottom 3

Today was a chance to kill off one of our main rivals and we blew it

Bottom 3?
Which table are you looking at?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 pm

That display against the bottom team in the table, was dreadful. Huddersfield were by far the better team and looked the more likely team to win. Some of our fans ridiculed Huddersfield’s purchases of Puncheon this week, but he was the most influential player on the pitch today. Only Manga, Bamba, Mendez-Laing and Arter were any good for Cardiff today although Gunnarson did try hard. We NEED to buy at least three players in the next 19 days otherwise, we shall be lucky to escape relegation. It is up to you Messrs Tan and Warnock.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

No. Could have been a lot worse.
This is a crucial stage and, as I've said before , we need player input because the boys are burned out from constantly giving 120%. That's not only form the point of view of increasing our rescources, but perhaps even more importantly from the point of view of morale, which needs a boost

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

We barely created any chances. Patterson for me is not the anwser to our scoring problem. We need someone in ASAP, I thought Healey made some good runs. I'd give him a start next game with Patterson or Reid.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 pm

It’s more than likely we are going down with hudds and Fulham.
It’s hardly a surprise is it? By far the lowest wages, probably still less than a few chsmpionship clubs.
No strikers....
Minimum investment.
You reap what you sew as they say :old:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm

fulham splashing out dosh yet losing to burnley. atleast we're not in their position :)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

That was a championship match!
Will be joining Huddersfield going down unless we strengthen and inject touch of creativity and a goal threat!
Can’t carry on playing a right back up front even though he’s done well in long term he’ll get found out.

Feeling worried now! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm

BARTZ73 wrote:That was a championship match!
Will be joining Huddersfield going down unless we strengthen and inject touch of creativity and a goal threat!
Can’t carry on playing a right back up front even though he’s done well in long term he’ll get found out.

Why worry? It was a miracle we went up anyway.....with Murphy and Reid alone we will give the chsmpionship a good go next season if we do go down. Be nice if kenny Ken realised his worth too

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Trouble is, what’s the point of going up, to come back down. Warnock must be disillusioned as hell with no backing.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:46 pm

my views

We continue to play a defender up front alone hat off to Warnock for trying but it is not working.

We are still humping these balls back up the pitch to the opposition instead of concentrating on positioning and passing the ball out.. Yes we have to clear balls yes we may see a player available to put a long ball to but it's pretty horrific at times.

1st 15 minutes or so laing looked great then he was never getting to see the ball for long periods of time.

Victor running his arse off with arter and everyone else is eating for the ball to arrive at there feet instead of moving into position.

We can almost blame the players but this is down to tactics and the tactics were clear to play for a draw and see if any pops up with the kids at school tactics that goods the ball at any opportunity.

Huddersfield bottom of the league and pretty much the worse team in the league and we can't get a shot off.

Time to pack in Patterson upfront and time to start training on passing and I love Patterson's will to take on the position but it is not working.

Glad Murphy was left out today as he needs a wake up call.

Give Reid a chance because he isn't getting one

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

goats wrote:
BARTZ73 wrote:That was a championship match!

Why worry? It was a miracle we went up anyway.....with Murphy and Reid alone we will give the chsmpionship a good go next season if we do go down. Be nice if kenny Ken realised his worth too

I don’t want to be in the championship we all know how hard it is to get out of it

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm

We looked absolutely shot, chasing shadows for most of the game and unable to string 2 passes together.
Very poor and very worrying.
The club knew we had 2, 6 pointer games and failed to bring anyone in where needed to support NW.
That said it was a point gained rather than 2 points dropped.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Ah well we just played the worst team in the league and they were miles better than us.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Very poor today, totally outplayed from start to finish. Only time we had a bit of momentum was when they had the penalty overruled.

Warnock subs were also poor, Healy ahead of Reid or Murphy? Healy needs to be sent back other than giving the ball away he offered nothing.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Let’s be honest we were pathetic today. Huddersfield deserved to win by a mile. There was only 1 team that looked like winninand it wasn’t us.

Time after time we won the ball and then gave it straight back to them. We couldn’t put 2 passes together.

We were very very lucky to get a point. Surely we can’t play as poorly again this season?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Pathetic we played for draw against them!!! For Their corners we put no one up from the start so they had freedom to do what they liked, 3 shots none on target says everything about NW mindset for this game. And it's not about players in or strikers it's about poor tactics as someone said Healy on instead of ried what message does that sen him? :old:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 pm

All Hudd needed was someone like Rondon up front and they would of had a couple.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Weird how we can go to Leicester and win and play so bad today. Crucial 2 points dropped, could cost us at season end.
As for Neil be moaning not be backed, he’s hardly done great with the big money signg7ngs has he? Tomlin, madine, Reid Cunningham.....Murphy ok and two good loans. He’s great at finding nuggets for nothing our Neil.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Trouble is, what’s the point of going up, to come back down. Warnock must be disillusioned as hell with no backing.

I reckon a lot of clubs fans have thought this you mnow :lol:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 pm

nubbsy wrote:Terrible display. It's hard to watch this standard of football. I do it because I love city, but f**k me I might aswell go to pontcanna on a sat afternoon.

Totally agree and can’t believe some posters on here believed Etheridge was our best player. The worst kicking game by a goalie I have seen here since Scotland’s number 1 was here.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Dawnfox wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Terrible display. It's hard to watch this standard of football. I do it because I love city, but f**k me I might aswell go to pontcanna on a sat afternoon.

Totally agree and can’t believe some posters on here believed Etheridge was our best player. The worst kicking game by a goalie I have seen here since Scotland’s number 1 was here.

I always defend him but today it was shocking, how many times did he kick it straight into touch and the other times straight to Hoilett over and over again, why.

He should throw it out more though, actually effective with that today.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Keep the faith. If you disagree you are not a true fan.

Grow up mate. Being critical of what was an awful performance doesn't make you less of a fan. I was there, one of the worst games in years and they need to be called out for it