Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WEATHER UPDATE: SNOW TO CAUSE CHAOS IN FOOTBALL

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Snow is forecasted for this weekend and of course this means potential cancellations for matches such as Newcastle v Cardiff.
Link: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-13860010

Re: WEATHER UPDATE: SNOW TO CAUSE CHAOS IN FOOTBALL

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Or Derby v anyone.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Wouldn't be the end of the world, Sam :thumbright:

So long as our travelling supporters aren't inconvenienced so cynically, like at Derbygate :(

City looking likely to add to their squad and a striker (and maybe more) would be huge boost to us against a Newcastle team that are unlikely to add too much to their faltering squad this January ;) :thumbright:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Sven wrote:Wouldn't be the end of the world, Sam :thumbright:

So long as our travelling supporters aren't inconvenienced so cynically, like at Derbygate :(

City looking likely to add to their squad and a striker (and maybe more) would be huge boost to us against a Newcastle team that are unlikely to add too much to their faltering squad this January ;) :thumbright:

My thoughts exactly.Give Victor and Callum a chance to get fit and our Newbie a week to settle in.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

My thoughts exactly.Give Victor and Callum a chance to get fit and our Newbie a week to settle in.

bit crap for those going up for the weekend mind.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

bit crap for those going up for the weekend mind.

Yes, I alluded to that :thumbright:

I was one of those at the Derby fiasco (SamRean, his dad and granddad were there on the same bus with several other members of this Forum, too)

I hope the game goes ahead but if it is going to snow heavily up there, I just hope they make a decision early enough to stop people travelling unnecessarily

Of course, those who do go up (for the weekend) will still have a great time regardless. Newcastle is a brilliant place with friendly people :thumbright:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Won’t get called off.

Besides, a few matches being postponed doesn’t come under the term “chaos”.

I just hope it doesn’t disrupt Aaron Ramsey’s medical with us, eh?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Snow is forecasted for this weekend and of course this means potential cancellations for matches such as Newcastle v Cardiff.
Link: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-13860010

What a non story that is. "Snow could fall anywhere" - no shit Sherlock. Equally it might not fall at all.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 am

It's forecast to be 5°c in Newcastle on Saturday, we'll be fine