Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PACE

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Just got in from the match - 4 hour plus drive for me. Sorry if this has already been said.
Also apologies for saying the same thing week after week!!
For me this a game Huddersfield needed to win.
Therefore I can reluctantly accept a tactic of playing in the break, even at home against the bottom team.
BUT to catch them on the break you need PACE.
We had NML and he was our only pace forward and our only threat.
In the first 30 mins, he created our only golden chance and got their full back booked cos Laing had the beating of him.

We should be playing two pace y forwards against a team at the bottom at home. BE prefers to play Hoillet.
BUT what does Warnock do for the last 20 minutes? He takes off NM L our best forward (was he injured??) and leaves in Paterson for the 90 minutes. For the last 20 mins Huddersfield are committing more forward. Ideal for Murphy to run at them on the break.
To rub salt into things in the radio BE said maybe a game too far for Paterson and he was carrying a niggle. :shock: :shock:
There were, of course other issues. The team as a whole were poor. But the lack of goal threat in the line up was madness!
(On a positive.... We didn't lose... Even though we should have).
:thumbup: :wave:

Re: P A C E

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Lengee wrote:Just got in from the match - 4 hour plus drive for me. Sorry if this has already been said.
Therefore I can reluctantly accept a tactic of playing in the break, even at home against the bottom team.
In the first 30 mins, he created our only golden chance and got their full back booked cos Laing had the beating of him.

We should be playing two pace y forwards against a team at the bottom at home. BE prefers to play Hoillet.
BUT what does Warnock do for the last 20 minutes? He takes off NM L our best forward (was he injured??) and leaves in Paterson for the 90 minutes. For the last 20 mins Huddersfield are committing more forward. Ideal for Murphy to run at them on the break.
To rub salt into things in the radio BE said maybe a game too far for Paterson and he was carrying a niggle. :shock: :shock:
There were, of course other issues. The team as a whole were poor. But the lack of goal threat in the line up was madness!

We couldn't use pace even if wanted to? When defending free kicks corners we had 11 men in pen area no chance of breaking out as etheridge had no one to pass too. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Lengee wrote:Just got in from the match - 4 hour plus drive for me. Sorry if this has already been said.

We couldn't use pace even if wanted to? When defending free kicks corners we had 11 men in pen area no chance of breaking out as etheridge had no one to pass too. :mrgreen:

Agreed :lol: 11 men behind the ball most of the game :)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 pm

rhblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

NW played for a draw from the start which is totally nuts given the opposition. :roll:

Re: PACE

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Buying two players with pace and an eye for goals costs approx 22/24m imagine if we had that on the bench... What a difference that could make.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Buying two players with pace and an eye for goals costs approx 22/24m imagine if we had that on the bench... What a difference that could make.

not you as well.?
22/24 mill really ?
I am not against buying players but finding 2 pacey players with an eye for goal that actually come off and cost 10/12 mill each ...waw.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Agree Reid should of been brought on and Healey should of started for MK Dons

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
rhblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

NW played for a draw from the start which is totally nuts given the opposition. :roll:

100% agree it’s like his doesn’t have enough confidence for us to attack, gets paranoid we will let a goal in :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 am

As stated in the OT, it seemed obvious that NML was our main threat. To leave us with Stetson and Rhys Healy upfront at the end, with no one to provide crossed and service was criminal.
The other thing that was obvious after 20 mins was that Billing in midfield was running the show.
I hoped at half time that NW would bring on Murphy for Patterson, so we had pace to go at them, and He would adapt to close down Billing.

He did neither and we were very lucky to get a draw. To compound our problems he took off Laing our only threat! (but I assume injured?!?).
I know it is easy to criticise, but I am still totally puzzled by this today.
:thumbup: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:01 am

NML legs were gone and looked very unfit, NW made reference to fitness in his post match interview stating players need to train harder.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:18 am

Llan_Blue wrote:Agree Reid should of been brought on and Healey should of started for MK Dons

:laughing5: