" CARDIFF WERE AGAIN POOR TODAY & THE DEFENCE WERE AWFUL "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF WERE AGAIN POOR TODAY & THE DEFENCE WERE AWFUL

Postby Dahboy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Arsenal away then Bournemouth at home, who will rip us to pieces with their attacking style. I can't see us staying up now but we will soon find out.
Dahboy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Depressed. . . .
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby PtB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:42 pm

We had no creative spark today and couldnt defend shit.

We give the ball away cheaply time after time.
Anyone who knows me knows I’m not the negative sort but that was crap today.

My son thinks I hate him after subjecting to him that. On the bright side, I got 176000002 steps on my fitbit climbing to the away end.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:45 pm

It is getting more and more difficult to be optimistic about us avoiding relegation after the last three games. We could not even manage a goal against Gillingham, Huddersfield and Newcastle. Frankly that is appalling. I have always been a fan of Warnock and thought we should keep him even if relegated but I am beginning to have serious doubts now. This inability to keep possession for more than three passes and failure to create hardly any chances is getting people down. He seems to start every game playing for a nil nil draw and is still playing for it when we are behind. Don't even think the two additions are going to make much difference if we keep playing Warnock football as after Arsenal we will probably be losing touch in the bottom three.
Crayfish

Postby bluebird58 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Defending like that makes you realise how important Morrison is to the team.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:54 pm

It is getting more and more difficult to be optimistic about us avoiding relegation after the last three games. We could not even manage a goal against Gillingham, Huddersfield and Newcastle. Frankly that is appalling. I have always been a fan of Warnock and thought we should keep him even if relegated but I am beginning to have serious doubts now. This inability to keep possession for more than three passes and failure to create hardly any chances is getting people down. He seems to start every game playing for a nil nil draw and is still playing for it when we are behind. Don't even think the two additions are going to make much difference if we keep playing Warnock football as after Arsenal we will probably be losing touch in the bottom three.
Crayfish

Postby MoodyBluebird » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:57 pm

I admire the positive posts on here, especially when there is so little to cheer about.

However, I am firmly of the opinion that we have a championship manager with by and large championship quality players so it is no wonder that we are struggling to turn in a decent performance.

If all you have to give is grit and determination, you will get found out in this league eventually. As a prerequisite players must have composure on the ball, the ability to pass and be able to read a game. Only then will your fighting qualities and never say die attitude count for anything.

If at all possible we should be looking to get a CM before the window closes, otherwise we can kiss goodbye to the Prem now.

I hope this is seen as a realistic post, not a rant by a disgruntled fan. I really do want us to succeed but there is no substitute for quality.
MoodyBluebird

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm

We know where we are. All of these posts are stating the bleedin obvious.
We’ll pick up more results this season, and it’ll be close. We’re in touch with those above us, and see what difference the new signings make.
rumpo kid

Postby fred keenor » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm

We so need Sala to hit the ground running, hold up play and bringing people into the game is critical in the next few games.
Another quality midfield player able to dictate play is also desperately needed.
We are so far off the pace in the last 3 games im not quite sure why , other than we have run out of confidence perhaps.
Losing to gilingham has certainly knocked us for 6.
fred keenor

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Ask anyone who understands football and you have to compete through the middle of the pitch. You lose that you have to be very lucky to get a result. In front of our defence today we had
Camarasa and Ralls, in a must not lose game! Shambles Selcetion. We are not good enough to play only 2 CM with any combination never mind our 2 physically weakest players. If Gunner was injured bring Damour in. Give yourself a chance!!

Hoilett over Murphy.... don't see it

Can you honesty tell me Patterson is worse than Peltier at RB/RWB

The guy players international football there and I'm sorry Peltier gives everything but is so limited!! We got him from a relegation fighting championship Huddersfield who had no interest in keeping him.... he's not good enough for this level!! In fairness Bennet defending for 2 of the goals was even worse today.

It's so frustrating to see us going into these games with 0 chance of getting a result and better options on the bench.
Nickoblue23

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Every game is damage limitation, Everyone seemed to be pointing at Morrison last week but without him we are even worse. Huddersfield are down, Fulham will improve, Burnley,Palace and Southampton are getting results. We are in big trouble
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:24 pm

rumpo kid wrote:We know where we are. All of these posts are stating the bleedin obvious.
We’ll pick up more results this season, and it’ll be close. We’re in touch with those above us, and see what difference the new signings make.

It's not about signings it's about way NW sets up the team past two games both against teams below us we played from start for a draw! Against Huddersfield we were more defensive that today , listening to him hes got couple players who fit in with his style of play that doesn't exactly fill you with confidence he will change tactics...
pembroke allan

Postby montyblue » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm

I love neil as a manager but the tactics have completly changed from the championship this constant defensive mode latetly is not working we gave arsenal Chelsea wolves a much better game because we took the game to them why have we changed to sitting back its wave after wave of teams coming at us .
montyblue

Postby Dahboy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Hands up all those who should be joyous at the unnouncment of Sala today but aren't.
Dahboy

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Bringing in better quality players may allow a change of tactics. If NW doesn’t set up the team to defend, we’re looking at some 10-0’s.. The only tactic he can employ with the current crop, is keep a clean sheet, and hope we nick one. In essence, we shouldn’t have gone up with these players.
rumpo kid

Postby howbluewasmyvalley » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Guess who stops this in its tracks?
Mr boringiy negative. Taken a while for me but keep him on here? Adds anything?
Doesn’t offer any positively challenging views, just flat unjustified negatives.
No empathy for our club.
Clearly an infiltrator of some sort. Needs sorting.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Block 111 :bluebird: :bluebird:
howbluewasmyvalley

Postby howbluewasmyvalley » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Dahboy - the negative git. Get shot. :banghead:
howbluewasmyvalley

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Dont go too harsh on the kid..For some young men and women, football teams are all they have..

Anyway, Sala might score a hat-trick on his debut..now he's a f**kin Bluebird!!
rumpo kid

Postby Dahboy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm

howbluewasmyvalley wrote:Guess who stops this in its tracks?
Mr boringiy negative. Taken a while for me but keep him on here? Adds anything?
Doesn’t offer any positively challenging views, just flat unjustified negatives.
No empathy for our club.
Clearly an infiltrator of some sort. Needs sorting.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Block 111 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Block head 111
Dahboy

Postby actionman » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 am

I fear we may have reached our peak sides around us are starting to play better
actionman

Postby city74 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 am

Joe Bennett was an embarrassment how he maintained his place after only Colin can explain! How is Lee Peltier even close to the starting line up of a Premier League team ??? The guy is not even Championship level.
\so many other options he could have chosen yesterday I'd rather put Paterson there & played Ward up top or even played Coxe at full back.
Why did we start with Ralls instead of Gunnar?? Ralls has been awful this season

Excluding Smithies our £26m summer signings were all on the bench today also

Think Warnock time is up after yesterday team selection he's lost the plot!
city74

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 am

Whats the point of changing managers now after the miracle that has been worked by NW.

We saw what OGS did when he came in and changed the philosphy, it was a disaster.

Whatever happens i dont think NW will be here next season, he is a great manager but whoever was in charge of this lot would struggle in the PL.

Some great championship players but just not enough quality at this level.
fred keenor

Postby Wardy64 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:14 am

The defence was poor because we had no midfield. Ralls is so poor he wouldn’t get in my under 18s. No Arter and Gunners which stops Camarasa playing. Overrun in midfield puts pressure on the defence and can’t supply the forwards. NW played the wrong team for the last two games where we needed to take 4/6 points. I am struggling to understand his tactics lately. RB and two midfielders are desperately needed.
Wardy64

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 am

What worries me is we can’t even now beat the struggling clubs around us.

That was Newcastle’s first win in 5 games.

When Huddersfield drew at Cardiff last week, they had lost their previous 9 games.

It’s worrying because we have so far not even got a point of the top clubs.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby billy ronson » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 am

we need a RB and centre midfield ASAP .. needed RB since last summer ! Jazz always injured and maybe a step up too much for Peltier , Manga doesn’t give us enough going forward.
Not only no Morrison in defence but no Gunnar or Arter on team sheet either so we were always going to struggle!

No offence to Ralls but Its been a big step up for him to premier league and defensive role doesn’t suit Camarasa....

2019 has been dreadful for us 4 played , no goals , 3 defeats .and 1 point from 2 games where we needed at least 1win from one of the games !

I hope the 10 day break rejuvenates our team and a shock win at Arsenal :ayatollah:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:02 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
D4ECCB8B-A1B9-4A26-861F-ADFF25835BA3.jpeg
D4ECCB8B-A1B9-4A26-861F-ADFF25835BA3.jpeg (233.58 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
45A4D70A-ACDE-48E4-AB51-7A5CAB417868.jpeg
45A4D70A-ACDE-48E4-AB51-7A5CAB417868.jpeg (163.24 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat