Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Failed Tactic..... Tried and Tested.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Long Throw...

Never worked once in this league... Mozza is Surrounded and there is little support for him from officials.

high time they switch and try to catch teams out with short ones.... :banghead:

Re: Failed Tactic..... Tried and Tested.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:26 pm

The experiment of putting ball in air for Morrison failed as Well., Be far better keeping it away from the goalie ? :roll:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Too predictable. We might have had success from it in the early days, not anymore.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Drives me f*cking nuts!

Use it sparingly by all means but EVERY f*cking THROW IN from the 18 yard box is so predictable.

And if it's going to be used aim for somebody other than Morrison for a change. We've got Bamba, Manga and Paterson who can all head the ball but every long throw, every corner, every free kick is aimed at Morrison.

So easy for teams to defend against.

And as somebody said in another thread it seems the main reason Healy was brought on ahead of £20m worth of signings as a sub was because he's got a long throw. :o :o :o :o

Change it up every now and again. Plain stupidity to persist with a tactic which is a constant failure.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm

While it doesn't create chances it can create other chances or corners etc. Better than just losing it.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:While it doesn't create chances it can create other chances or corners etc. Better than just losing it.

Which we also don't score from.

Because they're all aimed at Morrison.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:21 pm

davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:While it doesn't create chances it can create other chances or corners etc. Better than just losing it.

Granted but it keeps a pressure up. A short throw in would gain us what? Probably lose the ball. We are direct. Sadly we don't mix it up.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:

Granted but it keeps a pressure up. A short throw in would gain us what? Probably lose the ball. We are direct. Sadly we don't mix it up.

Short throw in will probably mean ball going back to etheridge ! :shock:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:36 pm

davids wrote:

so you don't want corners or 2nd phase either..waw.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:

Short throw in will probably mean ball going back to etheridge ! :shock:

that did happen twice in the spurs game at Wembley { the game we abandoned it } the rest of the time it just resulted in spurs breaking into our half .
but it don't matter coz corners free kicks and generally winning 2nd ball around their area is crap anyway :?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:

Not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is mix it up with a few long throws and a few short throws instead of every throw being a long one.

And aim for somebody else from the set pieces every now and then instead of aiming everything at Morrison.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 pm

It's like everyone can see it apart from Warnock. We loose possession and position every single time. Park tactics. Do it one in 3 or 4 times catch them by surprise but it's so predictable teams know exactly how to set up for it.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Well don't f*cking loose it them simple. Give the ball to a winger and play footall ffs.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:03 pm

We got a goal directly from it Watford away.

Considering how few goaos we've scored I'd consider it a success.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Aramore wrote:We got a goal directly from it Watford away.

One goal every 900 attempts not a great success rate though is it?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm

davids wrote:
dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:

Not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is mix it up with a few long throws and a few short throws instead of every throw being a long one.

And aim for somebody else from the set pieces every now and then instead of aiming everything at Morrison.

Take Saturday every corner and free kick was aimed at far post for Morrison! Freekicks came to nothing as delivery was poor and the corners went far post and goalie picked off 99% of them, yet we had a group of our players on pen spot every corner waiting for a ball that never arrived ! Great dummy manoeuvre but pointless. :old:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm

If we didn’t have a long throw we’d have very little to get the crowd going. As soon as that ball goes out 20 yards inside the opposition half the stadium gets behind the side.

The success rate has dropped dramatically, but you never know. Get the ball into the box however we can!

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:

Exactly, we are a limited team and it is a way of building some pressure and putting the other team on the back foot. If we do lose the ball where is better, in the opponent's penalty box, or on the wing, so they can pass it straight down the line, it makes me laugh the number of experts on here telling Warnock what to do :roll:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Is that the only time you can pick out after 5/6 years of doing them?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Is that the only time you can pick out after 5/6 years of doing them?

I remember Rudy scoring a header directly from a throw-in against Forest a few years ago :old: