Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Jamaal Lascelles & Ciaran Clark “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Newcastle won 4-2 at Blackburn tonight in their FA Cup 3rd Round replay, but were taken into extra time after it finished 2-2 in 90 minutes.

Their first choice centre backs, Jamaal Lascelles and Ciaran Clark, both had to go off with injuries in normal time.

Isaac Hayden, who was sent off in our match against Newcastle at Cardiff City Stadium in August, and Fabian Schar also appeared to pick up injuries in extra time.

Cardiff City visit St James’ Park on Saturday at 3pm.

Re: “ Newcastle injuries “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Extra time would be nice! ;) :clap: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

Re: “ Newcastle injuries “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Sven wrote:Extra time would be nice! ;) :clap: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

ET it is!

Re: “ Jamaal Lascelles & Ciaran Clark “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Newcastle win in extra time but, as you can see above, it came at a cost.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:44 pm

If they have players out they will do a derby with the snow forcast this weekend up north. Northgate

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Newcastle won 4-2 at Blackburn tonight in their FA Cup 3rd Round replay, but were taken into extra time after it finished 2-2 in 90 minutes.

Their first choice centre backs, Jamaal Lascelles and Ciaran Clark, both had to go off with injuries in normal time.

Isaac Hayden, who was sent off in our match against Newcastle at Cardiff City Stadium in August, and Fabian Schar also appeared to pick up injuries in extra time.

Do you think we will bombard them with a high press away from home? I don't.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Dahboy wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Newcastle won 4-2 at Blackburn tonight in their FA Cup 3rd Round replay, but were taken into extra time after it finished 2-2 in 90 minutes.

You’re probably right. But if these two don’t make it, I would hope that we would see more attacking intent - but as you suggest, that’s unlikely.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:25 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

You’re probably right. But if these two don’t make it, I would hope that we would see more attacking intent - but as you suggest, that’s unlikely.

Lascelles definitely looks like he won't start, he was struggling bad wasn't he?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Dahboy wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Lascelles definitely looks like he won't start, he was struggling bad wasn't he?

Yeah, pulled up straight away holding his leg, Lascelles Clark shelvey and Dummett all out. No Shelvey for them is massive, without him, when they played us at the start of the season I think we would’ve nicked it. If we get sala in, I believe we’ll win, massive boost for the club and squad again

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Yeah, pulled up straight away holding his leg, Lascelles Clark shelvey and Dummett all out. No Shelvey for them is massive, without him, when they played us at the start of the season I think we would’ve nicked it. If we get sala in, I believe we’ll win, massive boost for the club and squad again

Got to believe in ourselves up there now and like worcester_ccfc said we need to go for it.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Agree with the sentiment that going for it has to be the way forward like it should have been versus Huddersfield.
Sitting back will just result in a defeat to nil.