Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Halfway there

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:23 am

Sign a RB and a CDM and we could end up halfway up the table.

Re: Halfway there

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:45 am

Bluesman wrote:Sign a RB and a CDM and we could end up halfway up the table.

I hope they don't rest on their laurels here after two great signings. We still are desperate for a RB and a CM, but they don't need me to tell them that.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:12 am

Let's take each game as it comes

We we not a mid table side

If we survive it'll be a major coup for Warnock

Silly talk mid table when we are just about 4th from bottom

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am

17th will do

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:31 am

I can see everyone is raving over our two signings, but no-one has actually been able to tell me if Sala is any good, is he better than Zohore for example. I have asked the question a couple of times on here and the sort of answers I have had is that fans are basing their opinions on how much he is costing, while another poster said at least he is not injured all the time.

I would be genuinely interested to hear the views of a fan who may have actually seen quite a bit of him rather than a couple of youtube clips. I am hoping we have unearthed a gem, but have not shared in with the excitement because I will hold my hands up and say I know absolutely nothing about him. I am sure judging by a lot of comments that some of our fans must know a lot more than I do about him. Is he quick, is he good in the air and on the ground, what are his strengths and does he have any potential weaknesses. I'd love to know a bit about him, but information seems a bit scarce at the minute. Anyone able to help me out a bit here?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:51 am

As far as I can tell he's a bit like Peter Crouch. He's supposed to be good at positioning and especially good in the air, but not extremely quick or skill full. He's scored a few goals this season but not in previous seasons. I've noticed that a few of his goals recently have been penalties.
I'm thinking that Sir Neil likes his ability to hold the ball which Ken used to be able to do very well and works for our style of play. If we do start playing two forwards he'd probably work very well with Naisse or Reid although I'm not sure whether Sir Neil would change the shape in that way.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am

Good point on better than zohore. But right now it's a moot point as zohore hasn't been playing. And so far he hasn't been sold.

We have spent most of this season with a guy converted to an attacking midfielder from a right back playing up front. None of our actual forwards have put their hand up and demand a spot. Ward has been injured most of the season. Madine didn't really get a chance but he was limited with his skill set. Reid has been discussed and wasn't really a lone forward anyway. Zohore injured. Even Murphy has been played up top to some extent.

Niasse for me is certainly better than what we have. He is the correct position for a start and has good pedigree. Sala. Well the jury is out but he is in good form and could prove to be the best player we ever had or the worst. But we had to get someone in as plodding on as we were wasn't going to cut it long term

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:55 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:As far as I can tell he's a bit like Peter Crouch. He's supposed to be good at positioning and especially good in the air, but not extremely quick or skill full. He's scored a few goals this season but not in previous seasons. I've noticed that a few of his goals recently have been penalties.
I'm thinking that Sir Neil likes his ability to hold the ball which Ken used to be able to do very well and works for our style of play. If we do start playing two forwards he'd probably work very well with Naisse or Reid although I'm not sure whether Sir Neil would change the shape in that way.

Thank you Jimmy. I liked Crouch when he was in his prime, so this looks promising. I wonder what the long term plans are for Zohore now we have a couple of new ones here. Not sure a fully fit Zohore will be happy if he is just a fringe player who spends a lot of time on the bench.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:14 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:As far as I can tell he's a bit like Peter Crouch. He's supposed to be good at positioning and especially good in the air, but not extremely quick or skill full. He's scored a few goals this season but not in previous seasons. I've noticed that a few of his goals recently have been penalties.

No goals in previous seasons ????? have a look at these stats

2012–2015 Bordeaux 11 (1)
2012–2013 → Orléans (loan) 37 (19)
2013–2014 → Niort (loan) 37 (18)
2015 → Caen (loan) 13 (5)
2015– Nantes 117 (42)