Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff C issue statement distancing themselves from Warnock

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Cardiff City issue statement distancing themselves from Neil Warnock's Brexit views

The manager's political comments caused controversy after Cardiff's 0-0 draw with Huddersfield

CARDIFF CITY FC:

Cardiff City on Neil Warnock on #brexit

"Comments made by our manager following Saturday’s fixture are representative of his personal political stance. These comments do not reflect the political position of Cardiff City Football Club, nor its board of directors."

BY DOMINIC BOOTH / MEDIA WALES

MONDAY 14 JAN 2019

Cardiff City have released a statement distancing themselves from Neil Warnock's views on Brexit, which caused widespread controversy on Saturday evening.

Warnock, following the Bluebirds' 0-0 draw with Huddersfield was asked whether the process of leaving the European Union could affect transfers.

Gary Lineker despairs at Neil Warnock as Cardiff City boss fuels heated Brexit debate

He responded: “I think once the country knows what they’re doing, it will be straightforward [to make signings] … Any transfer window is difficult for me, not just this one.”

“I don’t know why politicians don’t do what the country wants, if I’m honest. They had a referendum and now we see different politicians and everyone else trying to put their foot in it … Why did we have a referendum in the first bloody place?

“I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world.”

The Bluebirds have now confirmed those as Warnock's personal political views, keen to disassociate themselves from opinions which disappointed many Cardiff fans.

The Welsh capital voted 60 per cent in favour of Remain in the 2016 EU referendum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff C issue statement distancing themselves from War

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm

It seemed a bit odd

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Who really cares what he says about brexit, what he thinks of our current standing in the prem and his thinking on all things footie are what us fans want to know peoole trying to fit brexit into everything.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Regardless of the way you voted - How come Gary Lineker is allowed an opinion on Brexit and Warnock isnt ?
Lineker has spoken many times on Brexit / remain - the last time telling Waddle to stick to football not politics - ironic - given Lineker's publicly stated opinions.

Drop it , leave it alone and move on

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:33 pm

And the "Official" club statement is where?

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:34 pm

castleblue wrote:And the "Official" club statement is where?

CARDIFF CITY FC:

"Comments made by our manager following Saturday’s fixture are representative of his personal political stance. These comments do not reflect the political position of Cardiff City Football Club, nor its board of directors."

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

CARDIFF CITY FC:

Not on the website Annis.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 pm

He's right. It's the most democratic thing this country has ever done. People have voted, get on with it. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:56 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

CARDIFF CITY FC:

Gary,

Media Wales have put it out.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:08 pm

I didn't see the interview. What prompted him to speak out?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

CARDIFF CITY FC:

Gary,

Media Wales have put it out.

Exactly Annis and it's not like them to make something out of nothing is it.

As Trump would say FAKE NEWS.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Sensible in my opinion. The manager was speaking for himself and not the club. As you say, let's move on.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Rightly so, not only for the distraction it’s caused from our concentration on staying up in the Premier League but I hope a lesson learnt from Warnock, keep you’re eye on the ball Warnock !

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:12 pm

They ask a manager on his view and he gave it , lets be honest don't ask a question if they didn't want that answer as
Warnock will give his view whatever why I love the bloke.

But he has every right to speak his mind just because a few don't like it tough get on with it.

Personally the club didnt have to make a statement as Warnock will say my view and to be honest is his clear statements he says
most of the time so why the fuss, and the club will have a mixture of views im sure so move on lets talk football

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Let's not fuel this please

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:06 pm

I can’t help wondering whether there would be so much fuss if he came out and backed remain?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Rightly so, not only for the distraction it’s caused from our concentration on staying up in the Premier League but I hope a lesson learnt from Warnock, keep you’re eye on the ball Warnock !

:lol: distraction :lol:

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 pm

griff105 wrote:I can’t help wondering whether there would be so much fuss if he came out and backed remain?

No. If he'd have supported "Remain" he'd have " Spoken Out"
Since in common with the majority of people who voted he supported " Leave" , it was a "Rant"

The tiny number of people comprising the political elite who refuse to allow the majority to have their say will now attack and slander our manager. They've already slandered him by associating his straightforward MAJORITY opinion with somehow being a Nazi.
If they really get the bit between their teeth they will use every bit of their money and propoganda to try and destroy him ,and they won't care if our club and it's prospects are destroyed as collateral damage.
Therefore I say again, don't fuel this by discussing it here. We must hope that they find another innocent target or make up a new crisis soon, and leave us alone, but be aware that they'll be looking to cut and paste comments from this and similar sites to create new fake stories.