Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Out of our depth!!!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:28 am

NEIL WARNOCK IS OUT OF HIS DEPTH

Sadly Warnock is looking out of his depth , the way he was screaming at Gunnarsson to leave Rhys healey take the long throws when he came on done it for me . The long throw against premier league opponents hasn’t worked all season yet they still do it , it’s never varied , it’s predictable and easy to defend , that’s our plan A , we gave no other plan , we have no creativity in attack , we expect too much from a lone striker with no service and who isn’t really a striker. The crossing is poor , the passing is slow and poor . We have footballers and pace to burn but they are left on the bench . We play bottom of the league at home with an injured striker up front on his own , we were lucky to get a draw , at times they took the mick out of us , in 90 mins of football we had zero shots on target.

Our commitment is brilliant , they try their hearts out , that is not going to be enough to stay up .

If we want to stay in this league we need to alter the way we play ,Morrison needs a rest ,manga should CB . A right back needs to play at right back , we need a striker and a top class winger . We also need a top class coach who can teach the players to shoot instead of scuffing the ball all the time. Warnock has gone on record as saying he hasn’t had great success at finding strikers in his career , well to me it looks more the case of his teams aren’t set up to let attacking play thrive , it’s set up to protect the back four . Any striker in the world would struggle in this set up . Yesterday’s performance was dog shit , simple as

I am one unhappy supporter but I will still be cheering them on next game and looking for an improvement.

Re: Out of our depth!!!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:47 am

Summed up pretty well

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 am

Excellent post and spot on

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 am

We ve know from first game of the season that the current players weren’t good enough for the premier league,they give their all but it’s not good enough,it’s painful to watch and in all honesty it’s not enjoyable,for the first time yesterday,boos were heard and that’s a worry

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 am

caerblue wrote:We ve know from first game of the season that the current players weren’t good enough for the premier league,they give their all but it’s not good enough,it’s painful to watch and in all honesty it’s not enjoyable,for the first time yesterday,boos were heard and that’s a worry

The boo’s were aimed at the referee.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:26 am

I'll agree to some of that but Warnock is not out of his depth, the players are.

And most certainly Tan is, he's tried to spend little and stay in this league, massive gamble that is now going wrong because relying on the January window (on minimal funding) is an even more massive gamble.

Warnock's not to blame, the players are not to blame - Tan is milking out what he put in - it's a business after all and he wants a return - but he needs to realise quickly the big monies are about to disappear if we go down, I'm not sure it'll go down to the wire now, I think we will free fall unless players come in and that's no disrespect to the players (apart from yesterday they've punched above their weight) but they need some help, a bit more class/quality and an on field leader - let Morrsion just get on with his job - seems to me he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 pm

I honestly can’t see how you can blame tan we had 30 MILLION sat on the bench yesterday that is massive plus 7 million in madine

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:11 pm

We have now had three very poor home performances, if we keep on like yesterday the crowd might turn against Warnock. Tactics are awful long balls from the keeper long throw in . 30 million pound of players onnthe bench . Tem million pound of players shipped out . I fear that we will go down .

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 pm

DEANO wrote:I honestly can’t see how you can blame tan we had 30 MILLION sat on the bench yesterday that is massive plus 7 million in madine

£30m on bench my arse, actual cost no longer takes into account how good a player is, values are stupid and way over the top, £10m max and that's pushing it!

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:37 pm

I’m certain we will be relegated but then I’m not bothered either. More than ever the PL is about the big 6, the money is now ridiculous. The £100m or so is not enough when an average PL player will cost £25m and wages of £5m a year.
Our problem is that we got promoted when we weren’t ready! Ideally you need a core of players who have come through the ranks and are capable of stepping up and shining at the top level. We don’t have any. We also need a style of football that involves being able to keep the ball and to create. We are lacking badly there too.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm

arri potta wrote:I'll agree to some of that but Warnock is not out of his depth, the players are.

And most certainly Tan is, he's tried to spend little and stay in this league, massive gamble that is now going wrong because relying on the January window (on minimal funding) is an even more massive gamble.

Warnock's not to blame, the players are not to blame - Tan is milking out what he put in - it's a business after all and he wants a return - but he needs to realise quickly the big monies are about to disappear if we go down, I'm not sure it'll go down to the wire now, I think we will free fall unless players come in and that's no disrespect to the players (apart from yesterday they've punched above their weight) but they need some help, a bit more class/quality and an on field leader - let Morrsion just get on with his job - seems to me he's got the weight of the world on his shoulders!

So this is all Tans fault?? was it tans fault not to bring in a striker in the summer?? was it tans fault to leave £10 million in the pot not spent in the summer?? was it tans fault that we didn't bring in a right back in the summer?? is it tans fault that the manager spent £20 million on reid + murphy and hardly plays them, especially reid?? is it tans fault that we can't put more than two passes together and rarely have any shots on goal?? I've said many times on here and stand by it that Warnock is totally out of his depth in this league, yesterday summed it up for me when we should be looking to press and win the game he leaves two players with serious pace on the bench (reid + murphy) and brings on healey, unbelievable, what warnock done last season in taking us up was work of a legend but in my opinion he's now run his race,

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Paul’s Taxi wrote:NEIL WARNOCK IS OUT OF HIS DEPTH

Sadly Warnock is looking out of his depth , the way he was screaming at Gunnarsson to leave Rhys healey take the long throws when he came on done it for me . The long throw against premier league opponents hasn’t worked all season yet they still do it , it’s never varied , it’s predictable and easy to defend , that’s our plan A , we gave no other plan , we have no creativity in attack , we expect too much from a lone striker with no service and who isn’t really a striker. The crossing is poor , the passing is slow and poor . We have footballers and pace to burn but they are left on the bench . We play bottom of the league at home with an injured striker up front on his own , we were lucky to get a draw , at times they took the mick out of us , in 90 mins of football we had zero shots on target.

Our commitment is brilliant , they try their hearts out , that is not going to be enough to stay up .

If we want to stay in this league we need to alter the way we play ,Morrison needs a rest ,manga should CB . A right back needs to play at right back , we need a striker and a top class winger . We also need a top class coach who can teach the players to shoot instead of scuffing the ball all the time. Warnock has gone on record as saying he hasn’t had great success at finding strikers in his career , well to me it looks more the case of his teams aren’t set up to let attacking play thrive , it’s set up to protect the back four . Any striker in the world would struggle in this set up . Yesterday’s performance was dog shit , simple as

I am one unhappy supporter but I will still be cheering them on next game and looking for an improvement.

I'm afraid your title says it all you didn't need to write anything else.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I’m certain we will be relegated but then I’m not bothered either. More than ever the PL is about the big 6, the money is now ridiculous. The £100m or so is not enough when an average PL player will cost £25m and wages of £5m a year.
Our problem is that we got promoted when we weren’t ready! Ideally you need a core of players who have come through the ranks and are capable of stepping up and shining at the top level. We don’t have any. We also need a style of football that involves being able to keep the ball and to create. We are lacking badly there too.

Agree with that mate.. when Man City have Mahrez on the bench at £60M, we cant compete. What Warnock has done tho' is reduce the debt, and is the clubs saviour in effect. Can understand people being disappointed, some take it too seriously.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Time of the month is it babe??

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

You may be right. But Huddersfield, Fulham, Burnley , Southampton, Newcastle and Palace also look out of their depth too.

The big 6 may stay big and dominate the sport, but every 20 years or so there will be a Leicester to break the monotony. The big 6 need us at our level to make up a good number of fixtures and therefore income for their teams - more fixtures means more games on TV and more revenue.

We are lucky in the Premier League to have a big 6, and not a big '2 or 3' like in many European countries. Also, despite the big gap between us and the big 6, it is nowhere near as big as the gap in other European leagues.

You may not enjoy it - but you are probably one of those people who has never learnt to lose with dignity - a big failing in today's society.

What is the point of following a team if you don't want it to be the best it can possibly be? If the Premier League is so bad, why do so many teams pay millions of pounds to have a crack at it? You ask any fan of any team in the lower divisions if they'd rather be "out of their depth" in the Premier League or struggling in their own lower division and you know what they'd say.

Be careful what you wish for - we are in a privileged position as probably one of the top 50 clubs in the world!

Some people are just ungrateful.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Terrible game yesterday, but again players are giving there all. I believe that they are at there maximum. We don't hold the ball and never control midfielder, thus always on the back foot. Hoilett and Mendez are the best selections for me, Reid and Murphy have had more than enough chances to claim a first team shirt and have failed, so all this nonsense about having all this money's worth of talent on the bench doesn't cut it. Likewise, why not throw Healey on as he's worth a chance and again I thought he brought something different in. We lack quality at this level end of. I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, but we the proper fans who care have to get behind them. Again the Canton End was still singing and chanting away, tremendous support coming from there.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:07 pm

The only thing Healy brought different was the long throws he is Newport county level

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 pm

arri potta wrote:
DEANO wrote:I honestly can’t see how you can blame tan we had 30 MILLION sat on the bench yesterday that is massive plus 7 million in madine

£30m on bench my arse, actual cost no longer takes into account how good a player is, values are stupid and way over the top, £10m max and that's pushing it!

.No what we paid is what was on bench and shipped out! Not what you or other people say ?
Facts are we have 2 better players than Healy on bench in that position and he also played an unfit player instead of them in game we had 3 shots none on target at home against worst team in league..... :o

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Deano, you obviously know more than me and Warnock, sorry if I offended you. Do you have a job in football. ? We are all obviously missing your keen eye and talents mate.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Obviously not as much as you Mel “ bobby has been given enough chances “ we don’t hold the ball up in midfield I am sure Warnock would love you at the vale

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

TAXI for PAUL :roll:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

LMFAO....just worked out who you are :) :) Fair play mind Paul some of your shite made me chuckle...