Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED: WHAT CARDIFF REALLY OFFERED FOR SALA & NOW EVER

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 pm

I’m getting so confused with this Emiliano Sala saga 1st we are being told the player is mulling over the offer. Now I’m reading Nantes will consider the offer after their game v Nimes tomorrow. So if Nantes haven’t agreed a deal how was he allowed to talk to us yesterday

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:No-one on this forum has a clue as to how things are progressing or what has been discussed. Do fans really think it's just a matter of doing a bit of window shopping, seeing a couple of youtube clips and saying we'll have that one. Easy to say forget him and move on to the next one. Just how many players do people think are begging City to sign them up. Take everything in the media with a pinch of salt as well. One report saying £13m offered, one saying £15m plus add ons. The fact is we don't know what is going on, so best wait rather than jump to conclusions based on nothing. I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but whatever some fans say, it is not easy to persuade a player to join an unfashionable club who are still one of the favourites to be relegated.

Mate even the media say we only offered 13mill.

We just fans, its all fun and games :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:10 pm

If he doesn't want to come here then he can go to everton I mean who would blame him .

The guy looks bang average based on the little ive seen of him and could be a long list of strikers from France who have struggled with the Premier league .

Personally would fancy a loan deal for Niasse if Everton sign Sala .

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm

If there’s truth in Everton approaching him, we’re buggered, looks like his agent and him are holding out for a bigger deal and this is it! Either get him in today or walk away! Stop being mugged off Neil

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Everton wanted him last year why have they popped up now the bunch of Merseyside rejects

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:15 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:No-one on this forum has a clue as to how things are progressing or what has been discussed. Do fans really think it's just a matter of doing a bit of window shopping, seeing a couple of youtube clips and saying we'll have that one. Easy to say forget him and move on to the next one. Just how many players do people think are begging City to sign them up. Take everything in the media with a pinch of salt as well. One report saying £13m offered, one saying £15m plus add ons. The fact is we don't know what is going on, so best wait rather than jump to conclusions based on nothing. I'm sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but whatever some fans say, it is not easy to persuade a player to join an unfashionable club who are still one of the favourites to be relegated.

Mate even the media say we only offered 13mill.

We just fans, its all fun and games :ayatollah:

Would'nt be surprised if £13m is closer to the mark. I thought I was hearing things when I first heard figures of around £18m to £20m being mentioned as I could never see us spending these sort of amounts on one player during this window. Unfortunately, if reports are correct about Everton, and he has two offers on the table, I would imagine it would take all of 5 seconds for him to make his choice, and I doubt that it would be us. I've said a few times in the past, most of this stuff goes in one ear and out the other until I see a photo of the player holding a City shirt at the CCS. Will wait and see, I suppose it could go either way, nothing would surprise me as I pay little attention to media reports.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Lets move on, surely the club should be giving him 24hours to make up his mind.
Really could have done with a new forward for saturday which is huge for the club and its chances of staying in the PL.
Just seems another Grucic all over again.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Phew, he blatantly doesn’t want to come here, this has been going on for weeks. He only came yesterday so his agent could alert other clubs to him.....move in Neil before it’s to late. :occasion5:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier ... a-iglesias

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Again Cardiff show no intention or ambition, just wasting time, if this lower offer of £13 million is true ! What intent is there of Cardiff City or ambition.Quite frankly- Zero !

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

He’s not coming, the sooner the board realise this and move on the better. He is obviously waiting for a better offer and from what I have read it isn’t coming. Not like warnock to hang on like this for some pre Madonna, get a striker in who wants to help keep us in the premier league and who would stick around if we went down.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Think we are frustrated I bet that is nothing compared to Neil Warnock. Signings is like a Fooking minefield. But this is modern football for us. If Everton get him I hope he is shit. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Steve,
I will tell you what everyone does know on this forum, since last July we have needed a quality striker and if we don't get one, we will most def be relegated.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,
I will tell you what everyone does know on this forum, since last July we have needed a quality striker and if we don't get one, we will most def be relegated.

Agree 100%. In fact, I would say we need a fair bit more than one quality striker, as I'm sure the other relegation candidates will be looking to improve their squads. I'd be surprised if we don't get a couple of additions before the end of the month. Just hope they are better than what we already have, and that we don't panic buy and end up with a donkey.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:39 pm

1. Whatever the offer Nantes must be happy as we are talking to the player.

2. The agent may be playing games but he may just be naming clubs so that WE up any offer.

It doesn't have to be the other way round.

Glass half full and all that.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

That headline from the Liverpool Echo - "Meet Emiliano Sala - the rumoured transfer target who could become Everton's latest South American success" came from last November.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/meet-emiliano-sala-rumoured-transfer-15440064

And a quick google of Everton and Sala shows nothing new today.

Sounds like rubbish to me, but I am not ITK. :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

I knew the other team thing was coming eitherway it was always going to happen when theres a SKY camera waiting for the player who funny enough was obviously arranged by the players agent. Typical Cardiff, we have seen it all before, same old same old :shock: :shock:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:1. Whatever the offer Nantes must be happy as we are talking to the player.

2. The agent may be playing games but he may just be naming clubs so that WE up any offer.

It doesn't have to be the other way round.

Glass half full and all that.

exactly

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Don’t think he’s going to meet Everton, seems like rubbish to me.

Still confident we will get him.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

bluebirdinlondon wrote:That headline from the Liverpool Echo - "Meet Emiliano Sala - the rumoured transfer target who could become Everton's latest South American success" came from last November.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/meet-emiliano-sala-rumoured-transfer-15440064

And a quick google of Everton and Sala shows nothing new today.

Sounds like rubbish to me, but I am not ITK. :bluescarf:

:thumbup:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm

If he did go the Everton, they still have 5 (probably more) far better strikers than we have in their squad. They'll need to get one off the book pretty quickly.

I know it's not my money but i would prefer a loan, as this squad needs major surgery whatever division we are in next year and we shouldn't hamstrung the next manager with the lasts players. We need to hold onto the ball longer.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Don’t think he’s going to meet Everton, seems like rubbish to me.

Still confident we will get him.

I agree, don’t think sala would suit there style of play and the chairmen had a go at the team for not bringing trophies in or something like that

:bluescarf: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

God that's 2 players we will be giving a vociferous reception too shortly clyne for bournmouth and now sala for everton.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve,

i agree, also getting zohore pulling his weight and playing to his potential would be a new signing.

Re: UPDATED: WHAT CARDIFF REALLY OFFERED FOR SALA

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Just to throw my 2p worth in. I haven't a clue whether he is coming here or not. BUT £13m on today's rate is 15.6m euros &£15m is 18m euros. Odd how the figures seem to be coincidental. Annis should be able to confirm this. :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Half a season wonder using us to put himself in the shop window

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Some of these comments are unbelievable from our fans like he doesn't want to come to Cardiff and who can we attract. Cardiff City are in the PL and that is a pull in itself, how do you think those JBS got some of the players they got ?

We sound like a bunch of old women here.

Lets leave this to the club as I trust the people there 100% to do the right thing.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Some of these comments are unbelievable from our fans like he doesn't want to come to Cardiff and who can we attract. Cardiff City are in the PL and that is a pull in itself, how do you think those JBS got some of the players they got ?

We sound like a bunch of old women here.

Lets leave this to the club as I trust the people there 100% to do the right thing.

Haha fully agree charlie harper. If sala does sign half of these experts on this board are going to look like a right bunch of clowns.