Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Diolch yn fawr, Mr Tan

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Just a word of thanks to VINCENT TAN.
Lot of people in here have a go at him when things go wrong, but are very reluctant to give him any credit. Well be has proved the doubters wrong. In general he has been true to his word and the investment this month gives us a fighting chance! If we end up going down please don't turn on VT - it won't be his fault.
We play a team owned by Mike Ashley tomorrow. Think about it.
Diolch Mr Tan. :thumbup:

Re: Diolch yn fawr

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 pm

Absolutely right we praise Vincent Tan here. I walked away at the rebrand and missed a few seasons but fair play he has done everything and more for this club in his time here and I hope he stays for a very long time :bluebird: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:02 pm

I also walked Charlie, and was never coming back even after the return to BLUE, my son got me back. , my other son has never returned which saddens me. I do now think Mr Tan realises the division he caused. I have to say he has turned this around and he has shown he can be an honourable man. He has become a excellent owner now. Well done to him.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:I also walked Charlie, and was never coming back even after the return to BLUE, my son got me back. , my other son has never returned which saddens me. I do now think Mr Tan realises the division he caused. I have to say he has turned this around and he has shown he can be an honourable man. He has become a excellent owner now. Well done to him.

Absolutely Mel :thumbup:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 pm

All the board including mr tan deserve a heads up for getting in these 2 signings and we possibly are not done yet, once again thank you for lifting my spirits especially after last week against udders it was like watching a game from the Cymru alliance dreadful.

Re: Diolch yn fawr, Mr Tan

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 am

No-one should ever turn their back on their club. Once you start supporting a club it is for life. Don't forget when we formed we started playing in Brown and Yellow.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 am

Mr Tan and the board have stuck to their word and have worked wonders getting these two over the line. I hope now that they don't rest on their laurels. We still desperately need a LB and a CM. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:00 am

Lengee wrote:Just a word of thanks to VINCENT TAN.
Lot of people in here have a go at him when things go wrong, but are very reluctant to give him any credit. Well be has proved the doubters wrong. In general he has been true to his word and the investment this month gives us a fighting chance! If we end up going down please don't turn on VT - it won't be his fault.

I still can't forgive him for installing red seats in the ground :lol: :oops:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:26 am

Dahboy wrote:Mr Tan and the board have stuck to their word and have worked wonders getting these two over the line. I hope now that they don't rest on their laurels. We still desperately need a LB and a CM. :ayatollah:

Surely you mean we need a RB and not a LB??

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 am

montyblue wrote:All the board including mr tan deserve a heads up for getting in these 2 signings and we possibly are not done yet, once again thank you for lifting my spirits especially after last week against udders it was like watching a game from the Cymru alliance dreadful.

Only question l have is why this money was not spent at the start of the season,who was responsible for that decision?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:10 am

since64 wrote:
montyblue wrote:All the board including mr tan deserve a heads up for getting in these 2 signings and we possibly are not done yet, once again thank you for lifting my spirits especially after last week against udders it was like watching a game from the Cymru alliance dreadful.

Only question l have is why this money was not spent at the start of the season,who was responsible for that decision?

I think it's a good point, Warnock didn't spend all his budget in the summer so it could have been a case of him wanting to give people a chance.

Or it could have been Tan saying give us a fighting chance and come Janaury and ill back you.

Both seem fair.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 am

He's payed for a few players because he wants his money back not because of us as fans. He will lose more than hes going to spend if we go back down its all a risk really but in money terms its for him to gain not lose. Id never thank the turd or forgive him for what he done or get out the lube like others either but we all differ :bluescarf:

Warnock sticks 20million on the bench and brings on a kid who he sent out on loan so wouldn't supprise me seeing the same tbh :laughing6:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am

Even IF we go down this year, no one can accuse tan or the board of not putting their money where their mouth is.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:
since64 wrote:

I think it's a good point, Warnock didn't spend all his budget in the summer so it could have been a case of him wanting to give people a chance.

Or it could have been Tan saying give us a fighting chance and come Janaury and ill back you.

Both seem fair.

Yes that's true.....But I just heard Neil Warnock being interviewed saying Newcastle will be expecting to win today. When you look at the cost of their players. "Last week the total cost of our team was £9.1 mill."
He didn't add that he had maybe £ 20 mill in the bench and £10m was unspent. Neil has been brilliant for us but his pleading poverty is wearing a bit thin.
I hope that we give it a go today. NWL should start as he was our best forward last week!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Great post.

I think we all got pissed off with Tan for obvious reasons but fair play to him, he has been true to his word and deserves credit.

If we manage to stay up, which I believe we will, Warnock & the players take the biggest praise but Tan and the board deserve some too.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:He's payed for a few players because he wants his money back not because of us as fans. He will lose more than hes going to spend if we go back down its all a risk really but in money terms its for him to gain not lose. Id never thank the turd or forgive him for what he done or get out the lube like others either but we all differ :bluescarf:

Warnock sticks 20million on the bench and brings on a kid who he sent out on loan so wouldn't supprise me seeing the same tbh :laughing6:

What a tosser you are!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:He's payed for a few players because he wants his money back not because of us as fans. He will lose more than hes going to spend if we go back down its all a risk really but in money terms its for him to gain not lose. Id never thank the turd or forgive him for what he done or get out the lube like others either but we all differ :bluescarf:

What a tosser you are!

You sound so damn bitter but let it go and you will feel better BB1977

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Bitter, what the hell are you on about, the poster is the one who is bitter, why don't you re-read his post!

My bad I have re-read your post, and got confused, i thought you were replying to me :laughing6:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:34 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

Great post.

I think we all got pissed off with Tan for obvious reasons but fair play to him, he has been true to his word and deserves credit.

If we manage to stay up, which I believe we will, Warnock & the players take the biggest praise but Tan and the board deserve some too.

I was one of those who stopped going when we played in red. However, I am not completely unreasonable, and can take a step back and see that Tan has tried to rectify those mistakes, and unlike some club owners has taken notice of what the fans have said. Without his financial backing, there is no way of knowing where we would be right now, but I suspect it would have been one of the bottom two leagues.

I have always said that the best time to judge a club owner is when he eventually leaves the club. We know where we were the day he arrived, and we will know where we are at when his time here comes to an end. I have a feeling he will be true to his word, and leave this club in a far better place than we were before he was persuaded to pay off our outstanding debts. Not easy to get someone to pump millions into a football club, and I think Tan and the board are doing a good job right now, and it is good to see the club not being threatened with court action on a regular basis for non payment of debts.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Igovernor wrote:Bitter, what the hell are you on about, the poster is the one who is bitter, why don't you re-read his post!

My bad I have re-read your post, and got confused, i thought you were replying to me :laughing6:

Hehe.......keep up at the back! ;)

That said, with all this transfer in out in out fiasco I'm not surprised we are on edge.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:Bitter, what the hell are you on about, the poster is the one who is bitter, why don't you re-read his post!

No problem :D

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:11 pm

FAO bluesman, my lad would not go back as he didn't feel the same about the club after. He did not wish to mix with sell out people, and had the opinion that if all would have been strong and boycotted it wouldn't have been long before the red idea was scrapped, consequently we would never have been a laughing stock. But hayyho it's in the past now but maybe a lesson to stick together. ? Who knows.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:

What a tosser you are!

Are you telling me your not a wanker to because my opinion don't suit yours :laughing6: I know that's a lie. unless your a snowflake, tree hugger, transgender type who I have offended :laughing6:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:

What a tosser you are!

I second that
Hes a tosser

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Great post. I believe no other single individual has done as much for the club as vt has.

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:21 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

What a tosser you are!

I second that
Hes a tosser

A massive tosser steve :laughing6: