Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Virtually a Cardiff City player / as Nantes coach says C

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:25 am

I said yesterday that he would be getting £40/£50K, he will be getting £44k per week, really all guesswork!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:38 am

Igovernor wrote:I said yesterday that he would be getting £40/£50K, he will be getting £44k per week, really all guesswork!

I agree some guess work, but I forgot he was on euros 10,000, not £10,000 :thumbright:

It’s the Nantes manager who made the statement.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:59 am

Cardiff City plan to name Emiliano Sala as their record signing in the next few days, after striking a hard bargain to land their man.

Nantes top goal-getter Sala will join in a £15m deal after several days of to-ing and fro-ing between the two clubs.

His arrival follows the capture of another striker, Everton's Oumar Niasse, who has come on loan and should play at Newcastle this weekend.

Sala flew into Rhoose Airport on Friday morning to undertake what manager Neil Warnock called 'a thorough medical' and to finalise terms.

Once the paperwork has been formally sorted, he too will be announced as a Cardiff player.

The French club gave Sala the go-ahead to travel to Wales on a private jet after significantly reducing their asking price, which is said to have started as high as £25m.

The Bluebirds are said to have offered Nantes £13m originally and clearly the final negotiated figure is closer to the Cardiff end of the bargain.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:47 am

I said yesterday that he would be getting £40/£50K, he will be getting £44k per week, really all guesswork![/quote]

I agree some guess work, but I forgot he was on euros 10,000, not £10,000 :thumbright:

It’s the Nantes manager who made the statement.[/quote]
:thumbup: :notworthy: