Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Must Win Games"

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 am

I saw the Huddersfield game as a must not lose and not a must win.

I see the Newcastle game the same way.

We consigned Huddersfield to the drop a little last weekend picked up a vital point and have to keep the faith. People are talking about finding 6 wins. I honestly think something like 31 points could see a side stay up this year.

If we are to consider that Fulham and Huddersfield are down then all we need to do is pip one of Burnley, Soton, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton even to the post. One of those sides. Do not give Newcastle 3 points would be MASSIVE this weekend. Beating them is a dream.

Re: "Must Win Games"

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 am

Agreed, it will be a record low to stay up this season, beating as many of the teams in our mini League as possible, but certainly not losing.

Burnley are catchable they were well ahead at the start of the season and we pegged them back by Christmas, they have had a nice run of games and won three in a row but things can turn quickly.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 am

Home

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

I am sorry but looking at those games, the survival task is absolutely massive and very frightening in looking at some of the games we have coming up, we will be lucky to pick up 1 maybe 2 wins out of those home games IMO and don’t get me started away from home.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 am

Wolfpac wrote:Home

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

I am sorry but looking at those games, the survival task is absolutely massive and very frightening in looking at some of the games we have coming up, we will be lucky to pick up 1 maybe 2 wins out of those home games IMO and don’t get me started away from home.

Winnable home (potentially)
Bournemouth
Watford
Everton

Winnable away (potentially)
Newcastle
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Burnley
Fulham

We can get some points out of them, Newcastle, Palace and Burnley have equally hard games we can finish ahead of one of them and Hudds Fulham, we are still fighting.

At the halfway point of the season, we were safe, we just have to do the same again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 am

Bluebina wrote:

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton

Newcastle
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Burnley
Fulham

We can get some points out of them, Newcastle, Palace and Burnley have equally hard games we can finish ahead of one of them and Hudds Fulham, we are still fighting.

At the halfway point of the season, we were safe, we just have to do the same again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :thumbup:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton
West Ham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Palace

Away

Newcastle
Arsenal
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Man City
Burnley
Fulham
Man Utd

Bournemouth
Watford
Everton

Newcastle
Southampton
Wolves
Brighton
Burnley
Fulham

Personally I'd swap Everton for Palace in the home games. We could get a point v Everton but a win is much less likely IMHO

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Everything depends on who we bring in the transfer window 3 new recruits will help and if we can have someone scoring regular this is going to be making or breaking of us.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Every game is a must win or not lose games? That is the mentality we need to have to get to 38points asap. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 pm

I agree with Allan's views. Each time i see City play especially at home my mind is thinking we can win this one

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Looking at the fixtures a win on Saturday could actually put us as high up as 15th with a 4 point gap on the last relegation place.

Palace will do very well to get anything away at Liverpool

Cant see Burnley getting a result at Watford.

Southampton and Everton is a tougher call as Everton's form has been very hit and miss and the Saints are capable of winning at home - but if the football Gods smile our way Everton could do us a big favour there as well for sure.

Fulham at home to Spurs and Huddersfield at home to Man City cant see any points going to the bottom end of the table in either of those.

An away win right now would be huge and put us well in the mix for staying up.

Huddersfield need a miracle to survive and whatever happens on the weekend unless Fulham pull off a shock win against Spurs they will be 6 points away from safety although with their goal difference it is realistically more like 7 and I'm not sure they'll be able to claw that back either - they'd need a run like they had last season basically.

I see it as 5 sides fighting to avoid one place and at the minute we have as good a chance of any of them of surviving.

Will be damn tight though

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 am

I think Liverpool and Man City have must win games as its relentless up there.
we need to win 5 or 6, any 5 or 6.