Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE SIGNS “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:59 pm

100% agree

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Will he be available for saturdays game !!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Matt the Bluebird wrote:Will he be available for saturdays game !!

As long as he is registered before noon Friday I believe

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Hope we can get him signed before then !

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Still think we should go for Sala too if it’s doable. Goals will keep us up and, other than the big 6, we’re starting to stop them going in the other end so not too much of a problem.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 pm

They are the right aims too. Sign players better than guys in our starting 11. It's a big psychological statement to the teams around us too. Just hope it all comes off.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:36 pm

Really excited about this signing!!! Has pace, power, quick feet. There a bit of Mane about him, so excited to see what he can do as our main man!!

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Nora0343 wrote:You are all missing the point. We could have Pele up front but unless we can get hold of the ball the strikers will struggle especially if Mr Negative continues to play one up front. 30% possession against a team who had lost 9 on the bounce ffs. Get a quality midfielder in or we are stuffed

Well I would hope that if we got two decent forwards like Niasse and Sala in we would try and play a more attacking side paticularly at home. Obviously we could do with retaining possession better even it it just means more opportunities to get the ball forward to a couple of strikers.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:07 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Nora0343 wrote:You are all missing the point. We could have Pele up front but unless we can get hold of the ball the strikers will struggle especially if Mr Negative continues to play one up front. 30% possession against a team who had lost 9 on the bounce ffs. Get a quality midfielder in or we are stuffed

It ain't the 90's mate and loads of sides play one up.

I think his point was more about our midfield unable to keep possession. Get Tameze (or whoever) instead of Gunnarsson and we could start to tick.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

It ain't the 90's mate and loads of sides play one up.

I think his point was more about our midfield unable to keep possession. Get Tameze (or whoever) instead of Gunnarsson and we could start to tick.

Agree :ayatollah:

Niasse signing (once confirmed) is a great start but we need to show intent. A deal for Sala and also Tameze (or someone of that ilk) would fit the bill :thumbright:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 am

Please forget Sala. It has gone on longer than Brexit. He was not proven at a high league level and would have been a waste of money.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:19 am

Everyone who says dont get sala i think ur wrong. Watched 4 games and his work rate is awesome like patterson but quicker and can score more goals. Sala and niasse be awesome up top. Think joe allen could be good for us in midfield after all stoke aint doing much

Re: UPDATED “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 am

WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Good signing here. Proven.

Proven where ? 50 odd games 10 goals ? Hardly proven

In what league?! The one we play in, the toughest in the world. Plus That's about 49 more games and 10 goals more than any other of our strikers! Including this Sala fella.

Mate hardly proven! Patterson has a better goals to game ratio than him? And this “proven” striker doesn’t even have a locker at his own club? He might turn out good but personally it’s a waste of a loan

We're not in a position to get a proven prem striker. It's Jan so who's guna let one go and secondly probably out of our budget.

We have to go for players who are on the fringe with lots of potential. And personally I'm happier doing that on loan than spending 20m or whatever.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 am

Nathan Blake did not have a high opinion of Sala, without saying it, sound like he could be a Madine mk2.
Wales on line podcast this week.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 am

fred keenor wrote:Nathan Blake did not have a high opinion of Sala, without saying it, sound like he could be a Madine mk2.

Has he scouted sala for us or has he watched him om you tube ? 2nd ex player having an negative opinion bad as on here.... :old:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

Nathan Blake chatting cr@p shock

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:08 am

Where is this official photo of Niasse holding the shirt on our pitch! I can't take it any longer haha

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 am

fred keenor wrote:Nathan Blake did not have a high opinion of Sala, without saying it, sound like he could be a Madine mk2.

Nathan Blake didn’t even know Sala existed a month ago I wouldn’t listen to him.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 am

17/01/19

Sky Sports:

Cardiff City have agreed terms with Everton on a loan deal for Oumar Niasse until the end of the season.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:59 am

Newcastle United have missed out on signing Everton forward Oumar Niasse to Cardiff City after being credited with interest in the 28-year-old. (Daily Mirror)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 pm

I wonder why we haven't had an announcement on this yet

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:21 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I wonder why we haven't had an announcement on this yet

This was done last night. We will be seeing him in a city shirt about 2 o'clock I reckon. Unless they want to announce them both together.

Re: UPDATED “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Good signing here. Proven.

Proven where ? 50 odd games 10 goals ? Hardly proven

In what league?! The one we play in, the toughest in the world. Plus That's about 49 more games and 10 goals more than any other of our strikers! Including this Sala fella.

Mate hardly proven! Patterson has a better goals to game ratio than him? And this “proven” striker doesn’t even have a locker at his own club? He might turn out good but personally it’s a waste of a loan

We're not in a position to get a proven prem striker. It's Jan so who's guna let one go and secondly probably out of our budget.

We have to go for players who are on the fringe with lots of potential. And personally I'm happier doing that on loan than spending 20m or whatever.

Makes sense there Jack

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Nathan Blake didn’t even know Sala existed a month ago I wouldn’t listen to him.

As much as I don’t listen to anything Blake has to say - how many on this board new who Sala was? :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

As much as I don’t listen to anything Blake has to say - how many on this board new who Sala was? :lol:

None but none of us are judging him before he’s kicked a ball for us.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Blake generally talks nonsense so I wouldn't worry about what he has said.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Just seen this on twitter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Not another load of bollocks !

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Not another load of bollocks !

I don't recall a more frustrating January window!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 pm

tonyblue wrote:Just seen this on twitter

Got to be fake
You spell now not know ffs