Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: " WE DID NOT PLAY WELL / WE NEED HELP "

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

'We didn't deserve to win' and did not play very well, we need help"

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock to Match of the Day on the penalty decision: "I think it is good there was an experienced linesman. There was not enough contact for a penalty and the linesman made him change his mind. If that had won them the game I would've been disappointed.

"But I think there was a clear penalty for us on Junior Hoilett - the lad did not see him coming and took him out.

"I'm disappointed - we didn't play very well, we had one or two players with injuries but they gave me a shift and if you cannot win a game you have to keep a clean sheet.

"Hopefully I will get a few players in. We're trying hard and will continue to do that, you can see we need help."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " WE DID NOT PLAY WELL / WE NEED HELP "

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NEIL WARNOCK:

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock to Match of the Day on the penalty decision: "I think it is good there was an experienced linesman. There was not enough contact for a penalty and the linesman made him change his mind. If that had won them the game I would've been disappointed.

"But I think there was a clear penalty for us on Junior Hoilett - the lad did not see him coming and took him out.

"I'm disappointed - we didn't play very well, we had one or two players with injuries but they gave me a shift and if you cannot win a game you have to keep a clean sheet.

"Hopefully I will get a few players in. We're trying hard and will continue to do that, you can see we need help."

Way to defensive for playing a bottom of the table team at home need to start Reid with Patterson upfront when playing teams like this
Then playing Healy when we have two far better attackers on the bench I honestly did not know what was going through Warnocks mind to bring him on

Onto Newcastle :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 pm

I can see us taking a hiding against the toon

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Just throwing this out there but it wasn't a bad time for the team to put in such a bad performance when you think that the transfer window is open ;)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:12 pm

rhblue wrote:

Way to defensive for playing a bottom of the table team at home need to start Reid with Patterson upfront when playing teams like this
Then playing Healy when we have two far better attackers on the bench I honestly did not know what was going through Warnocks mind to bring him on

Onto Newcastle :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Felt like the game was made for Reid.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:31 pm

NW said Patterson was carrying a knock (thigh bandage) so why not leave him out change system put reid upfront ! Then he puts Healy on ahead of reid that's daft he's making things hard by his own decision making..... :roll:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm

No shit, Neil.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Not really sure that we need help as much as we need a plan b because 22 games in it seems to me there is no difference to the way we approach games, be it Liverpool or Huddersfield, it's just keep the defensive shape and hope a long hoof upfield or a long throw will supply a goal.

I couldn't believe that Rhys Healey got on ahead of Reid or Murphy today until I realised Healey has something the others two don't. A LONG THROW. ;)

Forget the £15-20m spent on Reid or Murphy because we have a kid with a long throw.

We need help my arse.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Patterson is done as a striker for the foreseeable future,hopeless today.
I’m struggling to see how Warnock is your begging for money to buy a striker when he constantly leaves out Reid and Murphy who cost over £10 mill each.
That was piss poor today.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Quite right you need help but from the board Neil, not officials.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:17 pm

What better game to change it up and go for it which is what i wanted bottom ofthe league at home and we play the same system but even worse, 2 points down the swani and some still cannot see we need new recruits even if its just to give players a rest or rotate players to keep a fresh team and players on there toes incase they loose there place in the team.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:12 am

Wolfpac wrote:I can see us taking a hiding against the toon

Newcastle are not great at home and under pressure, we will need to improve but I don't see us taking a hiding if we play anywhere near our best.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:NW said Patterson was carrying a knock (thigh bandage) so why not leave him out change system put reid upfront ! Then he puts Healy on ahead of reid that's daft he's making things hard by his own decision making..... :roll:

He doesn't rate or trust Reid does he, understandable really he's done f**k all for us!!!

It did look like a bit of pace would have torn them apart mind, maybe Murphy?

It looked like he set up not to lose yesterday, and I can't deny we were rubbish!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:28 pm

He picks the team
He has final say on the transfers
He decides the substitutions
He agrees the tactics

When Morrison was looking to go off Peltier was warming up - Safe option but we could have dropped junior to play there as a gamble

Camarasa goes off and Ralls a genuine 8 came on alongside Arter an 8 and Gunner a static 8 (never a dm) with Reid and Murphy pure attackers on then bench !!!!!! Cowardly.

If we lost yesterday it wouldn't have been catastrophic, a win would have distanced us and Huddersfield, a draw was safety first .....Warnocks underdog mentality stops us being a front foot team against similar or lower ranked teams.

The Paterson thing caught a few overly analysed teams a shock, its known now. How many headers did he win ? I think Holiett won more !!!! Why was he so far forward at restarts on such a breezy day ? He gave us physicality, aggression and mobility not technique or skill so we play him injured !

On plus note...As bad as we were, Huddersfield remind me of Brentford; pretty but ineffective. Fulham find ever cleverer ways of losing, so there is only one team we need to find worse than us.

We are ending an era. I can't see Warnock staying next season what ever happens. He hasn't the time to build a two season team. Football has changed, we made Huddersfield look like Spain yesterday by constantly returning possession back to them. I wouldn't want to overdo the possession thing, but aimless pumps up field is from a bygone era or far lower down the pyramid.

I live in hope

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Firstly, let me state that it was awful yesterday and I’m as frustrated by the performance as anyone. NW also admitted it was a poor performance.

However, Huddersfield had to beat us and we needed to make sure we didn’t lose. I suspect that is why we didn’t express ourselves offensively.

We also don’t have the right to go out and beat another Prem team like many on this Messageboard seem to expect...we are a team of Championship players playing in the Premier League, and they are fighting tooth and nail to establish our club in the top flight.

Comments about who should have played or who should have been subbed on make me smile....those who are saying Reid and Murphy should have played because they cost us millions are the same posters who have slagged them for their lackluster performances when they have been given a chance. Just because you cost £10m doesn’t guarantee you a starting position if your form is poor.
Neither you or I have been at the training ground last week - if we had, we may have seen Healey scoring for fun, and Reid and Murphy not filling the manager with enough confidence to play them. NW sees them every day, knows when they are on it or not and that’s why I trust him to make the right decisions.

I know a poor performance is frustrating, but we didn’t lose yesterday. We are still not in the drop zone and we are still in with a chance of staying up. NW gets more things right than wrong and he has got us to this position so let’s get behind Him and the boys because the last thing they need is negativity from us fans.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: