BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: " EMILIANO SALA UPDATE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Neil Warnock issues key Emiliano Sala update and explains why he wants him at Cardiff City

Friday 18th January 2019

Neil Warnock is "optimistic" that Cardiff City can add Emiliano Sala to the signing of Everton's Oumar Niasse, after providing a major transfer update.

The Cardiff boss spoke at length about the strengths of Nantes forward Sala, who is believed to be completing a medical with the Bluebirds today (Friday).

He hinted that there is a strong chance Cardiff could sign both strikers and add much-needed goals to help their battle against relegation.

Neil Warnock was asked about the Sala deal.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We’re optimistic about that," he said.

"The figures quoted weren’t right, I think it’s around £15million which is a lot, but that’s what strikers cost even in the Championship now.

"We’re not in the other bracket where we can spend anything.

"I like him, he’s a hard worker, he’s not going to knock the walls down straight away, but we need strikers. So if I could get them both I would.

"That’s going to be the difference between now and the end of the season, whether we can score goals.

Asked on rumours that the Argentine was having a medical at Cardiff City Stadium today, Warnock replied: "I hope so, but then I’m not 100 per cent sure."

The veteran boss then ruled Sala officially out of contention to play at Newcastle, although Niasse will be available after completing a loan move from Everton.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We can’t just be left with poor old (Callum) Paterson for the rest of the season.

"So if I had a choice of a midfielder or another striker, I’d choose another striker really. I don’t know if Ken (Zohore) or (Danny) Ward are going to be fit."

"The people we’re looking at are types of players who will fit in with our squad," Warnock added.

"We don’t look at your Ronaldos.

"Sala is hard working who works his socks off for the team, doesn’t catch the eye at times but a manager’s type of player.

"And Niasse, I did my homework with him, got good reports about how he’d fit in with me from (Everton and ex Sheffield United defender) Jagielka, who told me about his strengths and how he could see it working between us.

"We can’t be bringing in players who think they’re better than us, because it would just disrupt us."
Attachments
0_Sala.jpg
0_Sala.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 4508 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat