Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City are interested in Leicester City player “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Mirror

Cardiff are interested in landing unsettled Leicester striker Shinji Okazaki.

The 32-year-old title-winner is ready to quit The Foxes over lack of game time.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season and has told Leicester boss Claude Puel that he wants out.

Now Cardiff have joined fellow relegation strugglers Huddersfield in expressing an interest in the Japan international.

Okazaki’s wage demands are likely to push both clubs but the fact that he would be a free agent in the summer helps balance things up.

Leicester are reluctant to let Okazaki go out on loan although he was left completely out of the squad for the 2-1 home defeat against Southampton at the weekend.

Okazaki said: “I can’t feel satisfied as a player. After three-and-a-half years, maybe it’s time to move on.

“I have no intention of quarrelling with the team, but I will make my feelings known.”

Okazaki would ideally like to see out his career in Europe with one eye on the next World Cup in Qatar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City are interested in Leicester City player “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 pm

We need a decent attacking midfielder, wouldnt be a bad addition

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Would love this siging!! He's hard working and has the attidute that would suit our squad!!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:We need a decent attacking midfielder, wouldnt be a bad addition

Didn't we paid 12m for Reid for that.

Certainly a wanrock player tho.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Looks like Warnock is looking for 2 strikers then, back up, ward or zohore going to be leaving then? Can’t see us having 5 strikers with Reid aswell

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Hard working just what we need :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

done well at leicester when given a chance decent record in germany too would gladly sign him up

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Yes please! He'd slot so well in with Gunnar, Arter and Victor. If Sala comes I reckon they could play nicely together!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Liles93 wrote:Yes please! He'd slot so well in with Gunnar, Arter and Victor. If Sala comes I reckon they could play nicely together!

Not gunner he will make way when we get a midfielder.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Looks like Warnock is looking for 2 strikers then, back up, ward or zohore going to be leaving then? Can’t see us having 5 strikers with Reid aswell

Even though it says striker in the original post, I don’t think I’m alone in thinking Okazaki is not a striker. More of an attacking midfielder.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:16 am

He's best playing 'in the hole', much like Reid and Paterson's best position! Can't see it happening.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:35 am

Dahboy wrote:
Liles93 wrote:Yes please! He'd slot so well in with Gunnar, Arter and Victor. If Sala comes I reckon they could play nicely together!

Not gunner he will make way when we get a midfielder.

I guess so yeah, was thinking those three playing CM roles and then Shinji in between them and a 9.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:02 am

15 days and counting................

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 am

All the years of supporting this club I have never known so much hassle and confusion to sign players. Remember the good old days, Livermore signs, with a picture in the echo, no talk before just done and dusted, likewise, Evans, Alston, Friday, Keith Robson, Paul Went. Great times for me.This is now boring.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:32 am

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:All the years of supporting this club I have never known so much hassle and confusion to sign players. Remember the good old days, Livermore signs, with a picture in the echo, no talk before just done and dusted, likewise, Evans, Alston, Friday, Keith Robson, Paul Went. Great times for me.This is now boring.

That's because those players didn't have agents - the scourge of the modern game!!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:33 am

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:All the years of supporting this club I have never known so much hassle and confusion to sign players. Remember the good old days, Livermore signs, with a picture in the echo, no talk before just done and dusted, likewise, Evans, Alston, Friday, Keith Robson, Paul Went. Great times for me.This is now boring.

That's because those players didn't have agents - the scourge of the modern game!!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm

i thought this straight away when i saw he wanted to leave, no surprise to see the rags putting 2 and 2 together. leicester need to sign a replacement but he's certainly an improvement on what we've already got, even if he isn't a goalscorer.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 pm

it's a forum - a place to discuss cardiff city, which includes transfers (and which also includes, god forbid, ones that don't end up going through).

people that whine and complain about how much better things were in the 80s are boring.