Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

With our 2 new signings

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:44 pm

One has to drop out of the 25. Who do you think it will be? I think with our new number of forwards it will be Ward. If we get a few injuries in midfield we will need Damour

Re: With our 2 new signings

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:18 pm

I think Ward will drop out when Sala is signed. Healey will make way for Niasse I suspect.
Ward would probably be loaned out. If we sign a mid fielder then I suspect Damour will go. If we sign a right back then Connolly will probably go as long as Jazz is fit

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Connolly
Kadeem Harris
Danny Ward
Damour
Jazz Richards
Brian Murphy

Any if not All of them could be gone in the window if we have a full back and a midfielder replacement prepared.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Forgive me if I’m wrong but does healey identify as a U21 player so he doesn’t need to be registered to play?

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:07 pm

He does. But with 2 new signings and only Madine gone we are currently 1 over.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Theblues2 wrote:Forgive me if I’m wrong but does healey identify as a U21 player so he doesn’t need to be registered to play?

Someone pointed out the other day he misses out by a few days.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Healey is 24 i believe. Hasn't played much but played the first time we were in the prem

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Connolly, Harris and damour

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Surely healey should be nowhere near the squad

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Savigma wrote:Connolly
Kadeem Harris
Danny Ward
Damour
Jazz Richards
Brian Murphy

Any if not All of them could be gone in the window if we have a full back and a midfielder replacement prepared.

Don’t be daft we aren’t going to get rid of our third choice keeper.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:17 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Theblues2 wrote:Forgive me if I’m wrong but does healey identify as a U21 player so he doesn’t need to be registered to play?

Someone pointed out the other day he misses out by a few days.

A few years not days.
U21’s don’t need to be registered he’s 24.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:24 pm

Danny Ward is probably the most likely, although you could also make a case for Loic Damour being excluded as he isn’t anywhere near the team at the moment.

But I say Ward because it wouldn’t surprise me if a Championship club try and take him on loan.

Feel that would suit us now as we have the options of Niasse, Sala, Paterson, Zohore. You would say those four are definitely ahead of him, while Bobby Reid can also play up front.

Healey may stay because the only team he can go on loan to is MK Dons. So he’ll have to stay unless they come in for him. But struggle to see him making the matchday squad now for us unless we have a major injury crisis with our strikers.

Not a chance will Brian Murphy be taken out, important to have three goalkeepers in the squad.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Danny Ward is probably the most likely, although you could also make a case for Loic Damour being excluded as he isn’t anywhere near the team at the moment.

But I say Ward because it wouldn’t surprise me if a Championship club try and take him on loan.

Feel that would suit us now as we have the options of Niasse, Sala, Paterson, Zohore. You would say those four are definitely ahead of him, while Bobby Reid can also play up front.

Healey may stay because the only team he can go on loan to is MK Dons. So he’ll have to stay unless they come in for him. But struggle to see him making the matchday squad now for us unless we have a major injury crisis with our strikers.

Not a chance will Brian Murphy be taken out, important to have three goalkeepers in the squad.

MK Dons want him back.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Danny Ward is probably the most likely, although you could also make a case for Loic Damour being excluded as he isn’t anywhere near the team at the moment.

MK Dons want him back.

Healey out then :thumbright: