Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SALA FLIES HOME - BACK FOR TRAINING ON TUESDAY

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:25 am

Emiliano Sala completes medical as move to Cardiff draws closer
Sky Sports News (Last Updated: 18/01/19 10:17pm)

Emiliano Sala has successfully completed his medical at Cardiff - who have agreed a deal with Nantes for the forward.

Sala is poised to become Cardiff's second new attacking signing of the week, Oumar Niasse having just arrived on loan from Everton.

The 28-year-old is flying back to Nantes on Saturday to pick up some belongings, before returning to Cardiff ready for training on Tuesday.

He could make his debut at the Emirates against Arsenal on January 29.

Born in Argentina, Sala has scored 12 times for Nantes this season, and Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is looking for fresh options up front.

Cardiff are 17th in the Premier League, one point clear of the drop zone, but have only scored 19 goals, the third lowest total in the division.

The fee for former Bordeaux and Caen forward Sala would set a new Cardiff club record, beating the £11m paid to Sevilla for Chile midfielder Gary Medel in 2013.

Asked on Friday about the potential deal, Warnock said: "It's around £15m, which is a lot.

"But when you look in the Championship, that's what strikers cost. I like him, he's a hard worker.

"He's not going to knock the walls down straight away, but we need strikers. So, if I could get them both [Sala and Niasse], I would.

"That's going to be the difference between now and the end of the season, whether we can score goals."

Warnock did not think the Sala deal would go through in time for the forward to feature at Newcastle on Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SALA FLIES HOME - BACK FOR TRAINING ON TUESDAY

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 am

Bluebirds grab Emiliano Sala 'bargain', Niasse to play against Newcastle United
By Paul Abbandonato

Cardiff City plan to name Emiliano Sala as their record signing in the next few days, after striking a hard bargain to land their man.

Nantes top goal-getter Sala will join in a £15m deal after several days of to-ing and fro-ing between the two clubs.

His arrival follows the capture of another striker, Everton's Oumar Niasse, who has come on loan and should play at Newcastle this weekend.

Sala flew into Rhoose Airport on Friday morning to undertake what manager Neil Warnock called 'a thorough medical' and to finalise terms.

Once the paperwork has been formally sorted, he too will be announced as a Cardiff player.

The French club gave Sala the go-ahead to travel to Wales on a private jet after significantly reducing their asking price, which is said to have started as high as £25m.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:25 am

Holding my breath until I see the Blue of City on him :) Great couple of days if it finally happens.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:11 am

Why hasnt he signed officially?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 am

wez1927 wrote:Why hasnt he signed officially?

He has! just not been announced yet.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 am

Igovernor wrote:

Why would he of signed but not been announced? Sounds odd

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:32 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

There’s a photo on another thread (not sure which one) with a few lads outside our stadium with him and he’s holding a city shirt in his left hand. Probably just completed photo for release very soon.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

City never announce a signing immediately, they announce after the registration papers, have been sent in and confirmed!

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:45 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Maybe it is because the team were on their way to Newcastle for a big game and sWarnock,etc didn’t want match day process disrupted further after Niasse signing ? and as it is our record signing they want to do it with Warnock there when they do his presentation to the media ?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:58 am

Cardiff City plan to name Emiliano Sala as their record signing in the next few days, after striking a hard bargain to land their man.

Nantes top goal-getter Sala will join in a £15m deal after several days of to-ing and fro-ing between the two clubs.

His arrival follows the capture of another striker, Everton's Oumar Niasse, who has come on loan and should play at Newcastle this weekend.

Sala flew into Rhoose Airport on Friday morning to undertake what manager Neil Warnock called 'a thorough medical' and to finalise terms.

Once the paperwork has been formally sorted, he too will be announced as a Cardiff player.

The French club gave Sala the go-ahead to travel to Wales on a private jet after significantly reducing their asking price, which is said to have started as high as £25m.

The Bluebirds are said to have offered Nantes £13m originally and clearly the final negotiated figure is closer to the Cardiff end of the bargain.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:30 am

the medical finished late in the day, i would assume the contracts are signed but wont be processed until the FA and french FA open on monday morning.
either that or hes signed for fulham :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:47 am

streamfeeder wrote:

the medical finished late in the day, i would assume the contracts are signed but wont be processed until the FA and french FA open on monday morning.

Don't say things like that, not even in jest.......we're a nervous bunch! :wink:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:52 am

streamfeeder wrote:

I woukd of thought that beung the transfer window that they are open 7 days a week ?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 am

I wonder did he see Snodgrass when he had his medical ? :?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 am

The FA do not work weekends or bank holidays hence if the transfer window is due to close on the Monday which is a bank holiday it gets extended till the Tuesday.