PAUL MERSON SAYS RAFA BENÍTEZ / NEIL WARNOCK

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Newcastle United's Rafa Benitez couldn't do the job 'unbelievable' Neil Warnock is doing at Cardiff City says Paul Merson

Bluebirds game at Newcastle takes Premier League top billing says top TV pundit

Thursday 17 Jan 2019

The big showdown - rival bosses Rafa Benitez and Neil Warnock (Image: PA)
Bluebirds game at Newcastle takes Premier League top billing says top TV pundit

TV pundit Paul Merson has declared Cardiff City take Premier League top billing this weekend by dubbing their relegation clash with Newcastle as 'The biggest game of the weekend."

He went on: "This is huge. A cup final."

Title rivals Liverpool and Manchester City are each in action, against Crystal Palace and Huddersfield respectively, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's resurgent Manchester United bid to make it seven wins on the trot by defeating Brighton.

But Merson insists the real interest comes up on Tyneside, where Neil Warnock's Bluebirds seek to remain above Rafa Benitez's Newcastle in the table in a massive six-pointer.

And although he reckons Newcastle will shade it, Merson spoke of his admiration for Warnock.

Remember when ex-England and Arsenal star Merson played for a little Welsh League club

He even goes on to say Benitez, ex-Liverpool and Real Madrid boss, couldn't have done the job at Cardiff that Warnock has managed.

"This is the biggest game of the weekend. This is huge. A cup final," Merson told Sky Sports.

"I watched Cardiff against Huddersfield and they got battered - it was just that Huddersfield wouldn't have scored in a month of Sundays. Cardiff wouldn't have either, by the way.

"Rafa Benitez couldn't have done what Neil Warnock has done at Cardiff though. No chance. Warnock is pulling up trees. He's an unbelievable manager."

Asked for a prediction on the game, Merson said: "I'm leaning just towards Newcastle here, who have got superior players to Cardiff.

"That will be the difference. Imagine if Newcastle lose? There'd be uproar. They simply can't lose this game. And won't. 1-0."
Attachments
542D02CE-E7C3-4043-A90E-FC00694EC122.jpeg
542D02CE-E7C3-4043-A90E-FC00694EC122.jpeg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 3707 times
388A9D72-3661-4983-BE1D-51C193C7067D.jpeg
388A9D72-3661-4983-BE1D-51C193C7067D.jpeg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat