Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we sacked Warnock.....

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Do people believe that with our current squad another manager could do and would have done better? Be interesting to know. I've defended Warnock to the hilt but personally the last two games have thrown his whole tactical approach into doubt for me. We've really been embarrassed against two awful teams

Re: If we sacked Warnock.....

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Tata, go support Man City

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Tata, go support Man City

Ummmm ok. I'm not throwing the towel in, you are

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:51 pm

One shot on target in 2 games
That’s not good enough , our tactics are rubbish

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Probably Big Sam would seal us up at the back and grind out enough points to survive :bluebird:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 pm

I think we have the players but the wrong tactics and belief

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:57 pm

I don't think anyone seen that team today and thought we were going to beat Newcastle. Odd selection unless Gunnerson was injured.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Replacing the manager isn’t the answer.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Need to sack him and get a new manager bounce. He is showing incredible naivety for a manager with 99 years of experience. A 6 goal swing against a club in the bottom three. Glad we got two strikers in but papers over the cracks that needed filling the most. Get big Sam in now.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Id stick with Warnock but the football has been dire recently and whenever we go a goal down we never look like getting back in to it. Bringing in a player who scored 8 goals last season in the prem and spending 18m on a striker from france is pointless if their not getting any supply or we're not creating any chances for them. I mean look at Paterson over the past month, how many chances have we created for him? I cant really think of any tbh.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:59 am

There's no one else that can do any better with our championship squad.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:21 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Probably Big Sam would seal us up at the back and grind out enough points to survive :bluebird:

Agree

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 am

nubbsy wrote:There's no one else that can do any better with our championship squad.

And theres the rub.Big Sam wouldn't come.He wasn't interested in the Hudders job for the same reason.Had far better players to work with at Everton and West Ham.As a proper supporter I knew what we were buying into and I thought everybody else did too.The only thing more disappointing than the last two results is the flake-y-ness of some of our fans.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 am

dorsetblue wrote:Need to sack him and get a new manager bounce. He is showing incredible naivety for a manager with 99 years of experience. A 6 goal swing against a club in the bottom three. Glad we got two strikers in but papers over the cracks that needed filling the most. Get big Sam in now.

you need to be under achieving to have any chance of getting a manager boost.
and Sam said he wouldn't be able to do anything for Huddersfield who were better than us.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 am

Paul’s Taxi wrote:One shot on target in 2 games
That’s not good enough , our tactics are rubbish

I agree my fellow bluebird, It's the tactics not the players at fault.
Things need tweaking.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:There's no one else that can do any better with our championship squad.

And theres the rub.Big Sam wouldn't come.He wasn't interested in the Hudders job for the same reason.Had far better players to work with at Everton and West Ham.As a proper supporter I knew what we were buying into and I thought everybody else did too.The only thing more disappointing than the last two results is the flake-y-ness of some of our fans.

100% agree.
its Warnock..its tactics..2 defensive { followed by an imaginary attacking line up ,that if he picks you complain about }.we are { our players } better than this .

or maybe he has managed to get some performances where we massively over achieved but are out of our depth.?
and the flakeyness of some of our fans is the most disappointing aspect for me too.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:17 pm

Interesting views guys, hope people are feeling a little less suicidal this morning. Write off the Arsenal game and look forward to a must win Bournemouth at home.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:16 pm

I genuinely believe that we have the players to perform better than they do at present, would like to see NW let them go out and give it a real go and show us what they can do, after all given recent results it couldn't do much harm :roll:

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Warnock deserves the whole of this season for the unbelievable job he did in getting us promoted within 18 months of the complete shambles he took over from Trollope.

Whenever he goes though and whatever division we are in at that time we are going to have big problems. I very much doubt that any other manager could get much more from this group of players so if we are in the Premier League still when he leaves then major reconstruction of the squad by any incoming manager, which will be expensive.

If we are in the Championship when he leaves then we may have a reasonably strong team for that league but if we do manage to get promotion (which is by no means guaranteed with the well known lottery of that league) then we will have a squad that has already proven to be not good enough for the Premier League.

It's going to be an interesting next few seasons ahead for sure.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:36 pm

I second that Davids, what he has done to unite this club is worth ten Pep Guardiolas in my mind.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Wait until the end if the season, judge him on the season as a whole