Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

6 WINS TO STAY UP

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Looks like we need 6 wins to stay up? Where are they going to come from???? I can see us winning 4!

Please let us see 3 signings this week

Re: 6 WINS TO STAY UP

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Huddersfield should have been 1

As far as home wins go we can only really now look at beating Fulham and Palace then hope for a bit of a shock against someone.

That means we need to win 4 away games. We are starting to struggle for winnable games now and the big boys will be coming back around soon

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

The way we are playing, unless we make signings i cant see any wins in the next 5/6 games and they are the easier ones on paper

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:57 pm

We have played fulham at home already

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I'ts more than do able might not be able to need 6 wins if the below keep losing games but we do need I would say 3-4 wins and a few draws to have a chance of staying up but we need reinforcements before next Sat. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Tynantbluebirds wrote:We have played fulham at home already

Of course we have dont know what i was thinking then. Thats makes it even worse i can only see 1 home game maybe 2 with Watford that is winnable.

If we are to stay up from now on we need away wins starting with saturday

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:36 pm

With the right new signings, it’s doable.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

thomasblue wrote:Huddersfield should have been 1

As far as home wins go we can only really now look at beating Fulham and Palace then hope for a bit of a shock against someone.

That means we need to win 4 away games. We are starting to struggle for winnable games now and the big boys will be coming back around soon

You don’t think Crystal Palace, West Ham, Everton, Watford Or Bournemouth are winnable games? I fully expect to have a big chance of wins against them especially..

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 pm

After a disappointing draw and a poor performance, everyone will seem hard to beat. With our next win and a good performance, everything looks different.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Savigma wrote:

You don’t think Crystal Palace, West Ham, Everton, Watford Or Bournemouth are winnable games? I fully expect to have a big chance of wins against them especially..

With 3 quality signings that go straight in to the first team they are winnable games at home yes. But without them signings we got no chance imo.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Savigma wrote:

With 3 quality signings that go straight in to the first team they are winnable games at home yes. But without them signings we got no chance imo.

Exactly what he said.
All 4 of the teams mentioned played us off the park already this season. I cant see why the return game would be any different with this current squad. Possibly Watford would be the best shot

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm

thomasblue wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Exactly what he said.
4 of the teams mentioned played us off the park already this season. I cant see why the return game would be any different with this current squad. Possibly Watford would be the best shot

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 am

We won’t need 6 wins at all. Four wins plus a couple of draws would see us fine. Could probably even stay up with 3 wins and 4 draws.

Won’t need more than 34 max to stay up this season.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:44 am

That last spot will need more than 34......between us, Newcastle, Palace, Burnley, Saints! We need some on them to go on terrible runs!

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 am

Home

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

I am sorry but looking at those games, the survival task is absolutely massive and very frightening in looking at some of the games we have coming up, we will be lucky to pick up 1 maybe 2 wins out of those home games IMO and don’t get me started away from home.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am

buckleys brewery wrote:With the right new signings, it’s doable.

:ayatollah: :thumbup: :thumbright: :thumbup: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

CFS25 wrote:That last spot will need more than 34......between us, Newcastle, Palace, Burnley, Saints! We need some on them to go on terrible runs!

You honestly think Newcastle for example are going to pick up more than a point a game for the rest of the season? As that is what they would need to get to more than 34. Their is a reason these clubs are down their are not all of them will be getting much more than they got in the first half of the season. 34 and we will be fine. Newcastle game is a huge one definetly a must not lose. If we can somehow unlikely sneak a win that’s the pressure of for a good 3 weeks in terms of the relegation zone.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:17 pm

phildavies wrote:
CFS25 wrote:That last spot will need more than 34......between us, Newcastle, Palace, Burnley, Saints! We need some on them to go on terrible runs!

You honestly think Newcastle for example are going to pick up more than a point a game for the rest of the season? As that is what they would need to get to more than 34. Their is a reason these clubs are down their are not all of them will be getting much more than they got in the first half of the season. 34 and we will be fine. Newcastle game is a huge one definetly a must not lose. If we can somehow unlikely sneak a win that’s the pressure of for a good 3 weeks in terms of the relegation zone.

I'm sure they have a horrific 'run in' too

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Home

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

I am sorry but looking at those games, the survival task is absolutely massive and very frightening in looking at some of the games we have coming up, we will be lucky to pick up 1 maybe 2 wins out of those home games IMO and don’t get me started away from home.

12 wins in that! What's wrong with you!