Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:54 pm

His Wikipedia page as already been updated saying he currently plays for Cardiff so it must be true

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Yayyyyy we signed a striker :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:02 pm

On the Sky Sports Football app in the News section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 pm

RageJon wrote:Yayyyyy we signed a striker :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Praise Jebus it's finally over

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm

snoopystorm wrote:On the Sky Sports Football app in the News section

Best bit about this is that we seem to be moving fast (for once). Terms agreed and rushing him down for a medical.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Would be a great singing, much rather a striker on loan than spending big. I'd pull out of the sala deal now and use the money elsewhere.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Would be a great singing, much rather a striker on loan than spending big. I'd pull out of the sala deal now and use the money elsewhere.

Fully agree

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Would be a great singing, much rather a striker on loan than spending big. I'd pull out of the sala deal now and use the money elsewhere.

I agree

Use the Sala money to tie down Camarasa and Arter permanently.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

But I would much rather have both strikers. The options up front would look so much healthier and I believe it is up front that could make or break our season. Still need a midfielder regardless.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:17 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:

But I would much rather have both strikers. The options up front would look so much healthier and I believe it is up front that could make or break our season. Still need a midfielder regardless.

Two strikers yes but him or his advisors seem to be pi**ing us about. Dump him and move on to another target.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Get both and then some.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Sign them both get them 2 upfront

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:

If we got Niasse if rather go for a right back and midfielder.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Sala on the bench tonight hasn’t started. Get them both in.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:24 pm

If we are serious about staying up then two strikers, a midfielder and a right back is what we need. If Niasse were to get injured we are back to Patterson as the other strikes on our books are championship standard.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:25 pm

If this is correct then I would have to agree. All this agreeing with people isn't good for me, even found myself agreeing with something Dahboy said & I needed a lie down afterwards.

Re: UPDATED “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 pm

WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Good signing here. Proven.

Proven where ? 50 odd games 10 goals ? Hardly proven

Proven as in he’s a natural striker and not a fullback.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 pm

I'm pleased how apparently easy getting niasse has been. He clearly just wants to play football which can only be good for us. Regardless of stats he is better than anyone else we have at this moment and if we sign sala we will have 2 players better than what we have now. It's a good move.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm

RageJon wrote:Yayyyyy we signed a striker :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Has to pass a medical yet :lol:

Re: UPDATED “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm

norms76 wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Good signing here. Proven.

Proven where ? 50 odd games 10 goals ? Hardly proven

Proven as in he’s a natural striker and not a fullback.

12 Goals in 49 premiership appearances , which is more or less one in four, and since a lot of these are substitute games it's impressive enough. It shows that he can score at that level when given the chance but he's more our style than Evertons do I think that he'll do better and thrive on the enthusiasm and respect he'll get from our supporters.

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE SIGNS “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm

L

https://youtu.be/z-E-n4oelLE

https://youtu.be/REf7yky8ygg

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:15 pm

everton fans say he's got no technical ability but runs his socks off and can score from virtually nothing. sounds like he will fit in well!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 pm

bluebadger wrote:everton fans say he's got no technical ability but runs his socks off and can score from virtually nothing. sounds like he will fit in well!

:laughing6: :laughing6: :notworthy:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Got to be good news,Premier League experience and on loan with option to buy at agreed price if successful probably £10m. Whereas Sala £18m no Premier League experience, Warnock’s record of spending £40m, could well be Madine Mark 2?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Glad we seem to be getting a striker but we still need to use the ball in midfield, pass it, keep possession and create chances. Without some quality coming in any striker is going to struggle.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 pm

It's odd reading the Everton message board and their view of him. They all almost without exception reckon that technically he is a bit rubbish can't control the ball and his passing is rubbish (you can see how he will fit in here) but he is a very hard worker and despite his technical limitations is a good finisher. Causes a lot of problems for opposition defenders with his work rate too. Not really big enough to be a centre forward in the classic mode but reasonably good in the air and has a lot of upper body strength.

Definitely an improvement on what we have got which is mostly injured anyway. If we get him and Sala and got Zohore fit and playing well (no easy task) we would have a more than decent strike force.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Crayfish wrote:It's odd reading the Everton message board and their view of him. They all almost without exception reckon that technically he is a bit rubbish can't control the ball and his passing is rubbish (you can see how he will fit in here) but he is a very hard worker and despite his technical limitations is a good finisher. Causes a lot of problems for opposition defenders with his work rate too. Not really big enough to be a centre forward in the classic mode but reasonably good in the air and has a lot of upper body strength.

Definitely an improvement on what we have got which is mostly injured anyway. If we get him and Sala and got Zohore fit and playing well (no easy task) we would have a more than decent strike force.

I totally agree.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:40 pm

bluebadger wrote:everton fans say he's got no technical ability but runs his socks off and can score from virtually nothing. sounds like he will fit in well!

After watching the youtube vids i would say his technical ability is good enough and his finishing is above average.May well suit our style.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 pm

You are all missing the point. We could have Pele up front but unless we can get hold of the ball the strikers will struggle especially if Mr Negative continues to play one up front. 30% possession against a team who had lost 9 on the bounce ffs. Get a quality midfielder in or we are stuffed

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Nora0343 wrote:You are all missing the point. We could have Pele up front but unless we can get hold of the ball the strikers will struggle especially if Mr Negative continues to play one up front. 30% possession against a team who had lost 9 on the bounce ffs. Get a quality midfielder in or we are stuffed

It ain't the 90's mate and loads of sides play one up.