Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rossi - the sort of player agents will push our way

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Former Italy forward Giuseppe Rossi training with Manchester United as free agent searches for a new club
Injury-hit Giuseppe Rossi is training with former side Manchester United
The 31-year-old forward is a product of the Old Trafford giants' youth system
He has been without a club since leaving Genoa in the summer

By PA
11:41, 13 January 2019

Injury-hit Italy international Giuseppe Rossi is training with former side Manchester United as he looks for a new club.
The 31-year-old is a product of the Old Trafford giants' youth system, making 14 appearances in all competitions under Sir Alex Ferguson before making a permanent switch to Villarreal in 2007.

However, Rossi's ascent was detailed by a string of major knee injuries and the American-born forward has been without a club since leaving Genoa in the summer.

The Italy international, who it was announced in October avoided a ban following a positive test for dorzolamide, is now building up his fitness back at United.
Press Association Sport understands that former United team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer invited Rossi to train with the side at the Aon Training Complex in order to help earn a move elsewhere.

Rossi won United's young player of the year in 2005 and reserve team player of the year the following season.

Re: Rossi - the sort of player agents will push our way

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 pm

"Injury hit".

Sounds just right for us - go get him!

Is he one of the 2000 players who've been offered to us this January, all of whom are desperate to play for us?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:11 pm

If fit, far better than anything we have. He was banging them in for fun in Spain and an Italian international. Been injured a lot in more recent times. As a last resort maybe a pay as you play contract could be good for both parties?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Snap their hand off pay as you play, but would have to sign another striker to go with him too

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 pm

I saw this In bbc Transfer Gossip and was going to post, as if he's fit have to be worth considering. Another who is available who we might consider is Janssen at Spurs?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm

If he’s fit he’s miles better then what we have.

In fact he’s probably better then Rhys Healey unfit

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:56 pm

I saw Solskjaer’s press conference earlier, and he brought up Rossi.

He said he’s not in contention to sign for Manchester United, but would be a great signing for most Premier League clubs outside the top six - but he is going to say that, isn’t he?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I saw Solskjaer’s press conference earlier, and he brought up Rossi.

He said he’s not in contention to sign for Manchester United, but would be a great signing for most Premier League clubs outside the top six - but he is going to say that, isn’t he?

And we know how great he is at spotting the best striker to sign

Giuseppe Rossi

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 am

Former Man Utd striker training at OT, currently without an employer, worth a punt or not???

https://www.transfermarkt.com/giuseppe-rossi/profil/spieler/19104

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 am

I think someone has been playing too much football manager

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:39 am

It's all well and good thinking we should sign players like Rossi. (I wish). But when people do decide to start a rumour or make a suggestion on a player with their calibre, could you please think about wages?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:It's all well and good thinking we should sign players like Rossi. (I wish). But when people do decide to start a rumour or make a suggestion on a player with their calibre, could you please think about wages?

Obviously he wouldn’t sign for peanuts but considering he’s currently unemployed then making an offer isn’t going to damage the bank, most he can do is reject it.....

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:It's all well and good thinking we should sign players like Rossi. (I wish). But when people do decide to start a rumour or make a suggestion on a player with their calibre, could you please think about wages?

He's unemployed though!
Pay to play contract or something until the end of season with clauses to commit if we stay up?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Simple to deal with. 20/30k a week. Big bonus after every 10 games played.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 pm

history shows it's best to steer clear of injury prone players in their 30s.

fowler, owen, hargreaves etc etc.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:25 pm

snoopystorm wrote:

Obviously he wouldn’t sign for peanuts but considering he’s currently unemployed then making an offer isn’t going to damage the bank, most he can do is reject it.....

Fair point. I'm only saying cause cardiff fans expectations. :lol: p

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Perhaps we could sign Francis Rossi out of Status Quo.