Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Murphys yesterday

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:37 am

Would have had the pace to go past his man to create more chances for us and would have had the quality finish in his locker to score us a goal to make the 0-0 a 1-0 win for us. Its the quality in games that that which are tight that makes the difference and neither team had it yesterday. I just feel we did have it on the bench in josh murphy but warnock decided to keep his 14 million player on the bench which is pretty crazy really when we were playing bottom of the league. And we all know why murphy was on the bench because he dosent track back as much as warnock likes but he is an attacking winger at the end of the day and not a defender and we was playing bottom the league so maybe he could have been the difference yesterday? Was it negative tactics by warnock or was it clever because we got a point and a clean sheet? Imo we need to be attacking teams more often and i would have liked to see murphy do some damage to huddersfield yesterday

Re: Josh Murphys yesterday

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am

He should have at least come on in the last 20 mins
Hoilett apart from his defensive work didn’t offer much and looked short on confidence
He has three ball and at times didnt know what to do with it
Maybe due to lack of support
Game was crying out for Murphy to come on and run at their defence

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:10 am

we must have been watching different games

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Would have had the pace to go past his man to create more chances for us and would have had the quality finish in his locker to score us a goal to make the 0-0 a 1-0 win for us. Its the quality in games that that which are tight that makes the difference and neither team had it yesterday. I just feel we did have it on the bench in josh murphy but warnock decided to keep his 14 million player on the bench which is pretty crazy really when we were playing bottom of the league. And we all know why murphy was on the bench because he dosent track back as much as warnock likes but he is an attacking winger at the end of the day and not a defender and we was playing bottom the league so maybe he could have been the difference yesterday? Was it negative tactics by warnock or was it clever because we got a point and a clean sheet? Imo we need to be attacking teams more often and i would have liked to see murphy do some damage to huddersfield yesterday

I think we needed pace, as they were cart horses at the back, I was very surprised he didn't get on at all, we set up not to lose, but lost out on two more points.

Two points from Huddersfield home and away is not enough and could prove costly.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 am

Bluebina wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Would have had the pace to go past his man to create more chances for us and would have had the quality finish in his locker to score us a goal to make the 0-0 a 1-0 win for us. Its the quality in games that that which are tight that makes the difference and neither team had it yesterday. I just feel we did have it on the bench in josh murphy but warnock decided to keep his 14 million player on the bench which is pretty crazy really when we were playing bottom of the league. And we all know why murphy was on the bench because he dosent track back as much as warnock likes but he is an attacking winger at the end of the day and not a defender and we was playing bottom the league so maybe he could have been the difference yesterday? Was it negative tactics by warnock or was it clever because we got a point and a clean sheet? Imo we need to be attacking teams more often and i would have liked to see murphy do some damage to huddersfield yesterday

I think we needed pace, as they were cart horses at the back, I was very surprised he didn't get on at all, we set up not to lose, but lost out on two more points.

Two points from Huddersfield home and away is not enough and could prove costly.

Murphy could have at least come on to try and win the game for us at some point quite poor really. Set up not to lose like you say but we were at home and could have took the game to huddersfield. I think someone like murphy would really benefit from a proper striker to feed off just we havent had that lately, hopefully that can happen soon.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:31 am

it’s like warnock has a thing against Murphy and Reid

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:46 am

He has been shit in his last 3 or 4 starts and deserved to be benched.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:14 pm

phildavies wrote:He has been shit in his last 3 or 4 starts and deserved to be benched.

Alright his form hasent been great but he looked a top player beginning of the season so thats proof he could have been the difference yesterday

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 pm

phildavies wrote:He has been shit in his last 3 or 4 starts and deserved to be benched.

Yes poor form but surely we should of at least brought him on. Struggling to create anything and I think Warnock didn't bring him on because he was more keen to hold on to a point than go for 3.
But he then uses the excuse about tired etc ......so use 3 subs not 2

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Yes poor form but surely we should of at least brought him on. Struggling to create anything and I think Warnock didn't bring him on because he was more keen to hold on to a point than go for 3.
But he then uses the excuse about tired etc ......so use 3 subs not 2

Yep would have brought either him or Reid of the subs bench. Warnock is too slow to make changes at times

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:44 pm

rhblue wrote:it’s like warnock has a thing against Murphy and Reid

They don’t follow his ideology of tracking back. If we played possession football, they wouldn’t need to.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

They don’t follow his ideology of tracking back. If we played possession football, they wouldn’t need to.

Possession football also would mean we have less points than we do. Also possession football would likely have meant we would have scored less goals. Possession means jack shit in football games it all about goals scored and goals conceded and thus far we have done enough to be outside the relegation zone as we will come the end of the season.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:12 pm

phildavies wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

Possession football also would mean we have less points than we do. Also possession football would likely have meant we would have scored less goals. Possession means jack shit in football games it all about goals scored and goals conceded and thus far we have done enough to be outside the relegation zone as we will come the end of the season.

Shame the other 19 teams don’t play hoof ball, we’d be challenging top 4 by now, aye.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Why has he changed his name, to add an “S” to the end of his surname?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Murphy has great pace but cannot control the ball at the pace he runs.

His stats say it all unfortunately I've mentioned this a good few times.

There is no point having a race horse if the jockey can't control it.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm

phildavies wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

You a football manager?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
phildavies wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

Shame the other 19 teams don’t play hoof ball, we’d be challenging top 4 by now, aye.

Neither do we and Liverpool don’t play possession football but they seem to be doing okay as counter attacking team