Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REPORT: CITY APPROACH TOFFEES FOR STRIKER

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Cardiff approach Everton over striker wanted by Crystal Palace
TeamTalk - Sunday 13th January 2019

Cardiff City have approached Everton over Oumar Niasse as they look to solve their striker problems, we have exclusively learned.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is desperate to bolster his attacking options and has already made a bid of more than £10million for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala – but the deal has stalled.

And even if they get Sala done, Warnock wants more options and that has now promoted his move for Niasse – who is also wanted by Crystal Palace.

However, Warnock is hoping to beat them to the Senegalese international – who is looking for regular football, although Everton boss Marco Silva is a fan and would be happy for him to stay.

Niasse has been involved in almost every Everton game but he has been limited to just five substitute appearances, which is why Siva is willing to let him leave on loan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: REPORT: CITY APPROACH TOFFEES FOR STRIKER

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Cardiff City target Oumar Niasse wants to leave Everton this month - but there is a catch
By Mathew Davies

The latest on the Senegal striker's future at Goodison Park

Everton striker Oumar Niasse is keen to leave the club this month, according to reports.

The forward wants to exit Goodison in order to secure game-time, with only seven appearances to his name in all competitions so far this season.

It is understood that Niasse is available, along with fellow striker Cenk Tosun.

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has been tracking the Senegalese frontman, with reports on Merseyside stating that the Toffees have fielded enquiries from Premier League clubs over his availability.

Tosun is also up for grabs - but the catch is Everton only want to sell this month, not loan - meaning Cardiff would have front up the best part of £12million for former Lokomotiv Moscow player Niasse.

This stance may change as the end of the month approaches, but at present that is the situation, with Marco Silva indicating that his own transfer plans were dependant on players leaving first.

"I tell you every time we talk about the situation that we did very good things in the summer to improve the squad, and for us to do something in this window means we must improve out squad and it is not easy in January," he said.

"For us to do something at this moment will means some players will leave the club and at the moment it is not in our mind.

"If something happens it means somebody has left our squad."

According to The Sun, Niasse himself would prefer a permanent move away from Goodison, with Cardiff keen on a loan deal.

Warnock is in desperate need of further firepower in order to boost the Bluebirds' hopes of Premier League survival, with chairman Mehmet Dalman confirming that a deal for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala wasn't dead in the water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in action. Does anyone know if he’s the type of striker who can create his own chances? Won’t get much service from our midfield.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:22 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in action. Does anyone know if he’s the type of striker who can create his own chances? Won’t get much service from our midfield.

He's better than Callum Paterson, that's all you need to know.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Dahboy wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:Can’t say I’ve seen much of him in action. Does anyone know if he’s the type of striker who can create his own chances? Won’t get much service from our midfield.

He's better than Callum Paterson, that's all you need to know.

Hope this deal happens then. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:28 pm

As well as being better than Callum Paterson, he is not semi permanently injured, which makes him better than Zohore and Ward too.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 pm

I did post a link to this hours ago, but that's okay.
I think it's time for Dahboy and Repabaum to get a room where they can spend hours wishing failure upon Cardiff City and telling each other how crap we are.
That's beside the point though. He's a short man who's not known for heading so that's not an obvious match to our style. In many ways you could liken him to Bobby Reid, except that he's the finished article. He's a dynamic striker who can fire them in fast and hard from anywhere in or around the box and does pick up on half chances. Despite being fairly small he's very powerfully built and muscular and fast.
He's not getting regular starts with Everton and he's apparently keen for more football so that's the main thing and he seems to be very committed , which certainly is consistent with Sir Neil's ways.
You may recall a thread I did ages ago suggesting that he should be our first choice target in the window so I'm obviously inclined to agree with the suggestion.
The main thing is that he's got plenty of experience in the premiership and we know that he can score at the top level. He's not a reserve and Everton are happy to keep him , so they probably won't loan him and I expect it'd take a cash offer of up to £15 Million to sign him. I'd tend to think that his wages would be quite night too.

In a sense though, we need something soon to boost morale even more than to supplement the team. Our boys on the field and our supporters have given everything to keep us where we are, but I saw signs yesterday that they've got very little left to give, and what is needed as much as anything else is something to reignite the fire and belief. This'll do

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Even though Niasse is highly rated i think Cenk Tosun would suit our style of play more.

Would be happy with either of them

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Why not get both.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Why not get both.

Why not - where do you want them to send you the bill ? Might as well get Gareth Bale whilst we're at it.

Just thinking, this chaps name means "I am born " or colloquial a Nazi sympathiser. Anyone know which one he prefers ?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:18 pm

L
https://youtu.be/z-E-n4oelLE

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Agree Tosun bought by Big Sam would suit us more but both are better than Sala! Why the hell are we still trying to persuade a player unproven in the Premier league to come here? Do we want another Madine?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:23 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I did post a link to this hours ago, but that's okay.
I think it's time for Dahboy and Repabaum to get a room where they can spend hours wishing failure upon Cardiff City and telling each other how crap we are.
That's beside the point though. He's a short man who's not known for heading so that's not an obvious match to our style. In many ways you could liken him to Bobby Reid, except that he's the finished article. He's a dynamic striker who can fire them in fast and hard from anywhere in or around the box and does pick up on half chances. Despite being fairly small he's very powerfully built and muscular and fast.
He's not getting regular starts with Everton and he's apparently keen for more football so that's the main thing and he seems to be very committed , which certainly is consistent with Sir Neil's ways.
You may recall a thread I did ages ago suggesting that he should be our first choice target in the window so I'm obviously inclined to agree with the suggestion.
The main thing is that he's got plenty of experience in the premiership and we know that he can score at the top level. He's not a reserve and Everton are happy to keep him , so they probably won't loan him and I expect it'd take a cash offer of up to £15 Million to sign him. I'd tend to think that his wages would be quite night too.

In a sense though, we need something soon to boost morale even more than to supplement the team. Our boys on the field and our supporters have given everything to keep us where we are, but I saw signs yesterday that they've got very little left to give, and what is needed as much as anything else is something to reignite the fire and belief. This'll do

Jimmy schoular LOL :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:27 pm

L
https://youtu.be/REf7yky8ygg

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Just looked and you did :thumbright:

But it was on the 'Transfer Update' thread as a link and I missed it. Apologies, we would have made yours the 'Sticky' and posted the actual story had it been on the Main Forum :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Oh give it a rest you are repetitive and boring now. This thread was about a new signing and again you are looking for your bully boys to jump in and hijack it again.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:31 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Why not - where do you want them to send you the bill ? Might as well get Gareth Bale whilst we're at it.

Just thinking, this chaps name means "I am born " or colloquial a Nazi sympathiser. Anyone know which one he prefers ?

Oh it's coming out of his wages now. Unbelievable :lol:

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:33 pm

According to soccerbase he is six foot two and according to wilkapedia he is six foot so no midget. The comments on the Everton messageboard suggest that his close control is poor for a premier league footballer but despite that he is a good finisher and hard worker.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:48 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Llan_Blue wrote:Why not - where do you want them to send you the bill ? Might as well get Gareth Bale whilst we're at it.

I don’t know, but I’d wager against one of em. Saying that, the SS had an Indian Division, anti the raj.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Why you saying hes short when all other sites are saying hes 6 foot?

And why are you liking him to bobby reid when niasse is apperently 6 foot and strong and muscular and bobby reid is 5 foot 7 and weak and thin?

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:50 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

And why are you liking him to bobby reid when niasse is apperently 6 foot and strong and muscular and bobby reid is 5 foot 7 and weak and thin?

most sites ive seen say hes under 5ft 10. he certainly doesnt look anywhere near six foot

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:17 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

most sites ive seen say hes under 5ft 10. he certainly doesnt look anywhere near six foot

Yeah, you're both right. I apologise if I've got that wrong - there seem to be different reports about both his physicality and style of play and I should probably have been dubious of stuff on the internet because people do write nonsense, but I didn't think anyone would get those details wrong or have any reason to mislead and I took them on face value.
Of course I don't know which accounts are correct, but I notice now that it's been pointed out that even though various sites say he's poor at heading, when you look on YouTube compilations he does actually seem to head goals

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:24 pm

Would he get a starting place at Palace every week?... seems like they’d be looking to bolster more than solve a problem.

There’s far less competition at Cardiff for a good centre forward. This could be a deciding factor for players.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Everton reluctant to loan him. Seems odd. He’s hardly featured for two seasons. Would have thought a loan to June with option to buy would suit them. No way currently he’s worth anything like what Everton paid though. His best option is joining Cardiff on loan with a possible transfer depending on his performance and us staying up (which we will!).

Block 111 “In Warnock we trust”

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Everton reluctant to loan him. Seems odd. He’s hardly featured for two seasons. Would have thought a loan to June with option to buy would suit them. No way currently he’s worth anything like what Everton paid though. His best option is joining Cardiff on loan with a possible transfer depending on his performance and us staying up (which we will!).

Block 111 “In Warnock we trust”

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:06 pm

No. According to what I read earlier, ( and with due caution given my comments above ) , Silva said they're happy to keep him as a regular substitute and wouldn't loan him but they'd consider selling to provide funds for other transfers in. That's apparently why Palace were refused because they only wanted a loan deal. I think we'd have to buy if we wanted him but he'd be cheaper than Sala

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:22 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:No. According to what I read earlier, ( and with due caution given my comments above ) , Silva said they're happy to keep him as a regular substitute and wouldn't loan him but they'd consider selling to provide funds for other transfers in. That's apparently why Palace were refused because they only wanted a loan deal. I think we'd have to buy if we wanted him but he'd be cheaper than Sala

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... 1547054172

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

Both players would be high risk signings, hence looking at loan with option.
Plenty of clubs looking for decent strikers.
Says it all. No queue for either. Everton need to be realistic.
Neil may see potential but clearly past signings ring warning bells. Madine, Tomlin especially.
Still disappointed that Pilks was never given a chance mind. Seemed obvious.

Block 111
Massive NW fan. Neil rescued us from oblivion.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:Agree Tosun bought by Big Sam would suit us more but both are better than Sala! Why the hell are we still trying to persuade a player unproven in the Premier league to come here? Do we want another Madine?

Agree,sala has basically done what ken did once for us,12 goal purple patch,in a division that is nowhere near prem standards,put a bid in for tosun, say £16m,then get his x team mate arslan from beşiktaş, on loan with option to buy at end of season, arslan has been told to look for new club,after fallout with manager,could be available for around £5/6m, both would add qualities we desperately need,we supposedly bit £8m for Tameze? Could get arslan for that or less,who imho the better of the 2 by some distance,plus galatasary have put their striker up for sale,plus a defender, both have fallen out with the manager,we need to widen our scope,and my concern with sala,is its beginning to look like he's being strong-armed into coming here,hope I'm wrong if he comes here :?: will put my hands up,if he does come,and his goals help us to stay up (which we will :ayatollah: ) :bluescarf: