Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff LIKELY team for Newcastle

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Etheridge

Richards (Based off the fact he played for U23's and was subbed off around the 70 min mark)
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Arter

Hoilett
Camarasa
Mendez-Laing

Sala

Re: Cardiff LIKELY team for Newcastle

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Well right now we are closer to signing niasse it would seem. So id say of the 2. Niasse would be more likely to start

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:37 pm

This is much more likely..

Etheridge

Peltier
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Arter

Hoilett
Camarasa (Ralls if hes injured)
Mendez-Laing/Paterson

Niasse

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 pm

Likely team only God knows then he would have to take his best guess :laughing5:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:33 am

Savigma wrote:Etheridge

Richards (Based off the fact he played for U23's and was subbed off around the 70 min mark)
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Arter

Hoilett
Camarasa
Mendez-Laing

Sala

No Reid no Murphy? if Warnock don't play them Saturday for me he should not have signed them at all. What a waste, and to think they were both £10m fees.
Last edited by Dahboy on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 am

Can’t see Patterson coming into the team anywhere if we get all these new players, we can’t select Patterson over Murphy/Laing/Hoilett surely and these new strikers if we get them :bluebird:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 am

I’m guessing Paterson will play in place of Camarasa should he be injured

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 am

If we play Niasse at front then at no point should we playing Patterson on the wing as he most certainly isn’t a winger. He can play up top or as CM/CAM putting him on the wing is just idiotic. Anyway he might be injured as might Camarasa but if their not my team would be.

Etheridge

Jazz
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Arter
Gunnerson
Camarasa

NML
Niasse
Murphy(even though he has been shit recently hopefully be dropped v Huddersfield will sort him out)

Subs, Smithies, Cunnigham, Ralls, Harris, Hoilett, Paterson, Reid

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:23 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I’m guessing Paterson will play in place of Camarasa should he be injured

Patterson dosnt have a midfielder mentality or skill rather Reid in camrasa place just can’t see a him in the team if we get these new players

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:29 am

rhblue wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:I’m guessing Paterson will play in place of Camarasa should he be injured

Patterson dosnt have a midfielder mentality or skill rather Reid in camrasa place just can’t see a him in the team if we get these new players

Hope you’re wrong.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:05 am

Bet we put Patterson lone forward again :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:09 am

Think Warnock prefers Peltier to Richards so would expect him to start at RB...

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to see Patterson upfront Saturday even if we signed Niasse.

If fit id bet Peltier Starts as well over Richards.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

T1JMO wrote:Think Warnock prefers Peltier to Richards so would expect him to start at RB...

Neither are good enough anyway both shouldn’t have even been able to make a premier league squad RB definetly our weakest position

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:12 pm

I think it will be 451

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Cunningham
Bennett

Hoilett
Ralls
Arter
Gunnarsson
Mendez-laing

Patterson

Morrison injured means we lose out left sided centre back. The natural replacement for him would be Cunningham.

Camerasa picked up a injury last game and is struggling so will likely be on the bench.

We are away so Warnock will go with the better defensive side players in Mendez and Hoilett

No new signings means Patterson continuing up front

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Funny how your week can change 2 new strikers in, back to patters, possible snow,hats off to those who travel to this feeling deflated,proper fans.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:53 pm

i may be wrong but we havent signed saia or niasse yet havent we got to have them onboard by midday tomorow to play saturday

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:i may be wrong but we havent signed saia or niasse yet havent we got to have them onboard by midday tomorow to play saturday

Wouldn't we need international clearance in both cases. That can take time I think so probably lost any hope of either playing Saturday. Don't quote me on that as I don't know how it works but I just recall it holding up transfers of foreign players in the past.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm

epping blue wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:i may be wrong but we havent signed saia or niasse yet havent we got to have them onboard by midday tomorow to play saturday

Wouldn't we need international clearance in both cases. That can take time I think so probably lost any hope of either playing Saturday. Don't quote me on that as I don't know how it works but I just recall it holding up transfers of foreign players in the past.

i beleive so even if niasse is announced tomorow im not 100% he van play

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 am

Etheridge

Pelts
Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Camarasa / ralls/pato
Arter
Gunnar

Niasse Lw
Sala
Nml rw

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:56 am

I can't see him playing Bamba and Manga together as they are both right footed.

More likely Cunningham or all three with wing backs

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:15 am

Patterson looked like he was carrying a knock last week too, so I don't think he will start.

Patterson, Camerasa and Arter looked injured last week..........

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:18 am

thomasblue wrote:I think it will be 451

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Cunningham
Bennett

Hoilett
Ralls
Arter
Gunnarsson
Mendez-laing

Patterson

Morrison injured means we lose out left sided centre back. The natural replacement for him would be Cunningham.

Camerasa picked up a injury last game and is struggling so will likely be on the bench.

We are away so Warnock will go with the better defensive side players in Mendez and Hoilett

I'm pretty sure Patterson was one of the ones Warnock was saying was carrying a knock, but we may have to play him again, it's not really a good idea to bring in a new player Friday and tell him to play the next day, they need a few weeks to train and gains some understanding of how the team play.

I think Arter is carrying a knock too.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:36 am

Bluebina wrote:

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Cunningham
Bennett

Hoilett
Ralls
Arter
Gunnarsson
Mendez-laing

Patterson

I'm pretty sure Patterson was one of the ones Warnock was saying was carrying a knock, but we may have to play him again, it's not really a good idea to bring in a new player Friday and tell him to play the next day, they need a few weeks to train and gains some understanding of how the team play.

I get what you're saying re Paterson but I think that playing one of the new lads (assuming they're signed) is less of a risk than playing him due to (1) CPs injury (2) whoever comes in being a more natural striker, however 'ring rusty' they are. At least start with the new lad(s) and see how it goes I say :thumbup:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Cunningham
Bennett

Hoilett
Ralls
Arter
Gunnarsson
Mendez-laing

Patterson

I get what you're saying re Paterson but I think that playing one of the new lads (assuming they're signed) is less of a risk than playing him due to (1) CPs injury (2) whoever comes in being a more natural striker, however 'ring rusty' they are. At least start with the new lad(s) and see how it goes I say :thumbup:

Maybe, it will be nice if Warnock has some choice upfront, at last, let's hope at least one of them is signed and registered in time!

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:48 am

epping blue wrote:

Can be hold up because got to go through two organisation's faw and fa but hopefully not today :thumbup:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:08 am

Etheridge

Bennett
Bamba
Manga
Pelts

Gunner
Arter
Camarasa

Mendez Lang
Murphy
Niasse

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 am

Dahboy wrote:
Savigma wrote:Etheridge

Manga
Bamba
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Arter

Hoilett
Camarasa
Mendez-Laing

Sala

No Reid no Murphy? if Warnock don't play them Saturday for me he should not have signed them at all. What a waste, and to think they were both £10m fees.

To be fair Murphy let him down a few weeks ago with his display and we cannot afford to go a goal down so Hoilett will give better defensive cover than murphy .

Reid ... well I can't say I've been massively impressed from what I've seen however could start ahead of Victor if he's not fit . Would like to see Reid play behind Niasse/Sala .

Imagine we will pack the midfield as Newcastle are missing a lot of players through injury .

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm

don't think sala can play now, pretty sure the player has to be registered and signed before 12pm the day before the game, which means niasse can play and probably will, but I don't think sala can now

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Etheridge
Peltier-Manga-Bamba-Bennett
Mendez Laing-Arter-Gunnarson-Murphy
Reid
Niasse
Maybe naisse will be on the bench but hoping callum Patterson not starting upfront maybe in reids place but not upfront