Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bored of winning

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Watching the Man City v Wolves game.

The ground was half empty with 20 mins to go. Can winning 4-0 every game get boring?
The atmosphere sounds like a pre season friendly

I think i would hate it after a whilst, the only question every game is how many they will win by.

Unless they are playing a top 4 team then they are not really challenged. They have scored 19 goals in 3 games.

Re: Bored of winning

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:57 pm

24 shots to 3 for wolves. Wolves had one on target. Pretty comprehensive

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 pm

welshrarebit wrote:24 shots to 3 for wolves. Wolves had one on target. Pretty comprehensive

Dont get me wrong they are great to watch but god it must be boring knowing you will dominate and win every week.
Even though that sounds strange

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Yeah see where you are coming from. I quite like the way we are having to fight for our survival in the league. Makes it exciting

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 pm

As Cardiff City supporters I doubt we'll ever find out what it's like.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 pm

thomasblue wrote:Watching the Man City v Wolves game.

The ground was half empty with 20 mins to go. Can winning 4-0 every game get boring?

I think i would hate it after a whilst, the only question every game is how many they will win by.

Unless they are playing a top 4 team then they are not really challenged. They have scored 19 goals in 3 games.

well I think ive seen over 100 more defeats than victories..so I think I would be ok for 4 or 5 titles then ask again.
I know what your getting at but Rangers and Celtic have dominated for years and years.
it has to be better being on the receiving end.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:Unless they are playing a top 4 team then they are not really challenged.

They lost to Leicester and Crystal Palace as well as drawing with Wolves in the reverse fixture.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Unless they are playing a top 4 team then they are not really challenged.

They lost to Leicester and Crystal Palace as well as drawing with Wolves in the reverse fixture.

Mere blips for a team of their quality. Probably will win the league again.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 am

Don't think many of their fans will complain as they were shite for many years.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:49 am

skiprat wrote:Don't think many of their fans will complain as they were shite for many years.

That was the point of the post, ad soon as the game was won the ground emptied. 3-0 up against 10 men playing great football and 80% just got up and left.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 am

I got board of it just before half time, we're Wolverhampton, we're on our way back. Long way to go yet then.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

thomasblue wrote:Watching the Man City v Wolves game.

I was there for the Soton game early in the season with a mate who has season tickets. It was nice for the first two goals but at 6-1 there's much less cheering.

Not as shit as Wembley for the spurs game - library!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 am

Welshman in CA wrote:As Cardiff City supporters I doubt we'll ever find out what it's like.

Man city fans didn't think this either. speak to the genuine man city fans and they are still in disbelief.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 am

I have lived in Manchester for nearly 40 years.
Manchester City fans are usually grounded and the majority realise they have won the lottery with the Sheik's huge investment.
They have had 4 consecutive home matches in 12 days which is a big expense after Christmas and New Year. I think this influenced their poor crowd against Burton and also hit the "walk up" crowd last night.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Said exactly the same to everyone after the game we played them, they cheer the goal then go quiet it seems they are so used to what they seeing it becomes less enjoyable.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Rhyd59 wrote:I have lived in Manchester for nearly 40 years.
Manchester City fans are usually grounded and the majority realise they have won the lottery with the Sheik's huge investment.
They have had 4 consecutive home matches in 12 days which is a big expense after Christmas and New Year. I think this influenced their poor crowd against Burton and also hit the "walk up" crowd last night.

Nothing to do with amaount of games.
The fans left once it went 3-0

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm

We all want city to win 5-0 every week but at the same time the excitement of being 1-1 in a game and getting a 93rd minute winner tops it for me. Of course you still want the 5-0 but that excitement of nicking a result is what footballs about for me.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:46 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Rhyd59 wrote:I have lived in Manchester for nearly 40 years.

Nothing to do with amaount of games.
The fans left once it went 3-0

If you own a season ticket the cost should be minor.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 pm

The season ticket at MCFC does not include the cost of the Rotherham game (F.A. Cup) or the Burton match (Carabao Cup), so 2 of the 4 games were an extra cost.
Wasn't aware that City's crowd left the game at 80 minutes, if so, will ask why ?