Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nantes Supporters on Sala

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 pm

Alot of Nantes Supporters feel there owner has sunk there ship selling Sala !!!

Re: Nantes Supporters on Sala

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:43 pm

They don’t like their owner.

A few were saying that if Sala went, then it would be the final straw.

In reality, he was always going to go once we had the chance to talk to Sala. They can’t compete with the money we were able to offer him.

£15m is a lot of money to a club like Nantes as well.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:They don’t like their owner.

In reality, he was always going to go once we had the chance to talk to Sala. They can’t compete with the money we were able to offer him.

They only made £7m from the deal Bordeaux getting the rest on resale.

Must be a proper kick in the chops for them

Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 am

RageJon wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:They don’t like their owner.

They only made £7m from the deal Bordeaux getting the rest on resale.

Must be a proper kick in the chops for them

bit of a kick in the chops for us too. without that sell on clause we would be paying less ?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 am

Ah the dark old days,the more senior fans will remember any player in a city shirt showing potential was sold at the first opportunity.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:41 am

Always looked on these type of transfers in that enjoy the players while you can.

They only paid a million for him so a good return for a 29 year old even taking into consideration the sell on clause.

Most pleasing is the fact that they all rate him as a trier with good strength to lead the line.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Ah the dark old days,the more senior fans will remember any player in a city shirt showing potential was sold at the first opportunity.

Yeah I remember. And I don't think we much further forward in that respect if I'm honest

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:11 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Ah the dark old days,the more senior fans will remember any player in a city shirt showing potential was sold at the first opportunity.

Yeah I remember. And I don't think we much further forward in that respect if I'm honest

That was my initial thought as well,but back in the dark dungeon days any player with potential was a possible target for a lot more teams than is the case now.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Really? When was the last key player sold to balance the books?

Bennett turned down a move to Fulham and signed a new contract, bids for Zohore turned down, etc.

I would say we’re a long way away from where we were selling everything we got an offer on !!

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good moan !!??

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Bennett turned down a move to Fulham and signed a new contract, bids for Zohore turned down, etc.

I would say we’re a long way away from where we were selling everything we got an offer on !!

And Morrison.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:45 am

piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Laughable isn't it!

I really can remember the dark days when we didn't have a pot to piss in and we were buying players from the non-league who then went straight into our first team (John Lewis, Ray Bishop, Cohen Griffiths, Wayne Hughes, Garry Stevens etc.)
Remember the fantastic impact Jason Koumas had when he came to us on loan?... we couldn't raise anything towards buying him and had to reluctantly let him go back to WBA (who didn't want him).

As you said, I can't recall the last time we sold a player to balance the books.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Jason Koumas

Best gifted player I've seen in a city shirt

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Jerry Maguire:
We live in a cynical world. A cynical world. And we work in a business of tough competitors !!!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Laughable isn't it!

I really can remember the dark days when we didn't have a pot to piss in and we were buying players from the non-league who then went straight into our first team (John Lewis, Ray Bishop, Cohen Griffiths, Wayne Hughes, Garry Stevens etc.)
Remember the fantastic impact Jason Koumas had when he came to us on loan?... we couldn't raise anything towards buying him and had to reluctantly let him go back to WBA (who didn't want him).

As you said, I can't recall the last time we sold a player to balance the books.

I was involved with the club's finances during those dark days, and however bad you may think things were, I can tell you they were even worse. There were times when the club was surviving on a day to day basis, and as I have said on here before, one thing you would'nt want to have been in possession of back then was a cheque drawn on CCFC.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Rambo I guess and that was what 10 years ago?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

I sort of agree.

But we haven’t had a player that would very quickly raise his level by leaving for a while.

Bennet and Morrison were both to clubs in the same division.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:42 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Who's moaning ? What I'm saying is we are still small fry compared to a lot of clubs with their spending powers. Bennet turned down Fulham granted. Did we ever get a concrete offer on zohore?
Can we compete in wages/transfer fees with other prem teams or certain championship teams? ....,No so yes we have advanced but still quite a bit of a selling rather than buying club

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

I sort of agree.

But we haven’t had a player that would very quickly raise his level by leaving for a while.

Bennet and Morrison were both to clubs in the same division.

Yes exactly when have we had a player that has been knocking down walls last few years? As stated Rambo prob last 1