Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who tipped off the press?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm

How did Sky Sports know in advance Sala was arriving at our stadium? The press were all there waiting for his arrival and the world now knows all about him. Seems like his agent is using our club to drum up interest to me.

Re: Who tipped off the press?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:How did Sky Sports know in advance Sala was arriving at our stadium? The press were all there waiting for his arrival and the world now knows all about him. Seems like his agent is using our club to drum up interest to me.

Rydogs told them.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm

When you’re a Premier League club, the media will always find out what’s going on and who you’re trying to bring in.

It’s a lot different to being in the Championship, where the mainstream media don’t care anywhere near as much unless it’s a big money signing.

We have to be optimistic that Sala will sign at this point.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:When you’re a Premier League club, the media will always find out what’s going on and who you’re trying to bring in.

It’s a lot different to being in the Championship, where the mainstream media don’t care anywhere near as much unless it’s a big money signing.

We have to be optimistic that Sala will sign at this point.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the signings of Murphy and Reid came completely out of the blue didn’t they? The first I heard about both those signings was when there was a photo of them both in a City shirt.

I think our talks with Sala have been leaked, and it’s definitely not for our benefit.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 pm

What if..... We are trying to sign 2 players. They know sala is done as no real other interest. And they are trying to convince the other club to accept and offer....

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:43 pm

That Jim White at Sky has his fingers in all the pies !!!!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:How did Sky Sports know in advance Sala was arriving at our stadium? The press were all there waiting for his arrival and the world now knows all about him. Seems like his agent is using our club to drum up interest to me.

Rydogs told them.

It's been revealed that Emiliano Sala has been secretly lodging with Rydogsccfc for the last week waiting for permission to speak to Cardiff City FC but he (Sala) was accidentally seen when he was using the outside loo...

When confronted, Rydogsccfc said "I cannot tell a lie" and the secret was out! :(

In a smooth operation set up to save Rydogsccfc's reputation, the club hired LA 'fixer' Ray Donovan to make it look like Sala had actually flown in from France for the meeting ;) :thumbright:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:06 am

Sol 'sky sources' Bamba?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsoGnVnh1ol ... _copy_link

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:28 am

I would imagine our club. must be very impressive turning up for talks and all that media interest.
and its to impress him was the whole point in getting him over ?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:49 am

Deano1 wrote:Sol 'sky sources' Bamba?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsoGnVnh1ol ... _copy_link

The lad has the same agent as Sol, Sport Cover. Can only be a good thing?

www.sportcover.co

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 am

His agent in my opinion

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=203879